This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish List for SGA Season 4

I was wondering what I would like to see in Season 4 and this is my list off the top of my head. I'd love to see other posters' wishes for Season 4.

-Decide on canon ships and make it happen. No more of playing around with different ships and creating irritating frustration. These shipper games just annoy the heck out me. I hope they pick John/Elizabeth and Ronon/Teyla, but keep it all in the background and let the actors develop it to a certain extent. I don't want to see a repeat of what happened with Sam/Jack on SG-1. Sam was diminished, IMO, by some of those episodes and then the ship was just dropped. I want to see a beginning, a middle, and an end. I'm very concerned that season 4 will be the last season for SGA. Good canon ship every episode would make SGA appointment television for me.

-More of an ensemble show with every character contributing and being developed and not just Rodney and John.

-Don't sacrifice character continuity and development for the sake of the plot. If I don't care about the characters or they are so inconsistent that they become unreal, I really don't want to spend 60 minutes of my time with them. The plots can get too convouluted. Simplifying ploys would allow more focus on the characters,

-Develop Elizabeth and Teyla. Why is it always only Rodney and Sheppard who get to be the heroes? Give the women more personality and verve and for once, have them save the day with their intelligence, fighting and diplomacy skills. I want to give credit to both actresses who do the best they can with what they have, but sometimes, it's just too much of a boys show where the women are window dressing.

-Keep the Atlantis gang smart and competant. One of the reasons I disliked the second half of season 2 and the episode where they meet the Asurans was how dumb our heroes were. It was as if they had to be dumb and stupidly aggressive to make the plot happen. Let the villains succeed because of circumstances that the Atlantis team had no control over and/or that the villains are very clever and understand their foes. For example, SGA does the right and decent thing even if it gives some advantage to the villains. The Atlantis team has a debate weighing the ethical implications, so, their eyes are wide open before they make their decision.

Allow powerful technology to be kept.
    Ancients must not be killed off just to keep us the underdogs.
    Give develop to Teyla, Elizabeth, Caldwell and Beckett such as their pasts.
    Give us canon ships(relationships)
    Allow some sort of advanced space faring race to exist other than the Asurans, Wraith, Tau'ri.
    Starships must not be destroyed just for the sake of the plot.
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I like your wishes Flowerbud and I so agree with about the plot thing. I don't watch Atlantis for plot

1. I want Shep/Weir(sparky), yes I know ship is eww and blah, blah, but I love it and I want it.
      2. Teyla and Elizabeth friendship, doesn't have to be this huge thing just mentions of them having tea or sparring. Hey Teyla could teach Elizabeth self-defence.
      3. John backstory and development. I want to know who John Sheppard is.
      4. More Ronon because he is awesome.
      5. More development on Elizabeth, I want to see those skills at use.
      6. Basically more episodes like Echoes which incorporated the whole cast.
      7. No SG1 cast members taking screentime away from the regulars. I don't care about SG1, I care about Atlantis.
      Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 23 December 2006, 11:09 PM.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

- No more shipping and no pairing off. Why are people obsessed with characters pairing off on-screen? Every single board I go to, people are crying out for official pairings. What's so special about it? How will the shows be better if we see John running off with Elizabeth or whatever?

- No Kirking! For anyone!

- More "normal" women (give us middle aged women, give us less-than-attractive ones, give us less-than-big-busted ones).

- More men from the special gene pool. With all of the attractive women running around, you'd think the majority of the men would be attractive and muscular, but nooo.

- No more using sex or flirtation as a plot device. It's old.

- More character development of characters like Radek, Teyla and Ronon. And we need to see more of John's character and past.

Comment

Dear Santa, [lol]

I want Lizzie and Shep to make ooglie eyes at eachother and kiss on the balcony.
          Lets keep feeding Ronon more chicken and such, cuz well.. WE LOVE FAT BABIES. *wink* w/ Teyla ofcourse.
          Speaking of Teyla, lets give her some more LINES and possibly more scenes with Ronon...cuz well. EVERYONE loves that. Maybe have Teyla teach Lizzie to kick butt... possibily Johns. =]
          I want ROnon to go on a BIG PUPPY HUGGING SPREE and ...squeez Teyla extra tight.
          Lets keep SG1 members OUT of Lantis.
          Possibly blow stuff up.<--that's always fun.
          Make Meredith/Lemon canon.
          More Ronon/Rodney<--FatMan and Ronon are the best.
          Ppl were upset..soo lets keep RAPE out of Season 4.
          & last bUT not Least... make sure Carl Binder writes every single episode..

