This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients or Asgard

As we all know the Ancients were one of, if not the most advanced races in the universe. And we all know that after the Lantians retreated to Earth from Atlantis they didnt advance any further. Also we know that after that this the Asgard race which was already very advanced had ten thousand years to advance further. So which to date is the most advanced?

- Im positive that Ancient sheilds are more powerful than the Asgard sheilds from battles with Wraith hive ships.
    - I know that the Ancient Drone weapons are more advanced than any Asgard weapons.
    - The Asgard beam tech is much more efficient than Ancient ring transports.
    - Also when the Orion and the Daedalus jumped into hyperspace to intercept the Wraith hive ships headed to Earth the Daedalus jumped a second or two before the Orion but the Daedalus arrived considerably sooner then the Orion, I know that the Orion wasnt working as efficient as it could have but it is still possible that the Asgard hyperdrive is more effective than the Ancient hyperdrive.

So what are your opinions and evidence?
    Last edited by .jolinar.; 31 January 2007, 05:45 AM.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
    - Im positive that Ancient sheilds are more powerful than the Asgard sheilds from battles with Wraith hive ships.
    - I know that the Ancient Drone weapons are more advanced than any Asgard weapons.
    - The Asgard beam tech is much more efficient than Ancient ring transports.
    - Also when the Orion and the Daedalus jumped into hyperspace to intercept the Wraith hive ships headded to Earth the Daedalus jumped a second or two before the Orion but the Daedalus arrived considerably sooner then the Orion, I know that the Orion wasnt working as efficient as it could have but it is still possible that the Asgard hyperdrive is more effective than the Ancient hyperdrive.

So what are your opinions and evidence?
    -i agree, atlantis's shields are deffinately stronger than anything the asgard could build IMO
    -Drones are different, but in general after looking at the Satelite and the Triniy weapon i'd say ancients
    -Asgard have more practical beaming tech
    -The deadalus hyperdrive is inta galactic, the Orions is not so it's unfair to compare them...
    -Asard holograms seem atleast as good as ancient ones maybe more advanced

In general i think ancients are more advanced and have researched into areas the Asgard probably have hardely touched due to time...though those little rey guys do seem to have the edge in some respects
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

even the asgard say that they are young compared to the ancients remember when they got the repoatory from jacks head they said they barly scratched the sureface.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
        I'm positive that Ancient sheilds are more powerful than the Asgard sheilds from battles with Wraith hive ships.
        You talking about City Ship shields or Aurora Class shields here??????
        If you’re talking about City Ship shields, they are more powerful than Asgard shields with help from the ZPM.
        If you’re talking about Aurora Class shields, we haven't seen an Ancient Battle Ship Vs Hive Ship one on one. The little battle in 'No Mans Land' didn't count as shields were taken off line to fire drones so we have no idea how long an Ancient Ship could take Hive Weapons. So I wouldn't be that 'Positive' that Ancient shields are more powerful than Asgard shields (without ZPM.)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          -Drones are different, but in general after looking at the Satelite and the Triniy weapon i'd say ancients
          I didnt think of the Satalite or the trinity cannon

-The deadalus hyperdrive is inta galactic, the Orions is not so it's unfair to compare them...
          I didnt know about that

-Asard holograms seem atleast as good as ancient ones maybe more advanced
          I didnt consider this but I would say that they are both equal.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

As much as I love the Asgard, The Ancients were more advanced then the Asgard. This is probably due to the fact that the Ancients are far far older then the Asgard and had alot more time to develop.

The Asgard beam is more advanced as it needs to be due to the Asgard being alot frailer physically then the ancients were.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

From what i've observed when the treasure appears in the episodes Avalon & Camelot, Asgard beaming technology my be infact Ancient technology.

Plus Thor once said that they got their hands on part of the Ancient repository of knowledge & were able to understand & adapt a small percentage of it. That may have included the beming technology
              sigpic
              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
              Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by wilson359 View Post
                From what i've observed when the treasure appears in the episodes Avalon & Camelot, Asgard beaming technology my be infact Ancient technology.

