This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obese 'should exercise not diet'

Women who are clinically obese don't need to diet to improve their health, say UK researchers
    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
    www.7-scales.co.uk
    http://twitter.com/7Scales

What's with all the links? Bored?
    I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

You need to eat health and exercise. If you are too over weight exercise can be difficult.

Crash diets can do more harm then good, but so could trying to doing too much too soon when it comes to exercise.

The title is misleading as the women in the study were also taught about good eating habits, which is what I’ve found weight watchers has taught me.

Comment

If you are overweight you should be doing 60 minutes of moderate-vigourous exercise 6 times a week. Normal weight should be doing 30 minutes of mod-vig exercise 6 times a week.

5 small meals is better than 3 main meals. White bread and wholemeal bread is bad. Wholegrain is the way to go. Drink water and not power drinks or soft drinks.

Eat a snack after exercise for sugar and salt. Don't pig out. Take away food max once a week.

Weight loss is usually noticed after 6 weeks of exercise. The first few kilos lost is usually water so expect your weight to even out for a while.
        I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

IF we took every blurb that is written in the papers, or seen on TV, we probably would all be hairless, about 400 pounds and playing video games to keep our minds active.

Sometimes, you have to take what you read with a large grain of salt, and then just use plain old fashioned common sense. If you over eat and don't exercise, unless you have a super metabolism, you will gain weight. However, if you continue to overeat, even exercising won't do much. One other thing, if you are over weight, please see a doc before starting ANY exercise program.

Science today is rapidly accelerating and almost every week, a new study finding is revealed.....and then, a few months later, another study refutes the first. That's just the way it is.....
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

To be fair, isn't this kind of obvious?

Comment

well, lthe title is deceptive as inside it says "But the women were encouraged not to diet and eat whatever they wanted in moderation."

Sorry, you can exercise all you want but if you're eating enough fat and calories in one day that's over a week's worth of calories, you'll never lose weight.

I think the best thing to do would be to paste this picture on a fridge...

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/1756

If that doesn't give you pause not to eat too much food, nothing will.

Comment

"Obese should exercise not diet." I thought that was implied...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Well, I drink regularly and I eat about 3-4000 calories a day and I'm a very fast very lean chap.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs View Post
                    Well, I drink regularly and I eat about 3-4000 calories a day and I'm a very fast very lean chap.
                    Like myself.

Many obese people don't listen to such advice, they diet without exercise regardless..
                    Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                    Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                    Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                    Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                    You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                    Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                    One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                    You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                    The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                    www.7-scales.co.uk
                    http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

I have the answer to all your health problems!

Fat Drop, a new and exciting little green pill, when used in a program of diet and exercise has been proven to produce dramatic health improvements!

however ..............

Water, an old staple, when used in a program of diet and exercise has been proven to produce the exact same, dramatic health improvements!

And I find that Water is cheaper ......

For the obese, I recommend mild exercise, a moderate decrease in calories, lots of water and lots of patience. It will NEVER sell! But it works every time it's tried!

Comment

There are no miracles cures for obesity. The bare fact of it is that if you consume more calories than you expend then you will gain weight. To lose weight you need to expend more calories than you consume (thereby forcing the body to make up the shortfall by using stored fat).

So basically you need to either reduce your calorie intake (eat less or, more accurately, eat more healthily) and/or increase your calories expenditure (exercise). Ideally, a combination of both - eating healthily is better for your HEALTH not just your waistline and, if you get into good eating habits, will help you to maintain a healthier weight once you reach it and exercise will again improve your health and will also help to tone you up as you lose weight, helping you to look and feel better.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X