Page 2 of 609 FirstFirst 123451252102502 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 12167
  1. #21
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by ussrelativity View Post
    I wonder what I would want to ask him. Perhaps the whereabouts of Lt. Ford.
    If you asked that, the most you might get back is 'who knows, he could appear again' type comment. They can't predict if they'll bring back a character or not, although I think we'll never see Ford again.

  2. #22
    Sheppard’s Golf Club Jackie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NY State
    Posts
    3,602

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Thank you sgeureka for posting the excepts.

  3. #23
    First Lieutenant sgeureka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    January 20 2007

    Rob again played the role of affable host today, inviting us all over for the big football doubleheader.
    [...]
    Anonymous writes: “How about some more clues about "the greatest final scene in Stargate history", as Paul Mullie describes it in his TV Zone interview? I believe its from your episode, Family Ties.”

    Answer: Can’t say much about the scene in question. Suffice it to say, the episode has a few “topical references”. When I wrote the scene, I assumed someone would insist I lose it. As it turned out, nobody objected (because, I suspect, they were too busy to notice and figured someone else would get around to objecting for them). Can’t say more.

    January 22 2007

    [Blog entry about the script writing process and producers]

    January 23 2007

    Specifically, I’d like to say sorry to Martin Gero for stating he owned an X-Box game console. In fact, Martin owns BOTH a Wii AND an X-Box game console.
    [...]
    Well, I feel better already. Of course, it could have something to do with the final mix we watched today. First Strike, the Atlantis season three finale, is one of the biggest and most ambitious episodes we’ve ever produced. A big congratulations to everyone involved, especially our visual effects team, director Martin Wood, and pretty-boy Martin Gero.

    Some of you have complained about the recent dearth of food pics. To be fair, it has been two long food photo free days. Alas, my wife is taking some evening fitness classes which have seriously cut into our dine-out time. Nevertheless, a guy has got to eat - even if it means grilling up some barley-fed pork from Niku-ya Meats compliments of David Nykl who also dropped off a box of sour candy for the writers with the note: “Whenever you eat one, think of Radek”. Far be it for me to criticize a gift but, in the future, David may want to consider having his character associated with something sweet and pleasant rather than something sour and distressing.
    [...]
    Anonymous writes: “Can you tell us anything more about Richard Dean Anderson being in the movies?”

    Answer: At the moment, no.

    Anonymous also writes: “… do you think there's any chance that Scifi will ask for more SG-1...?”

    Answer: It’s very hard to say at this point. The fact that we’re one of their top-ranked shows gives me hope. Then again, I’m the guy who thought SG-1 would get picked up for an eleventh season.

    Another Anonymous writes: “Have any stories that involved series attempts at suicide for any of the characters ever come up?”

    Answer: Sure. Check out a SG-1 season 4’s “The Light”.

    January 24 2007

    Desiree also writes: “Would you ever consider attending a convention other than Comic Con...like DragonCon say?”

    Answer: Sure, I’d consider it (Chris Judge speaks very highly of this event) but it’s very hard to get away during production. And then, if you are seriously considering having me attend, there’s the cost of all that added security to consider.

    UberSG-1Fan also writes: “Hw much interference does the creative process receive from outside influences?”

    Answer: No t.v. show is produced in a creative vacuum. That said, certain shows are more heavily-influenced by outside forces than others. Stargate has been fortunate in that it had already proven itself when it made the move from Showtime. Robert have always been permitted to make their own creative decisions and since the show’s inception, the buck has ultimately stopped with them. With season four of Atlantis, the buck will now stop with Paul and I (so if you have any complaints, please direct all correspondence to Paul who sets aside two hours every day to personally read fan mail). That said, SciFi does pay for the product and, thus, does weigh in on everything from script and cut notes to big issue decisions such as casting. MGM, meanwhile, has been nothing but fully, one hundred percent supportive of both shows and their creative teams.

    Anonymous writes: “When is Scifi planning on airing Atlantis' season four? Will it be in the summer again, or will their be another six month break? If there is a longer break again, will it effect the movies/Stargate Universe timeline?”

    Answer: I leave it to SciFi to lock down the date and make an official announcement. But regardless of when it airs, it will not affect the movies/Stargate Universe timeline.

    Another Anonymous writes: “Are you planing to make a Stargate movie in the future that includes the real live actual furlings ? Or maybe in Atlantis or the new series ? (…) Do you ever plan to tell us what does the 9th chevron is for?”

    Answer: We probably won’t be using any actual live furlings in future productions as they notoriously unpredictable and dangerous to work with. I don’t know about the SG-1 movies but, at present we have no plans to explore the furlings or that ninth chevron.

    NowIWillDestroyAbydos writes: “You mentioned that Gero has a Wii, do you know what games has? Does he own Zelda: Twilight Princess?”

    Answer: I’m not sure what titles he owns, but I’d be willing to bet Zelda: Twilight Princess is among them. Martin is more the “Battle for the Iron Cross Medal of Courage” type.

