Clear All

A Pleasant Little Trip (308)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "A Pleasant Little Trip"

"A Pleasant Little Trip"
    Ep: 3.08
    Release Date: December 21st, 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

A very fatigued group of Horizon personnel take a relaxing jaunt through the old orifice to a vacation planet, but there appears to be more to this planet than relaxation and sandy beaches.
    Outstanding
    18.18%
    Good
    54.55%
    Fair
    18.18%
    Poor
    9.09%
    Terrible
    0.00%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Alright, folks! This is the earliest an episode has been released, ever. Consider it an early Christmas present.

"A Pleasant Little Trip" is now available. The podcast is done, and will also be up shortly.

http://www.stargatehorizon.com/syn.php?number=308
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 21 December 2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I do believe that this is the first episode in which Hoffman finally stopped being annoying and finally started being funny. If I had to list every beat of this episode that I enjoyed, I probably could drone on for a few sentances. Slightly lackluster last few moments, I think, would have ended better just on Chase's frustration while Hoffman figured out a title in the background. Ah, well. Very nice episode all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        Alright, folks! This is the earliest an episode has been released, ever. Consider it an early Christmas present.

"A Pleasant Little Trip" is now available on the temporary link, until it'll be added to the site later today. The podcast is done, and will also be up shortly.

http://uk.geocities.com/alex_stargat...ittle_trip.pdf
        Thank you Alex, and merry Chrstimas Alex, (dives under tree to find the latest in Horizon eps) Alright (Starts reading)

Comment

(Finishes Reading) Wow, truly outstanding ep, one of the best in Horizon history actually. I always knew that Ben would make a half descent Bond. And I expected Blofeld, oops blefold to have a cat and the organization would be SPECTRE. Also it was a laughing riot, throughout the entire episode. Which reminds me I was listening to my own James Bond Music during the entire episode.
          Nice Job writing the episode, and Zach is always going to be annoying. And I do have a feeling that we are going to be seeing a lot more of Arina in the future, and her developing realtaionship with Chase. Which I look forward to that, I am starting to warm up to her character, even though I'm half surprised that Chase doesen't dump her after this. She has lied to him, and nearly gotten him in some deep Kimchie, over and over again.
          Before I go, I loved the Vorian Techs reaction to Arina, I was chuckling for about five minuetes after that.
          Oh, Alex, just noticed the thread says 208, and not three oh eight.

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you two have enjoyed the episode. It definitely was a lot of fun writing it.

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
            And I do have a feeling that we are going to be seeing a lot more of Arina in the future, and her developing realtaionship with Chase.
            As a matter of fact, it's very much possible that Arina will be somehow involved when it comes to Chase's inner voice.

Let's see who can figure that one out.

Which I look forward to that, I am starting to warm up to her character, even though I'm half surprised that Chase doesen't dump her after this. She has lied to him, and nearly gotten him in some deep Kimchie, over and over again.
            She didn't lie to him in this episode. It was much rather a case of her just not being able to tell him. You can compare it to someone having security clearance for the Stargate Program (in the time where it's not public, of course), and someone knows about it, but they can't tell anyone about it. So Arina couldn't and just didn't see a reason to tell Chase about what's going on behind the scenes of Timalia, because naturally she wasn't expecting them to get caught up in the middle of it.

The only time she's really lied to him was in "Other Cultures...", but even that was for a greater cause regarding her people. And, of course, they didn't know each other that well at the time. So she saw a chance, and took it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
              Thanks. I'm glad you two have enjoyed the episode. It definitely was a lot of fun writing it.

As a matter of fact, it's very much possible that Arina will be somehow involved when it comes to Chase's inner voice.

Let's see who can figure that one out.

She didn't lie to him in this episode. It was much rather a case of her just not being able to tell him. You can compare it to someone having security clearance for the Stargate Program (in the time where it's not public, of course), and someone knows about it, but they can't tell anyone about it. So Arina couldn't and just didn't see a reason to tell Chase about what's going on behind the scenes of Timalia, because naturally she wasn't expecting them to get caught up in the middle of it.

