Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
    Not anymore!

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!

Anyway, at least i'm not alone in my thoughts.
    Hooray, maybe it'll be a bit more cheerful, NOT!!!

Comment

So two questions, maybe I missed the answers in the episode...

1) Torchwood built the facility? Why were they helping the Raknor?
      2) Uh...isn't the Thames still empty at the end of the episode?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Generally - really enjoyed it.
        I was actually really enjoying the reactio the Doctor had every time someone (*cough* Donna) mentioned Rose, or somethign happeend top remind him of her. I also really loved to see the darker side of him - he never had that before, just standing and watching someone in agony. I'm thinking about what he told to the school principal in School Reunion - but they never really showed it, not like in The Runaway Bride.

Donna was... annoying. Amusingly annoying, adn definitely entertaining - but I haev to admit I'm glad she's not the new companion. No idea who Catharine Tate is, so...

The spider. The Big Spider. The Big Spider fo Doom. Huh?! That was.... pure cheese.

I dind't think we'd run into Torchwood this early in season 3 I agree - this entire "oh, aliens have invaded Earth but no one noticed" shtick is gettign so old and impossible, they're really stretching it here. And Torchwood should have done something. C'mon! Jack should have done something! *jumps up adn down in frustration*

I have to say, I dind't think the TARDIS car chase was that well done.... it was too obvious they're workign with CGI. Meh.

But all in all, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next season!
        One thing about the preview in the end
        Spoiler:
        I don't know, for some reason the Doctor looking upwards caught my eye. He looks so miserable! Poor Doctor
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I loved the runaway bride, despite being very drunk. The CGI was better than before, the Raknor was one of the best baddies - although doctor who baddies have a habit of looking impressive, but just standing there and talking, and not interacting with anything (such as the Nestine consiousness, the firey looking Gelth, the Jagerfess, the Emperor Dalek, the wire, that scary drawing thing, and the Raknor)

Btw, the robot santas were scavanger robots, and some time between the Christmas invasion and the runaway bride they were taken over by the Raknor who now remote controls them. Also, torchwood one was destroyed because they activly faught the cybermen, so all of them were killed, not just the ones in canary wharf, whereas torchwood 2 and 3 were safe in Cardif and Glasgow, and remained hidden and safe as they had no means to fight.

Comment

Are the Raknor gone? Spiders normally reappear when they've been washed down the plughole, i'm told...

Madeleine

Comment

yeah i was wondering about that my self i guess they drowed spiders can't swim apently.

also this was a diffent type of spider right? for awhile i was thinking it was the one from plante of the sipders

Comment

Loved it... Better than The Christmas Invasion (which I enjoyed also), I thought... All in all it was a better written and more substantive story. And of course, more of the Doctor, which is always a bonus. This story reminds me of why I have embraced David Tennant in the role.
                Personally I didn't find Catherine Tate all that annoying in the scheme of things. I can't imagine a woman being happy about being carted away while she's walking down the aisle. I think she was a pretty balanced character all round.

I'm particularly happy about the deliberate attempt to give the Doctor more of a dark edge. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of that "edge" in the new season. David Tennant looks at home with the idea.

The references to Rose were a nice touch and DT handled it superbly. Very poignant.
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                  Are the Raknor gone? Spiders normally reappear when they've been washed down the plughole, i'm told...

Think about the size of the plughole, miles and miles deep it is! Then again, when compared relatively (size of sink vs spiders, vs earth vs raknor, im sure it's relatively the same)

Wouldn't mind if they surivived (they looked hella cool) but if the Doctor says "the last of the raknor" again, i swear im going to loose it

Comment

I'm getting tired of the "But that's impossible!" angle, myself. This is the Doctor. Impossible things happen to him all the time. He shouldn't always be so OMGIMPOSSIBLE!! all the time. Rise of the Cybermen, Impossible Planet, Army of Ghosts... I think he was all shocked in Girl in the Fireplace, too, wasn't he? And now Runaway Bride, too. ENOUGH WITH THE ANVILS! We get it! Amazing and impossible things! Yes, whatever. GET ON WITH THE STORY!

Comment

I quite enjoyed it. Light and fun, like a Christmas special should be. Though I did think the Empress of the Rachnoss was so far over the top she couldn't see the top anymore... and "This time it's Personell" is officially the most groan-worthy pun in a very long time.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

So aye, this year's Christmas Who was not bad. I didn't think it was quite as good as last year's Christmas special. I was surprised by Catherine Tate's performance. She wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought she would be.

I really liked the Spider Queen. The effects artists did a great job splicing puppetry with a real person. The infant Sun peeking out of the dust and gas in the nebula, and the Rachnoss ship gathering in the floating boulders to form the Earth was very cool indeed. The Tardis shooting off into the sky instead of de-materialising on the spot was unexpected however.

Originally posted by hydr0san View Post
                        Think about the size of the plughole, miles and miles deep it is! Then again, when compared relatively (size of sink vs spiders, vs earth vs raknor, im sure it's relatively the same)

Wouldn't mind if they surivived (they looked hella cool) but if the Doctor says "the last of the raknor" again, i swear im going to loose it
                        Y'know, I didn't get that joke, even after saying to my pal, "that looks like water draining down a giant plughole." And he said, "isn't that a bit daft draining the Thames down there? It'll extinguish the Earth's core." Then we came to the conclusion that the water would instantly vaporise when it hit the molten core. Which brings me to ask this: How on earth could the Rachnoss exist/survive in the molten iron core in the first place?

Still, I found it easier to take in than a plate of Brussel Sprouts. Or Torchwood. I don't know exactly what it is that bugs me about Torchwood. Sometimes it is just too painful to watch. I was glad of the light relief that Dr Who brings.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

While this episode was good, it wasnt as good as The Christmas Invasion. The bride, crap already forgot her name was annoying. I was reading some other posts, and it seems she was typecast. Is Catherine Tate really like that in other a lot of her roles?

The CGI was great. The whole Tardis chasing the taxi was brilliant. The creation of Earth was fantastic. The visual effects team is really good at creating a beautiful outer space and space clouds. Way better than anything I've seen in US productions.

I havent seen anything older than season 27, were these Raknor major bad guys in the old series?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue_knight View Post

I havent seen anything older than season 27, were these Raknor major bad guys in the old series?
                            First time they've been in the show.

Comment

Why does everyone here say "Raknor"? They were the Rachnoss.
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Wasn't Raknor a mate of Teal'c's

Comment

Working...
                                X