Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked for me this time.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Answer: No, this is something we do every year. It’s tradition. Just like our ritual pre-season walk up Cypress mountain where we sacrifice an extra to the gods of good fortune and high ratings.
      LMAO! Joe really cracks me up.

Comment

D'oh, I still can't post a question. If any kind soul out there would be willing to post these questions for me, I would really appreciate it. Hopefully you'll be as interested in the answers as I am.

1- Joe, any plans for Brad Wright to script an episode of Atlantis during season 4? Also, are there any plans for Ken Cuperus to write a season 4 episode, perhaps a follow up to "Common Ground" that he has previously mentioned? Thanks.

2- Joe, looking back over the last year, are you happy with how the final year of SG-1 turned out? Had you had the luxury of knowing Season 10 was going to be the last season when you started out, would you like to have seen the season play out any differently? Similarly, were you happy with Season 3 of Atlantis?
        'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes here.

February, 16th

Arctic Goddess writes: "Do you suppose Ba'al could make a guest appearance on Atlantis some time in Season 4, or 5?"

Answer: He'd be much more likely to make an appearance in one of the SG-1 movies.

Anonymous #1 writes: "By the way what does the magic eight ball say about Ford making an appearance in Season Four?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Anonymous #2: " Is there anyway you can have Teyla and Dr.Kellar (together) in a situation where they both end up having to save the day while in their underwear."

Answer: What an amazing coincidence! Carl Binder is working on just such a story.

Anonymous #3 writes: "Hi Joe just wanted to ask if there was any plans on Andee Frizzell returning in season 4?"

Magic 8 Ball says: Cannot predict now.

Anonymous #3 writes: "There's no character defining moments anymore, moments that really led to the audience understanding Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c."

Answer: I strongly disagree. Carter's coming to face with her own mortality in Line in the Sand, Teal'c's conversations with his son, Daniel's appeal to Vala at the end of Memento Mori, Vala's fractured relationship with her father in Family Ties, Daniel's farewell in Meridian - all strike me as very memorable character defining moments.

Anonymous #4: "I think having diversity on a writing staff is important, and that the only way to breed diversity is to have at least one female writer."

Answer: Before Paul and I joined the show, the production auditioned a variety of different writers, a practice that has continued over the past few years. It isn't as easy as saying we want this type of writer and then hiring them. The individual we hire not only has to be a capable writer, but capable of writing Stargate - which isn't as easy as it may look. The show's mythology can prove very daunting for first-timers. Finally, because we are only producing one show this year, this will be the first season we won't be going out to freelancers.

Anonymous #5: "Joe, do you ever get tired of people using your blog as a soapbox to preach to you about stuff? Anit-ship, Anti-Carter on Atlantis, Weir, women writers, etc., etc. Do you sometimes wish people would just talk food?"

Answer: As long as they keep it polite - and hopefully brief - I don't mind.

Originally posted by BJX View Post
          D'oh, I still can't post a question. If any kind soul out there would be willing to post these questions for me, I would really appreciate it. Hopefully you'll be as interested in the answers as I am.
          Done! I know the first question went through. I'm pretty sure the second one did too.

Hopefully you'll get a response!
          Last edited by SallyLizzie; 17 February 2007, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
            Done! I know the first question went through. I'm pretty sure the second one did too.

Hopefully you'll get a response!
            Thank you!
            'Isn't it enough to see that the garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the end of it too?' - Douglas Adams

Comment

This one's my favourite...

Hope I'm not stepping on anyones toes here.

February, 16th

Anonymous #2: " Is there anyway you can have Teyla and Dr.Kellar (together) in a situation where they both end up having to save the day while in their underwear."

Answer: What an amazing coincidence! Carl Binder is working on just such a story.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

BJX, Joe answered both your questions!

17 February

Anonymous writes: “What chance is there of picking up Human Error for Season four?”

Answer: Human Error was a story that was kicked around for a while but never made it to script. It happens. Take SG-1’s The Return of the Jaffa for example. Given the stories we have lined up, it’s unlikely Human Error will make it into the season four rotation.

Anonymous #2: “Is there a chance that we'll see that lovable rogue Lucius in season 4?”

Answer: You mean the episode titled “Irrepressible”? Probably not.

Anonymous #3 writes: “I can't think of one spotlight episode for Teal'c yet this season.”

Answer: Check out Talion.

Jenny Robin writes: “Insert random question regarding the Stargate universe here:__________________”

Answer: An excellent question, Jenny. And believe it or not, the answer is a resounding Yes!

Anonymous #4 writes: “You guys did a whole episode for no other reason than to get Amanda Tapping in her underwear.”

Answer: Uh, there was a whole lot going on in that episode beside that one scene. By that logic, the only reason we did First Strike was so we could do the scene where Sheppard compares the team to the Fantastic Four.

Shawna writes: “Will we ever see Jonas again?”

Answer: In Atlantis - highly unlikely.

Lolly writes: “What About Amanda?? It would be awsome to have her do the commentary for Line in the Sand and The Road not taken.”

Answer: I agree and it would be great. However, I’m not in charge of deciding who does and doesn’t participate in the commentaries. In fact, the writers went a couple of years without even being asked to participate.

Anonymous #5 writes: “Joe, any plans for Brad Wright to script an episode of Atlantis during season 4? Also, are there any plans for Ken Cuperus to write a season 4 episode?”

Answer: At present, it seems unlikely that either will write a script for season 4.

Anonymous #6 writes: “Joe, looking back over the last year, are you happy with how the final year of SG-1 turned out? Had you had the luxury of knowing Season 10 was going to be the last season when you started out, would you like to have seen the season play out any differently? Similarly, were you happy with Season 3 of Atlantis?”