The only time she's really lied to him was in "Other Cultures...", but even that was for a greater cause regarding her people. And, of course, they didn't know each other that well at the time. So she saw a chance, and took it.
              I can see the lying bit, technically she did not lie to him in the least, but did she have prior knowlege of the mission those people were running? If so then if she had a slight moral voice she would have called the vacation off, IMO, I mean I wouldn't take someone I love into a potentially dangerous situation. Also I rather like their cover, a pleasure planet where everyone goes to relax, and when dealing with the super cliche bad guys in James Bond, also the perfect place to have these enemies met and find out all about them.
              Also, about the whole inner voice, I imagine a "Duet" type scenario, she wil get stuck in his body. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Comment

"Inner voice?" My personal guess would have been some sort of Grace episode for Chase that sees her as one of his mental foils, but I don't think it's likely considering that you've already done a Grace episode.

Comment

I'm not really sure about this episode - the different parts were fairly good, but I don't think it quite worked.
                  There were some funny moments, and the story was... unique for one thing - good, if a little over the top. C'mon, Blefold!?

I don't know... I think there's just a few minor things that are bugging me a lot more than they should. There's something about it that I didn't like.

Comment

Damnit! I wanted to see a kiss! Anyway, twas a cool episode. Definately different and that James Bond approach gave it it's own flair. Not as funny as Different Cultures or Fantastic 3 IMHO but it had it's moments.
                    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 14 April 2007, 03:24 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Hmm. Not really sure what to think with this one. On the one hand, it's one of the few "funny" eps of stargate I actually liked - a bond style episode makes a nice change. On the other hand, you named the bad guy Blefold, and gave him an eyepatch. That's kinda going over the top, don't you think? I just hope he doesn't pull a Lucius and come back.
                      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

It's the funniest episode ever. the gods of pleasure is kind of funny when they mention it.
                        sigpic
                        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I think I'm starting to like a bit Zack Hoffman (two Fs, one N), the episode was different, and I liked the settings but somehow disliked the way we were introduced in the bondesque plot. It felt like some characters (that knew the problem) weren't willing to give the info to the reader/audience rather than to not giving it to Chase et al.
                          I understood the James Bond, pure evil-villain association, but the eye-patch was too much, it was like aiming for Goldfinger's "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die!" but degrading it to end with Dr.Evil's "No Mr Powers, I expect you to die!", similar but not quite the same.
                          I had some mixed feelings about Arina, I found the relation with Chase a bit synthetic and forced (And at times like Vala/Daniel), but it was in a way that can be expected on a James Bond's temptress. I would have prefered a more fluent relation considering the fact that Arina will be on more eps and (I hope) no more Bond/Blefold eps will be coming.

Btw, I second the "ending two pages earlier" comment.

Comment

Well this was a pretty good episode, for once I spotted no grammar and spelling episode, one of the best horizon as produce but it could of been better, where was car chase, I mean it would of been great have space fight is jame bond style space ships. Where was gadgets needed more gadgets. And more exciting, thrilling ending was needed.

But I did like the way you dealt with chase abd arian, although a bit more of fanboyance ending would of been better.
                            I all like the ending, which was quite funny.

Overall good excellence, it needed a bit more to the episode and I think you should of gone compleltly james bond style. Also I think perhaps you of have zack hoffman cameraman stayed on the planet and train as agent which would of then enable to quite persue this as little side plot/enemy.

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                              Something just did not feel right with this episode. Some of the scenes in this episode seemed forced.?* It could also be that I hate Hoffman with a vegeance. Or I could be that the Horizon universe has a few too many enemies. The point is that I didn’t really care for this episode. I am tired of seeing Arina double cross Chase.?* I will stop now because I just could not see anything positive to say about this episode. I’m sorry Alex . On the plus side, every season has a bad episode of two. Hopefully, this Horizon’s bad episode for S3.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X