Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got hooked on this show a few days ago, and have since seen the entire series (so far).

I'm not a fan of anime, but I love this show. Ok, it's actually made by Americans, but it's got all the styles of a Japan-made anime. For me, all of the intricate storytelling, the continuity, and the characters make this...dare I say it, even more enjoyable than most live-action shows I've seen around.

Also, even though it's a cartoon, I feel its audience are not necessarily kids. Apparently a lot of adults like it too, and I don't blame them. There are some very wise philosophy and spirituality associated with the series...as well as great humor.

So, anybody else watches it?

EDIT: In the US and want to watch most of the episodes, but don't want to do anything illegal? Never fear! Go here:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14522.0
    Last edited by PG15; 22 May 2009, 01:35 PM.

I haven't really seen that much, but my 5 year old brother watches it sometimes, so I have watched a little. It looks better than most cartoons that are on TV and from what I have seen it has an actual storyline unlike most Cartoons.

I have two sisters 18 and 15 that completely hate the show for some reason. They even try sometimes to prevent my little brother from watching it.
    sigpic

Comment

I Love this show, My Favorite Characters are Prince Zuko and His uncle. I Haven't Seen much of Season 2 yet, I really need to catch up.

Comment

Now that I've finished season 2 I want to know when S3 starts. Anyone know?

Comment

The Producers have apparently said that new episode will come "with the new year".

Given the broadcast history...any time in the next 3 months I would imagine.

And what about that season finale eh? That was a doozy.

Comment

I've read up on this and i have to say it sounds very promising. I'm looking forwards to watching this.
            sigpic

Comment

The first season (or "book" as they refer to it) is out on DVD right now.

I highly recommand it.

Comment

I love this show....... watch it every week.........

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

I watch it every week also. I'm not a big fan of anime, but I LOVE this show.
                  It's very addicting. My favorite character is Sokka. He reminds me of myself.
                  sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

I'm not a fan of anime, but I love this show. Ok, it's actually made by Americans, but it's got all the styles of a Japan-made anime.
                    its not based on japanese anime

it doesnt use the standard anime expressions and the art and animation style is distinctly chinese it also doesnt overuse freeze frames and stock footage like alot of anime does *cougthDBZcougth*

even the fighting styles are based off of real martial arts styles

oh and I realy hope the new voise Actor for Iroh is as good as the creators say he is because Irohs original voise actor played the part perfectly (for those who dont know Irohs voise actor died earlier this year)

Comment

Yep, RIP Mako.

Apparently the new guy not only studied under Mako, but also replaced him in another show/play (forgot which). I have confidence in the producers.

Comment

Awww, I hadn't heard that. I really like Uncle Iroh. I'll be interested to see what direction his character (and that of Zuko) takes next season. I figure one of 'em has to be the one to teach Aang firebending. Iroh would obviously be the better teacher, but Zuko could be an interesting choice,

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Awww, I hadn't heard that. I really like Uncle Iroh. I'll be interested to see what direction his character (and that of Zuko) takes next season. I figure one of 'em has to be the one to teach Aang firebending. Iroh would obviously be the better teacher, but Zuko could be an interesting choice,
                          yes it is very sad

the episode ''tales of ba sing sei'' (sp?) had part of the episode dedicated to Mako (the story of Iroh)

and I liked Iroh alot as well

he was the cliche cute asian tea girl except he wasnt cute or a girl and he could kick ass XD

Comment

He also apparently went to the spririt world. I love characters like him, cool, wise, and mysterious.

Comment

i caught a season 1 marathon and spent the wohle day watching it. I love the show. However I have only seen a few of season 2. Frankly i do not know when it airs so I havent been able to see it much lately

Comment

Working...
                              X