Answer: At the end of every year, looking back over another complete season, there are always episodes that stand out, and episodes you’d wish you could do all over again (or, in some cases, not do at all). Seasons ten of SG-1 and three of Atlantis were no exception. Overall, however, I’d say I’m pleased with both shows and wouldn’t have done things any differently for SG-1’s tenth season. As I stated before, the SciFi cancellation doesn’t spell the end of SG-1’s adventures.

Anonymous #7 writes: “Just wanted to ask if there ever will be a wraith queen that does not get killed by the atlantis team and could there be a romantic relationship with a human male and a wraith queen?”

Answer: A romantic relationship? I’d love to be a fly on the wall on the blind date. “Hi, I’m Matt. You’re a lot - uh - taller than I expected.” “I am grateful for the cluster of plant blossoms, human vermin.”

Joseph writes: “Is there plans for a goa'uld to take over a wraith?”

Answer: No plans but, of course, stranger things have happened. Car once tried to cross cat with a chimpanzee.

Anonymous #8 writes: “Did TPTB make an intentional switch to write for a younger audience at the end of the 2003-2004 seasons?”

Answer: I hate to answer questions like these because it only ends up deflating those online conspiracy theories I’m so fond of following. In truth, there was no intentional switch in terms of series tone or the types of stories we tell. As always, it comes down to what ideas interest us.

Comment

BJX, Joe answered both your questions!
                  Thanks to you! Shame about the answer to the first one though .

Comment

Sorry, but I have to say that this blog is unnecessary. JM is a very good producer and he will never say important things. We can ask about everything, but I feel sometimes that we waste only our and his time. I think we don't have to know everything before July and so the ratings will be bigger.

Anonymous #5: "Joe, do you ever get tired of people using your blog as a soapbox to preach to you about stuff? Anit-ship, Anti-Carter on Atlantis, Weir, women writers, etc., etc. Do you sometimes wish people would just talk food?"

"I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      Sorry, but I have to say that this blog is unnecessary. JM is a very good producer and he will never say important things. We can ask about everything, but I feel sometimes that we waste only our and his time. I think we don't have to know everything before July and so the ratings will be bigger.

Sorry, I disagree. If JM wants to write a blog and answer posters questions on some of it, then that's fine by me, and nice of him to bother. JM has already given out a fair few spoilers about season 4 Atlantis, some of which sound really exciting to me. If he hadn't have posted them, I wouldn't know certain things going into season 4 that I now know, thus I wouldn 't be so positive about it. I love coming here to read the hilights. I'm really pleased he takes the time to answer peoples questions, and if he minded he wouldn't authorise comments or bother to answer questions. Therefore I think it's great!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, you are right that he hasn't got permission to give us more spoiler now and I think he doesn't want to ruin our entertainment. If you watch this forum, here are so many negative people, maybe they will open "anti DVD film" thread too. I fear that JM can't calm them, because he can't give us answers. This will the hardest year for the SG franchise and I don't know how long can he tolerate the fans questions. I hope he won't disappear again as he did on GW earlier.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yes, you are right that he hasn't got permission to give us more spoiler now and I think he doesn't want to ruin our entertainment. If you watch this forum, here are so many negative people, maybe they will open "anti DVD film" thread too. I fear that JM can't calm them, because he can't give us answers. This will the hardest year for the SG franchise and I don't know how long can he tolerate the fans questions. I hope he won't disappear again as he did on GW earlier.
                          Oh, I don't think you need worry about that! Joe Mallozzi is an old hand at this and dishes out as good as he gets. He enjoys himself, I think, often at our expense, but with a wink and a nod to us at the same time
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but I have to say that this blog is unnecessary.
                            Certainly not any more so than any one of the hundreds of thousands of blogs from various nobodies across the internet. If Joe wants to blog like everyone else, more power to him. Personally, I enjoy his writings.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I thought that the readers always ask about SG. His personal blog became his "work" blog. Linzi said I shouldn't be nervous about this.

Comment

I agree with Linzi here. He started his blog to talk about food, and he slipped in some (unimportant) Stargate producer notes, and I valued even that very much. A bigger part of his daily blog is about SG now. No other SG producer is doing that, so if it weren't for him, we would be even more in the dark. His blog doesn't exist to talk to Stargate fans but to talk about HIS hobbies. ETA: You already answered in the post before. Didn't see that when I hit the post button.

At the same time, I think it's the right time to say a few things about this thread. Some weeks ago, I read through Joe's two-month old blog to look for the odd Stargate spoiler or two, and I took every obscure Stargate reference. (After all, I did the "work" to look through all the blog entries; why shouldn't other SG fans benefit from that.) I also tried to continue that with a summary post here every two or three days for fans who didn't care about his food obsession and hence didn't feel like reading his blog to get the tiniest amount of Stargate.

Now, in the past few weeks, the daily Stargate percentage in Joe's blog has changed from about 10% to usually 50 or 60%, and I'm no longer sure if Joe as well as Darren are fine with my/our "stealing" of parts of Joe's blog in that capacity, especially if we do this every day shortly after Joe has published his daily entry.

My suggestion to keep this thread alive, especially as it's nice here to discuss Joe's spoilers: Could the person (it doesn't need to be me) who copies the relevant Stargate parts of Joe's blog please wait for at least two days (i.e. two blog entries) before it gets posted here? That way, the real spoiler "whores" will still check out Joe's blog (I know he's paying attention to the traffic on his blog), and this thread will be more of a synopsis thread advertising Joe's blog** instead of just impolitely copying information and taking away traffic from the information website.

That's just a suggestion though. And I don't see why there shouldn't be exceptions for Joe's very important blog entries.

**especially for someone who just notices the existance of Joe's blog and wants to read up on old stuff
                                Last edited by sgeureka; 18 February 2007, 11:06 AM. Reason: spelling
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X