Plus Thor once said that they got their hands on part of the Ancient repository of knowledge & were able to understand & adapt a small percentage of it. That may have included the beming technology
                Thats something i never considered, but it may be possible. Maybe they got those holograms things that same way.

Comment

Every species in the StarGate network is different. Each species is more advance in its own way.

I could say the Mimic aliens are the most advance aliens because of they mimic device. I have not seen any species of the Great Alliance of 4 ever use technology like this.
                  Or even the Tollen, they had Ion cannon which could destroy a Ha’tak in a single shot, (like the Ori) Phase-shifting technology, had a Symbiotie silencer device and even reverse-engineered a Stargate with (help from the NOX)
                  The Asgard or Ancients have never had a Symbiote Silencer, Phase Shifting Tech and the Asgard could never destroy a Ha’tak with a single shot.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                    Every species in the StarGate network is different. Each species is more advance in its own way.

I could say the Mimic aliens are the most advance aliens because of they mimic device. I have not seen any species of the Great Alliance of 4 ever use technology like this.
                    Or even the Tollen, they had Ion cannon which could destroy a Ha’tak in a single shot, (like the Ori) Phase-shifting technology, had a Symbiotie silencer device and even reverse-engineered a Stargate with (help from the NOX)
                    The Asgard or Ancients have never had a Symbiote Silencer, Phase Shifting Tech and the Asgard could never destroy a Ha’tak with a single shot.
                    well im pretty sure if the ancients were around then they could biuld anything,
                    the ancients never biult a symbiote silencer because they never encounted the gould when they came back from pegasus, they ascended shorlty after.
                    the ancients do have some phrase ****fing tech like merlins phrase shifting device in arthurs mantle or the sodans cloak

and i belive the asgard can destroy a gouald ship with one shot, most likey a oniel anyway, i think the only time the asgard couldnt destoy one was because anubis upgraded his tech from ancient knowledge
                    sigpic

Comment

i believe all the asgard technology is dervived from the Ancients. Tht maybe explains y we see the Asgard showing beam tech and hyperdrives which r faster because there is no point in showing it again. Plus the Ancients were explores and could live for a very long time. So tht might explain y they don't use faster hyperdrives.

Comment

we have only see the agard tech on the tau`ri ships to go agenst the wraiht
                        and we know that we have power problems to jus the tech to its max

we dont know how a oniell or a bestelix class wold do agenst a hive ship
                        probely a no game at all for the asgard.

and we also dont know wat is the power sors of the asgard

so for wapons and shild we have no base line to comper dem
                        we have only seen that asgard are supriorer to the gaùold and the ancient drons on mass can wipe out a gaòuld fleet.

but we know that all asgard ships have intersteller drive wat can raets incradebul speeds
                        not all ancient ships have intersteller drive and if they do you can comper dum wiht a 304 (see no man land)

and we know that hologram tech of the asgad are beter the ancents have no to way hologram tech (see the return)

and the asgart have beam tech, we have only see the ancient gave transport rings (jet), it can be that the asgart have prefectet the tech
                        sorry cant spell

Comment

well i think a asgard ship like a oniel or a beliskner can do alot of damage to a wraith hive ships like if you watch trinty from atlantis that weapon can inflict alot of damage when sheppard was flying away from the planet and would similar to a asgard weapon

plus the beliskner has tranporter ray beam on it similar to the wraith which most likey got it from the ancients.

the asgard ship just beam all the darts away and some of the hull of a hive and the whole ship would decompress
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post

Acutally in the epsiode 'Its Good to Be King'
                            Spoiler:
                            O'Neill flies the Puddle Jumper and 1 hit from the drone, destroyed the Haktak
                            So The Ancients are powerful.
                            sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
                              Acutally in the epsiode 'Its Good to Be King'
                              Spoiler:
                              O'Neill flies the Puddle Jumper and 1 hit from the drone, destroyed the Haktak
                              So The Ancients are powerful.
                              It was 2 drones and they said they must've hit critical systems, that's the only reason they destroyed a ha'tak in 2 shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X