X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review: 2 Month review of upgraded Hardware

Hey Guys/Gals!

Hope you're all having a fine and dandy 2007.

Just a quick survey/question from those who have time

Q: Please comment on the speed (of page loads, click responses), stability/reliability (some pages taking ages, others quick) and overall happyness with the performance of the forums over the last 2 months - and report/comment on their current state.

Please note, this has nothing to do with physical content, off-site hosted material (ads, images etc) - purely the text and html from the GW forums.

Cheers!

Greg
    Perfect
    22.06%
    I hardly ever have any problems
    48.53%
    I cant decide, or think the performance is just OK.
    7.35%
    I sometimes have issues.
    20.59%
    I always have issues. (Please explain!!)
    0.00%
    Oh Cactus. (???)
    1.47%

I havent found anything wrong with the forum for months, until about 8 hours ago when the QR button has conked up again, like it has a few times. Other than that, sods law problem, its been superb for the last 2 months. good job, Hope you never leave us.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Gateworld over the past 2 months has been fine but on several occations it took a while to access the forum. Also when I click on threads it takes a good minute or two to load. Replying is nice and quick, it's just the general uploading of threads

Hope this helps...and happy new year

Mike (ACharmedAsgard)
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

In general it's been fine - the only issues I have had of late are sometimes the page taking a bit of a while to load (usually this is when clicking Post Reply or Go Advanced) and over the past few days/week or so I keep getting pages (all sorts of pages, e.g. just reading threads or when posting replies) failing to load and getting a page unavailable message - yet when I click back and try again, it works ok!

Odd!

But overall, it's great and I think you're doing sterling work there!
        sigpic

Comment

I haven't had problems with the speed, stability/reliability of the forum, and the performance has been marvelous!

Comment

Oh there is one thing that has been happening, i automatically get subscribed to any thread i post in. I have like 60 threads im subscribed to and i was wondering if there was a way to turn it off?
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I've had zero, zilch, nada, bupkis, etc. problems.

Comment

Sometimes is takes quite a while to load pages. The ad at the top will load and I'll get 'Done' at the bottom. I've waited up to 5 minutes for that page to load and have to go back and re-load it. Other pages in other windows have loaded fine at the same time.
                And at times, I can't reach the forum at all.

BTW - the pages that won't load seem to be random. Sometimes they're image heavy pages and sometimes not.
                Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                sigpic

Comment

things have been great!

i was on gw all the time before i actually signed up and and i remember the upgrade a while back and ever since then things have been much faster

Comment

Not perfect, but a great improvement....you guys are doing a great job!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Sometimes pages are slow to load, slow to reply. Very random.
                      sigpic

Comment

Shortly after you did the upgrade the speed of the forum increased alot but slowly it has gone back down and now its about back to where it was before the upgrade.
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

oh wtf, I didn't see the candy option until I voted (which was barely any problems btw)

Comment

Sometimes when I click a link on the page it fails to fully load, and when it does it is slow. A great example was now when I tried to post I clicked on "post reply" and the page would not load fully. It took a minute of refreshing to be able to post this. I have very reliable HS internet and a good computer. The problem only occurs on this website for some reason. My posts can be gobbled up if I don't copy and paste them before I click "Submit Reply" and thats not great. I don't post here much because of it.

Comment

Sometimes pages don't load, instead displaying the server too busy error message. However, this is happening a lot less than it did before the upgrade.

Thank you very much for all your work on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X