This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG/SciFi scheduling questions

When BSG comes back in January switching to airing on Sunday nights...are they going to be starting out with airing all new episodes from that very first
    Sunday night?...or are they going to be starting out by re-airing the first
    part/half of Season Three again?

Will that very first Sunday night airing be episode # 311?
    ...and then will they continue to run straight through on Sunday nights
    all the way to the end of Season Three?

ALSO.....with the new Sunday night timeslot....how will SciFi be handling the
    second weekly airing? Like now they have the Friday night airings along with
    a repeat of the same episode on the next following Monday night on Sci Fi.
    Will SciFi still be airing repeat BSG eps on Monday nights the same as they do now?
    How might all of this be handled if the first Sunday night airings aren't new shows and are repeats of the first half of Season Three?

ALSO....will there be two airings on Sunday nights?...like there are now two airings now on Friday nights?

I understand that all schedules are subject to change on the fly week to week etc...but are there any basic set in stone timeslots and schedules
    that have been put out by SciFi or the producers?

* * BTW......I am kind of new to these boards...can someone please just
    quickly tell me what the term "TPTB" means.
    ...something about the "The Producers..."??....TIA.

3x11 will be aired on the first sunday and the rest will follow on sundays also
    tptb = the powers that be

Comment

Originally posted by OfF3nSiV3 View Post
      3x11 will be aired on the first sunday and the rest will follow on sundays also
      tptb = the powers that be
      Thank you very much for sharing the information about the new ep(#311)
      airing in that very first new Sunday timeslot.

...and thank you also for filling me in on the "TPTB" meaning....but in the case of BSG...what does that "the powers that be" actually mean?...the producers?..the writers?..the TV executives etc?...everyone involved in a position of power with/over the production etc?

ALSO.....do you have any information on same night repeat schedules?....or on later in the week repeat schedules?

I would assume that SciFi will be doing some sort of same night repeat...and that they will also most probably be keeping their Monday night repeat timeslot...although it will be kind of different with the back to back nights
      instead of having the three day break that they kind of have now.
      I'm pretty sure that they want that Monday night spot...but with the
      move to Sunday nights..they might make a move towards limiting
      airings to try and boost audience size on Sunday nights.
      Who knows what their plan is?.....they've become like the cylons of scheduling.

"SciFi...they have a plan."

Comment

Originally posted by Winst View Post
        Thank you very much for sharing the information about the new ep(#311)
        airing in that very first new Sunday timeslot.

...and thank you also for filling me in on the "TPTB" meaning....but in the case of BSG...what does that "the powers that be" actually mean?...the producers?..the writers?..the TV executives etc?...everyone involved in a position of power with/over the production etc?

ALSO.....do you have any information on same night repeat schedules?....or on later in the week repeat schedules?

I would assume that SciFi will be doing some sort of same night repeat...and that they will also most probably be keeping their Monday night repeat timeslot...although it will be kind of different with the back to back nights
        instead of having the three day break that they kind of have now.
        I'm pretty sure that they want that Monday night spot...but with the
        move to Sunday nights..they might make a move towards limiting
        airings to try and boost audience size on Sunday nights.
        Who knows what their plan is?.....they've become like the cylons of scheduling.

"SciFi...they have a plan."
        Who exactly TPTB is depends on the context.

When we talk about moving the show to Sunday nights, TPTB may refer to Bonnie Hammer and company at SciFi, or maybe even someone at NBC Universal.

if we talk about killing off a character, TPTB could refer to Ronald D. Moore and David Eick.

If you're talking about my actual death or something, TPTB could refer to God, or the crazy reader who murdered me in my sleep.
        Michael Hinman
        Airlock Alpha
        @airlockalpha

Comment

The next new episode will officially be #312

Comment

Originally posted by hbk314 View Post
            The next new episode will officially be #312
            How are you figuring that it's #312?

Am I missing something in a combo episode or a two parter situation?

THE EYE OF JUPITER 310

RAPTURE 311

===============================
            SOURCE:
            http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/s3/index.shtml
            THE EYE OF JUPITER 310 12.15.06

The Temple of Five is discovered on the algae planet, leading to a standoff between the Cylons and the Colonials over the Eye of Jupiter. Also: the Cylons bring news about Sharon's baby. (TV Guide)

RAPTURE 311

Comment

Some BSG scheduling questions answered.

Sunday 1/21/07..."Rapture"...10 pm ET and repeated at 12am ET(1/22/07).

Monday 1/22/07..."Rapture"...11pm ET.

(The same type of time and day scheds hold up for the following
              week as well.)

SOURCE:
              http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/ind...-2007&feed_req

Comment

Originally posted by Winst View Post
                How are you figuring that it's #312?

Am I missing something in a combo episode or a two parter situation?

THE EYE OF JUPITER 310

RAPTURE 311

SOURCE:
                http://www.gateworld.net/galactica/s3/index.shtml
                THE EYE OF JUPITER 310 12.15.06

The Temple of Five is discovered on the algae planet, leading to a standoff between the Cylons and the Colonials over the Eye of Jupiter. Also: the Cylons bring news about Sharon's baby. (TV Guide)

RAPTURE 311
                Some people consider each hour of the 2 hour season premiere to be separate episodes, and other consider the premiere to be one episode.

Comment

I still think the Sunday night move could backfire on Sci-Fi. I hope I'm wrong though. I really do.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I still think the Sunday night move could backfire on Sci-Fi. I hope I'm wrong though. I really do.
                    It's kind of interesting to make note that NBC/Uni is making this BSG move to Sunday nights..AFTER NBC network is done with airing NFL football on Sunday nights..and now the NBC network will be rolling out new shows on Sunday night to fill in the slot left by no more Sunday night football.
                    There might be more going on here with the timing of all of these January based moves.

They could be aiming for all kinds of demo shifts....NBC needs some help bigtime all around.

It seems odd to me that NBC makes shifts with their SciFi property that would seem to conflict in odd ways with their new network moves.

Could they be trying to capture some of that lost NFL demo with airing BSG on Sunday nights on SciFi....or maybe somehow even that long talked about
                    shift of airing BSG eps on the NBC network itself?
                    In my mind....if they ever really wanted to do something like that...they could do it at anytime..in the future etc...BSG season four?....but the shift of no more football on NBC sunday nights...connected to the move of BSG to sunday nights at the exact same time frame....that all seems kind of oddly timed and perhaps somehow connected in my mind.
                    It is all the same company afterall....so they must consider all of this within
                    their various programming ranks.

...or the timing could just be nothing.......just an odd coincidence within the TV business....it happens..January is a time to make moves to better positions for the big February pushes etc.

We'll see....I just wanted to toss this interesting idea about the related timings out into the mix.

......timing is sometimes everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
                      Some people consider each hour of the 2 hour season premiere to be separate episodes, and other consider the premiere to be one episode.
                      Because officially it was two separate episodes.

Comment

Working...
                      X