Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Thank you. Yes, being in the hospital was challenging (to say the least). Recovering is slow, but there is improvement. Speaking of typing, the old hunt and peck method still works
    Glad to hear of improvement! *huggles*
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hedwig))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))

*makes an epic pina colada cake (cake I made with just a can of crushed pineapple and baked according to package directions (though added 10 minutes, then with holes poked in the cake dumped a container of fresh pineapple chunks over it, liquid and all, then over that poured a sauce made from spiced rum, coconut milk caramels, and light coconut milk, then sprinkled shredded coconut, then topped with coconut milk whipped topping and then sprinkled more shredded coconut on it)*
      **hic**

...feeling boozy

LOL

Thank you. Yes, being in the hospital was challenging (to say the least). Recovering is slow, but there is improvement. Speaking of typing, the old hunt and peck method still works
      (GIANT squishy cuddle huggles)
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

**I'll leave this right here...
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Oooh, nice cake

Any news on how hedwig is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            Oooh, nice cake

Any news on how hedwig is doing?
            I just found this, so thought I would answer.

I keep improving. Not as much pain as there was for quite awhile, but still a lot of discomfort. I go to physical therapy once a week, and I like it, and it does seem to help.

I'm not sure yet whether I will be able to drive again. With pins in my neck, it is hard to turn my head enough to see to the sides, and the rear view mirror isn't often enough to see what's going on. But ... never say never. I asked SaraBahama if she thought that metal pins in my neck made me a new human-replicator hybird. She laughed and laughed ...

I'm just happy to be able to still do the things I've been doing, even though there are others I can't do.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Comment

I keep improving. Not as much pain as there was for quite awhile, but still a lot of discomfort. I go to physical therapy once a week, and I like it, and it does seem to help.

I'm not sure yet whether I will be able to drive again. With pins in my neck, it is hard to turn my head enough to see to the sides, and the rear view mirror isn't often enough to see what's going on. But ... never say never. I asked SaraBahama if she thought that metal pins in my neck made me a new human-replicator hybird. She laughed and laughed ...

I'm just happy to be able to still do the things I've been doing, even though there are others I can't do.

Glad to hear you're mending and in good spirits, you human-form replicator, you!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Hi Hedwig - if you're checking in here from time to time - how are you doing now?

Comment

Hi Hedwig - if you're checking in here from time to time - how are you doing now?
                  so am I...I know what it feels like to have failing health...I was flirting with diabetes and probably heart disease too before I finally changed my diet by cutting back on my added sugars and deep fried fats and combined with the exercise I gt in my job at Whole Foods I've lost at least 30 - 40 lbs and my A1C's (glycated hemoglobin, used to determine how close to diabetic you're becoming) are back down to normal levels

Comment

Thank you for asking. I'm doing fairly well. I can now do more things than I could do right after my injury, though I seem to be experiencing a lot of pain from various sources. I was diagnosed with MS a few years ago, but another doctor near where I now live doesn't agree, and thinks it is something else. The injury derailed the search for the something else, but I'm going to make an appt. with her to see if we can figure out what the "something else" is. I don't need my cane or walker anymore, but I walk with a limp. I am also driving again; just not long distances. So, I'm actually doing pretty good considering.

I got a new computer recently and couldn't get in to Gateworld for awhile. Very frustrating, because it is one of the places I like to visit to see what's going on. I asked Skydiver about this and she made a couple of suggestions that allowed me to get back on the site, so now I can check in frequently.

On Facebook, I found out that Pol recently had a hospital stay for nearly 10 days. I never did find out exactly what the problem was, but she is now back home and apparently doing well. She lives in Washington state not far from where I live. I would like to meet her in person some day and maybe get a chance to have a chat.

How are you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      so am I...I know what it feels like to have failing health...I was flirting with diabetes and probably heart disease too before I finally changed my diet by cutting back on my added sugars and deep fried fats and combined with the exercise I gt in my job at Whole Foods I've lost at least 30 - 40 lbs and my A1C's (glycated hemoglobin, used to determine how close to diabetic you're becoming) are back down to normal levels
                      So happy to hear you are doing better. Yes, failing health (for any reason) is no fun. Great news about the lost weight and the lower A1C. I have been close to being diagnosed with diabetes, fortunately have not been. Keep up the good work and stay healthy.

Comment

Oh my God Hedwig, sad to hear about your fall but glad you are getting better! It's been so long since I've been here, I almost forgot about this place. Glad to see there is plenty of cake and jello still being passed around ????????

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                          Oh my God Hedwig, sad to hear about your fall but glad you are getting better! It's been so long since I've been here, I almost forgot about this place. Glad to see there is plenty of cake and jello still being passed around ????????
                          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X