This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumpers back to normal in The Game

I The Return Part II, when the PJ bursted out of the window, its Engines poped out, and very strangley were far larger then on any PJ before, and they deployed very differently.
    Throughout the episode the pods were larger.

In the Game the Pods are identical to before the Return Part II.

We can assume several things:
    1) The PJ in Return Part II was simply an error and the CGI guys screwed up.
    2) The PJ in Return Part II was a different model of jumper, possibly the one from the Asurans, or even one with Larger engines and a smaller Drone payload, if it has a Drone payload.

Debate, Discuss.

Another Point:

The Kingdom of Gildar!!! That is from the Princess Bride. O_o
    They SOO did that on purpose.

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
    The Kingdom of Gildar!!! That is from the Princess Bride. O_o
    They SOO did that on purpose.
    When they made Failsafe, that was Armageddon(the Movie).
    Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

I think there are different models of puddlejumper...maybe some for cargo transfers, others for planetary surveys, others for experiments in space.

Maybe the one with the fancier drive pods from The Return pt 2 is a newer model lol!
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

O'Neill took the "newer version" one home.

Comment

Wasn't that the PJ build with the time-travel device in it? Perhaps they removed the time travel device because it was to dangerous?

Comment

Theres already a thread for this.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

the one in the return was the one they found in the milky way i though? so it could well have been different!

Comment

It wasn't the time traveling jumper, other than the fact that it have the time machine in it [that could be removed in theory], it had Atlantis stickers in it and the one that was on Earth definately did not have Atlantis stickers in it. It was probably the one from Asuras.

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by happyclappy View Post
                  the one in the return was the one they found in the milky way i though? so it could well have been different!
                  wassn't that the PJ shep brought back at the start of the ep

Comment

From the 2 seperate models that we have seen (1 has bigger drive pods & a different internal control layout that the other), it's possible this may be the one they stole in 'Progeny' from the Asuran cityship. Alternatively, they could be newer models that were got in 'The Tower'.

Comment

well, if the puddle jumper is from the asurans or 'the tower' its most likly
                      Spoiler:
                      to be destroyed as teyla mentioned
                      sigpic

Comment

Its just different. Just like there are different types of cars, there could have been different types of puddle jumpers.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                          Its just different. Just like there are different types of cars, there could have been different types of puddle jumpers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Or it could be an older model from the underwater jumper bay that they beamed up into the control spire jumper bay.

Comment

Frankly im surprised this surprises anyone, we have aquried jumpers from lots of different sources, from Asuris, from the tower, from atlantis, from the MW, from the underwater bay, possible from Aurora or Orion..im sure they had different models of jumpers, shuttle craft that were made to go explored would be standard. but something like underwater jumpers might reuqire bigger thrusters, or be combat versions from other ships. I dont see any issue personally, in fact its great because it means we know the ancients had different styles of ship, we might eventually find a fighter.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X