This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargates future and stargates past your best things about it

this is just what ypu like and dnt lyk bowt stargate and what ypu could change anything you want rli its all on you guys
    daedalus 15

and in case someone can't read the above

This is just what you like and don't like about stargate and what you could change anything you want really it's all up to you

if i could go back and change things i would have set it up that season 8 would had been the end Daniel goes to Atlantis. Sam goes to area 51
    teal'c leads the jaffa nation and jack stays with home world security.
    and everyone lives happily ever after.

looking back season 9/10 really did drag the show down a lot and i truly do feel that the first 8 seasons should have been the end.

Comment

id hav 2 dissagree bcoz starg8 hasnt rli gotten boring 4 me its stil the epic sci fi tht u st cannot miss i personally wouldnt hav it any uva way cept mayb atlantis cn stop running outt zpms
      daedalus 15

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds View Post
        looking back season 9/10 really did drag the show down a lot and i truly do feel that the first 8 seasons should have been the end.
        For me it wasnt a drag,I liked it
        sigpic

Comment

whoz ur fav character and ur fav episode
          daedalus 15

Comment

Originally posted by dedalus15 View Post
            id hav 2 dissagree bcoz starg8 hasnt rli gotten boring 4 me its stil the epic sci fi tht u st cannot miss i personally wouldnt hav it any uva way cept mayb atlantis cn stop running outt zpms
            Just an FYI - here on Gateworld people use real English, not some form of Text Speech. If you want to be understood and actually replied to as a poster, please do yourself a favor and take the time to write out your replies.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dedalus15 View Post
              What?

Comment

ok then my favourite character is vala and my best episode is camelot is that any better?
                daedalus 15

Comment

Tremendously. Personally, I think that TPTB lost their collective way after season 8. There are many things about Vala that I like, and would like even more in moderation. Her sense of fun and her risk-taking. However, the Boys@Bridge have taken these over the top, as well as the relationship with Daniel, and have turned her into a caricature instead of the strong character she *could* have been.
                  sigpic

Comment

if i could go back and change things i would have set it up that season 8 would had been the end Daniel goes to Atlantis. Sam goes to area 51
                    teal'c leads the jaffa nation and jack stays with home world security.
                    and everyone lives happily ever after.

Tremendously. Personally, I think that TPTB lost their collective way after season 8. There are many things about Vala that I like, and would like even more in moderation. Her sense of fun and her risk-taking. However, the Boys@Bridge have taken these over the top, as well as the relationship with Daniel, and have turned her into a caricature instead of the strong character she *could* have been.
                    Completely agree with both those posts. Seasons 9 and 10 were the worst seasons for SG1, they really should have just left it with season 8 and perhaps then persued the movies.

As for Vala shes an 'ok' character, there to give you a laugh or two and has a nice on-screen dynamic with Daniel, but only if it stays with the teasing. If TPTB advance their relationship, both characters will get very boring and it'll pull the show down further if thats possible, lol. Although I have to admit season 10 was far better than season 9 but still no-where near as good as seasons 1-8.

ok then my favourite character is vala and my best episode is camelot is that any better?
                    As for my favourite character at the moment it has to be Sam, she's stayed true to her character as it was earlier and hasn't had a personality transplant like Daniel. Although I would have to say Teal'c is a very close second, as he has probably grown the most since the show started. When Jack was in the show though it used be him and Sam tie, I could never choose as both characters contrasted each other so well. I hope they get him back for the movies.
                    Last edited by Nikki; 23 December 2006, 12:10 PM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Suprisingly i've really enjoyed S9 (by the way i haven't seen S10)...when i first heard that RDA was leaving and BB was the new leader of SG1 i was sceptical and disappointed..and i thought that Vala was an 'ok' character..i would have preferred that she had the occasional guest spot..but...she does bring humour back into the show after jack left and i have grown to like her more as a character...
                      I do miss the earlier seasons (the good ol days) with Jack, Hammond, Fraiser and the 'exploring of the galaxy'..but a show has to change and evolve or otherwise it gets boring....
                      though i would have been be quite content with the current cast for another couple of seasons..
                      personally S4 was one of my favourite seasons..actually all of them are my favourite's, my favourite episode changes from time to time...Forever in a Day...Point of View..Window of Oppotunity..2010..they are only a couple that i would class as my favourite episode As for my favourite character..well i'm undecided in that matter too...umm it would be a tie between Jack, Sam and Daniel..i truthfully can't pick who i like better!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

i really enjoyed season 9 to although season 10 is beggining to look just as or better i really cant waint for part 2 of atlantis and sg1 they both look just fantastic
                        daedalus 15

Comment

If I could change anything it would be to give command of SG-1 to Carter after O'Niell gets promoted. I mean how does Cameron get seen as the commanding officer of SG-1 when he has no offworld experience compared to Carters 7 years? And also Cameron is the same rank as Carter but always seems to be the one giving the orders!

But my fave character has to be O'Niell when he commands SG-1. His sarcasm, humour and witty remarks gave the show a real down-to-Earth feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                            But my fave character has to be O'Niell when he commands SG-1. His sarcasm, humour and witty remarks gave the show a real down-to-Earth feel.

I total agree with this, he was, and still is the best stargate character to date even though he isn't involved that much anymore.
                            Richard Dean Anderson has the same birthday as me 23rd of January

sigpic

Comment

I think that it was all very good, and I wouldn't change anything. My favorite episode is Rising.
                              ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Comment

Working...
                              X