* SHippyness * muahaha

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

i want the asurans defeated then put more wraith into the show

Comment

My wish list:

- more character development in 2-3-4 episode plots
              - less Rodney and Sheppard episode
              - less stand alone episode
              - more two partners to tell bigger stories (more metaplot!)
              - Teyla and Ronon should be married
              - Ronon should be more civilized (cut his hair, have hobbies, new skills, less agressive etc.)
              - visit old SG-1 planets to create connection between the two galaxy (midway station!)
              - finish some long forgotten SG-1 storylines
              - the replicators should know about Fifth and the destruction of Halla
              - use "the game" machine again to discover Pegasus to find allies
              - the Ancients have to be enemy
              - at least 2-3 major SG-1 crossovers with 2-3 SG-1 star, or at least 4-5 crossovers with minor or recurring SG-1 characters
              - new or recycled races (for example: giant aliens, Nox, Oannes, Gadmeer, Lifoboat aliens)
              - arriving of the Ori scout ships or Priors, maybe some Baal episode
              - more discovery on the continent with Athosians (Teyla episodes!)
              - at least 4-5 episodes with Wraith, create them casts, names, skills
              - I would like to see Ford and the Iratus bugs again
              - more mythology (about oceans, nature)
              - speak about the events of Stargate : Worlds game in season 4 or in season 5
              Last edited by Platschu; 24 December 2006, 01:31 AM.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

good list as long as there is more wraith i would be happy with the rest

Comment

- More Teyla.
                  - Have them meet an Ancient who stays with them, and let it be a man, to avoid any Sheppard/hot Ancient woman situations. Or if it has to be a hot women let her be a lesbian.
                  - More Wraith. Like to know more about their technology and society.
                  - No kirking, if there has to be kirking let it be done by the women not Sheppard.
                  - Make the Genii real allies.
                  - More character development for all characters.
                  - More attractive men, to balance out all the attractive women.
                  sigpic

Comment

a DAM toilet to shown(a few months in atlantis you need a toilet,where do they do it....balcony???)

i agree with a teyla or ronan past story like teyla remebers some past about the wraith and her father yada yada yada

more searching around the city than exploring planets

more to come....
                    sigpic

Comment

Just to be good as season3 thats all i want ohi forgot

NOOOOO CARTER!

Comment

1. No SG-1 cast
                        2. More character development episodes (non-McKay ones! I love him but there is just too many episodes about him)
                        3. Make John/Elizabeth a canon
                        4. Elizabeth/Teyla friendship
                        Spoiler:
                        CARSON!

Comment

Many McKay episodes? There were two this year.

I´d be happy to see some main plot, not that they develop one character in one episode and forget in another.
                          If McKay/Sheppard episode then some more serious, intesive,
                          Interaction between different characters Teyla/Elizabeth, Teyla/Rodney, Ronon/Elizabeth and so.
                          One episode on ship, with Daedalus and with Daedalus team.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Yeah McKay only had 2 episodes (yet Teyla still hasn't had one, hopefully Submersion is) and they were both quite good but he's still getting too much screentime.

At least some of the writers have downplayed him but they still aren't using that time to work on 2 characters that have hardly been developed at all.

Anyway heres what I'd like to see:

- A Sheppard episode that deals very much with his past and feelings on it. Throw in his family in there if he has one.
                            - FORD!! At least wrap up his story, I hate loose ends. Those 2 Lucius episodes could've have been used for him!
                            -
                            Spoiler:
                            KOLYA!! Bring him back, don't care how. That last episode was pathetic.

- Stuff on Teyla's past, scenes with her and Elizabeth, more development in general.
                            - More Ronon and write him more interesting than he is in most episodes.
                            -
                            Spoiler:
                            Keep Carson around, don't ditch him like Ford or Jonas.

- No more rehashing SG-1 plots to the degree of Progeny. I don't give a damn if they come up with a plot idea from SG-1 but at least but put some kind of new spin on it.
                            - Don't ship the new doctor with anyone. In fact I'd prefer not seeing much of any ship.

Comment

- Less Rodney, more Teyla, Ronon, Elizabeth, Radek, John, Carson, Heightmeyer, Lorne, ...

- No canon relationships (slash or ship)

- No Lucius

- Wraith

- No Atlantis SG1

- An equal balance between exploring the city and visiting other planets

- Daedalus & Caldwell

- More episodes like Echoes

- Let Carl Binder do more writing cause he knows what he's doing.

Will add more when I can think of more.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X