X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IGN Michael Shanks interview

Here is what he says about the movies :

About the movies :
    Movie 1 : We know the first shoot date of the first movie is April 15th and the
    second is around June 1st. As much as I know about the story, the first
    one Rob is writing and directing has to do with wrapping up the Ori
    storyline, which is the storyline that has taken prominence for the
    last two years of the show. I don't know if he is going to wrap it up
    completely or bring it to some conclusion for the sake of the fans and
    the franchise, to bring that epic struggle to a close…I don't know how
    he is going to do it in two hours but it will be pretty interesting to
    watch.

Movie 2 : will involve some kind of time travel and has something to do with our
    main mustache twiddling villain Baal doing something in the past that
    alters…he basically finds a way to lift the stargate from Earth so the
    Stargate Program never happens, and I imagine the characters will have
    to go through some process to reset the clock and fix everything over
    the course of two hours. Quite frankly that is as much as I know

Link
    ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Movie 2 sounds like a retread of Moebius, and we know that Moebius went down like a lead balloon...
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Movie 2 sounds like a retread of Moebius, and we know that Moebius went down like a lead balloon...
      it does actually just sound like a rehash of moebius, how disappointing .

Comment

Dissapointing to me too guys. But he does say he heard about it in September, so thing could have changed.

Comment

I never liked time travel stories, especially those produced by TPTB. They just lacked interest. Instead, I really want them to settle the aschen storyline. That is the real story that needs to be concluded. You can't just ignore a threat like that.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

it is nice to know that baal well be in at least one of the moives

Comment

Yep-mobius returns. Now they will correct thier lousy writing mistake by making it so Jack O'Neill never was part of the Stargate universe and Mitchell was there from day one. (i hope not--but I would not be surprised)

Oh, 2nd DVD will launch the third series--okay! The third series will be Stargate Command with Mitchell being Jack. Oh, yippie*rolls eyes*
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                Yep-mobius returns. Now they will correct thier lousy writing mistake by making it so Jack O'Neill never was part of the Stargate universe and Mitchell was there from day one. (i hope not--but I would not be surprised)

Oh, 2nd DVD will launch the third series--okay! The third series will be Stargate Command with Mitchell being Jack. Oh, yippie*rolls eyes*
                No one said anything about that. Nothing even hinted to that. The third series probably won't have any of the current cast( I hope it doesn't). It will probably be alot like Moebius. No swapping of characters in the Stargate past. Besides, mitchell wouldn't have been in the position to lead SG-1 then. He probably wasn't even a Lieutenant Colonel then. So the command would have gone to a Colonel, not Mitchell, who at most would have been a Major.
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  Yep, retread of Moebius. Too bad. What a shame! It would have been better if they had just decided to spread out the first movie into two movies.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    I never liked time travel stories, especially those produced by TPTB. They just lacked interest. Instead, I really want them to settle the aschen storyline. That is the real story that needs to be concluded. You can't just ignore a threat like that.
                    TPTB said they had an idea for the Aschen but they couldn't find a way to make it work.
                    Besides, what makes you think the Ori haven't already killed the Aschen?
                    Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                    Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                    -Audioslave

Comment

Oh hell no, the Aschen were the boring villians I've ever had the displeasure to endure. IMHO, of course.

We don't know that much about this storyline; sure it's similar to Moebius, but a lot of time travel stories are about going back in time and fixing stuff; we'll just have to see how it turns out at the end.

Comment

I agree I want to see something about the Aschen

Comment

No one said anything about that. Nothing even hinted to that. The third series probably won't have any of the current cast( I hope it doesn't). It will probably be alot like Moebius. No swapping of characters in the Stargate past. Besides, mitchell wouldn't have been in the position to lead SG-1 then. He probably wasn't even a Lieutenant Colonel then. So the command would have gone to a Colonel, not Mitchell, who at most would have been a Major.
                          that was sarcasm...I didn't quote anything.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

You never realize how low of a blow scifi's cancelation was until you read this:

Shanks: Again, piss poor timing on the part of SCI FI Channel for doing that just when we are celebrating with the fans this milestone episode, this buzz kill they had to announce to the crew as well; they didn't find out until the actual "200" episode party; everyone was dressed to the nines and the head of MGM comes on stage and goes, "So…we are done." Oh, there is a buzz kill. Pass the liquor. (laughs)

the rest of the story is here http://tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p1.html
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

B**tards.

Comment

Working...
                              X