Pegasus gates vs Milky Way gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus gates vs Milky Way gates

with a DHD which gate dial faster the pegasus gates or the milky way gates?
    Last edited by JDeus01; 24 December 2006, 02:27 PM. Reason: my english is not very good :-P
    Patito

Don't the DHD's typically dial as fast as you can hit the buttons?
    I know that on Earth with our makeshift DHD it takes a few seconds but we've seen episodes where they dial the DHD's as fast as we can type on our keyboards.
    The key to it all is that the gate actually has to lock the chevrons in place, so I guess the real question you want is do either of the Gate systems(Pegasus or Milky Way) actually spin faster than the other one.

My answer would be: I have no idea.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Well from what I've seen when comparing the different gates, The Milky Way gates are far older so should be slower. Another thing is, the milky Way gates have to spin to lock on to different shevrons whilst the Pegasus gates simply and electronically highlight the certain shevrons.

This shows me that the Pegasus gates are more likly the faster dialers
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
      President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
      Forum Charmer
      Forum Ambassador
      Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
      VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

i think the pegasus ones
        http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
          Well from what I've seen when comparing the different gates, The Milky Way gates are far older so should be slower. Another thing is, the milky Way gates have to spin to lock on to different shevrons whilst the Pegasus gates simply and electronically highlight the certain shevrons.

This shows me that the Pegasus gates are more likly the faster dialers
          The Ancients were in Pegasus before they came to Mily Way, so the Pegasus ones are older. But the Ancients lost nearly all technology when they came to "our" Galaxy, and had to rebuild and construct everything new.

And the Milky Way gates do not have to spin, this is just an alternative way of dialing when you have no DHD. Look when they dial on other gates with an DHD, nothing spins there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudeljaeger View Post
            The Ancients were in Pegasus before they came to Mily Way, so the Pegasus ones are older. But the Ancients lost nearly all technology when they came to "our" Galaxy, and had to rebuild and construct everything new.

And the Milky Way gates do not have to spin, this is just an alternative way of dialing when you have no DHD. Look when they dial on other gates with an DHD, nothing spins there.
            Boy, I sure wish I didn't miss these crucial episodes where they reveal such important information as this. Care to tell me EXACTLY what episode you heard this in?(LOL).
            www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Didn't they arrive in the Milky Way, then flee to Pegasus when the Plague came, then return to the Milky Way, once the Wraith attacked? Hence why there was the whole seen in Rising when Atlantis was taking off from Antarctica to leave for Pegasus? Leaving that Frozen Ancient behind, which we later uncover?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                Didn't they arrive in the Milky Way, then flee to Pegasus when the Plague came, then return to the Milky Way, once the Wraith attacked? Hence why there was the whole seen in Rising when Atlantis was taking off from Antarctica to leave for Pegasus? Leaving that Frozen Ancient behind, which we later uncover?
                Im not sure, but I think they were first in the Ori Galaxy and then Pegasus where they had to escape from the Wraith to Milky Way...

Comment

the ancients were originally in the ori galaxy, then came to the milky way, then fled to pegasus when the plague hit and them came back to milky way when they were defeated by the wraith!

Comment

well if you watch the rising, it takes fast to dial all the cheverons in meer seconds whereas the milky way gates takes longer for the inner ring to spin
                    sigpic

Comment

Here's the timeline:

Millenea ago: Ori galaxy
                      100-50 million years ago: Milky Way Galaxy
                      50 million years ago to 10000 years ago: Pegasus Galaxy
                      10000 years ago: Back to Milky Way and then died off

AGT58

Comment

Dear lord, you've clearly watched the episodes backwards.

Also, I would bet that the 'offworld' prop gate doesn't have the ability to spin like the set gate.

The the internal mechanics needed to do so, would make the thing even heavier and harder to move than my ex girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Fazed View Post
                          Dear lord, you've clearly watched the episodes backwards.

Also, I would bet that the 'offworld' prop gate doesn't have the ability to spin like the set gate.

The the internal mechanics needed to do so, would make the thing even heavier and harder to move than my ex girlfriend.

Omnipedia says: "The inner track is a safety feature. When the gate has absorbed enough energy this track will unlock, allowing a manual dial in case something dire has occurred to the D.H.D."

Comment

Milkyway offworld gates lock as soon as you press the button, pegasus gates lock after you've pressed the button and they've digitally spun, therefore milkyway gates are faster, it's only the SGC gate that is slow.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              Milkyway offworld gates lock as soon as you press the button, pegasus gates lock after you've pressed the button and they've digitally spun, therefore milkyway gates are faster, it's only the SGC gate that is slow.
                              Actually the Milky Way gates spin if you remember and then each Cheveron locks. The Milky Way gates have a spinning inside ring, The pegasus ones don't
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                              X