    Stillhere writes: “In an update to her website, www.amandatapping.com, Amanda Tapping has revealed that it was you and Paul who came up with the idea of Sam Carter going to Alantis and approached her about it. Would you mind elaborating on how this concept came to be something you wanted to pursue as showrunners? Maybe a bit of insight into envisioning Carter in the Atlantis series?

    Answer: To be fair, having Carter cross over to Atlantis was something we’ve wanted to do for a while but, for various reasons, were never able to achieve. It was an idea that had been floating around for a while because the character would make a great addition to Atlantis. She has a pre-established relationship (not to mention chemistry) with her old buddy McKay, a military background that will allow her to support Sheppard and the team if the need ever arises, a science background that will allow her to add her expertise to what has hitherto been a strictly McKay/Zelenka domain, and knowledge of, not to mention personal experiencing dealing with, both the replicators and the Ancients.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

  4. #24
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Latest from JM's blog -
    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-27-2007.html

    Anonymous writes: “I think what has a lot of people worried (and maybe we
    don't need to be) is the fear that [Carter] will TAKE OVER and be in charge while
    Sheppard and Rodney get shoved to the sidelines because she thinks she is
    "better" than they are in both military and science areas. Yeah probably won't
    happen since she is a guest character but I think a little reassurance is needed
    for some of us.”


    Answer: Consider yourself reassured.

    Trini writes: “…many SGA fans fear that the enormous growth Rodney has shown
    over the seasons will be nullified; they fear that, since Rodney is rather
    smitten with Sam, he would have eyes only for her and care only about her,
    instead of about Sheppard and his team. Are there any reassurances you could offer
    us? Will the friendship between the members of Sheppard's team still be
    developed once Carter has joined Atlantis
    ?”

    Answer: Carter’s entering the mix will certainly make for some fun
    interactions between the two, but the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy
    relationship. As for the friendship between Sheppard’s team - we already have
    some stories in the works.

    GateGipsy: “ On the flipside, doesn't the character of Sam actually duplicate
    many of the skills and special attributes of existing characters?”


    Answer: If you look at it that way, Zelenka duplicates many of McKay’s skills
    and special attributes and the same could be said with regard to Lorne
    vis-?*-vis Sheppard.

    Anonymous writes: “Can you at least tell us if Carter being on Atlantis is
    going to reduce her participation in the SG-1 movies?”
    Answer: Nope. Carter will be a very active participant in both SG-1 movies.

    Anonymous writes: “ Is there any chance of Jack O'neill visiting Atlantis
    again in season four?”


    Answer: There’s a chance, sure.

    Arctic Goddess writes: “What is the hardest part about writing a script for
    Stargate?”


    Answer: Hmmm. I’d say the most unpleasant part about writing a script is
    definitely the rewrite - which is what I’m working on now.


    UberSG-1Fan also writes: “Will we get to see much or any of Jeannie Miller,
    Colonel Caldwell and Radek Zelenka?”


    Probably, hopefully, and for sure.

  5. #25
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,112

    Question Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Anonymous writes: “Joe, on the subject of books, who is your favorite writer, and what is your all-time favorite novel? On a side note, it looks like you've got some competition in the blog department. Rob Cooper is starting one on the MGM Stargate site.”

    Answer: Favorite writer? Hmmm. I’ll have to give this some thought and get back to you. As for the news about Rob - well, let the blog wars begin!
    Where's this Rob Cooper Blog? I would like to add it.

  6. #26

  7. #27
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    Oh good, and here I thought, geez, it's blank!

    It's good to see that TPTB are jumping on the blog bandwagon - and I expect that RCC's will be of a less confrontational nature than JM's. So many studios are using online venues to promote their shows - the thing is they should have had this ball rolling and advertising away once they cut us all off at the knees back in, what? September - waiting till April for new episodes! Pfft

  8. #28
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-28-2007.html

    Anonymous writes: “Yeah, but we're not going to see Lorne or Zelenka in a massive 14 episodes next season, nor are either one of them the huge, franchise behemoth that is Sam Carter. (…) It's her show now, and everyone knows it.”

    Answer: Everyone knows it? And you base this on what exactly? The time machine you used to pop into the future to actually watch season four so that you could base your bold statement on actual fact? Massive 14 episodes? Really? Zelenka was in a massive 10 episodes last year. Sick of him yet?

    Anonymous #2 writes: “… why did you get rid of Carson. I've heard that Sunday wasn't supposed to be Carsons end that the episode had to be rewritten. Canadians aired his death. So does that mean that there are more Sg1 and Atlantis episodes that have never been aired ?”

    Answer: I won’t go into the reasoning behind certain decisions, but I will say that the nice thing about scifi is that it offers an out for pretty much any situation no matter how dire - even death. As for the rumor that ending to Sunday was changed or rewritten - untrue.

    Anonymous #3 writes: “Just *what* will Carter be doing on Atlantis that McKay or Zelenka can't do, or any of the other scientists, for that matter?”

    Answer: You’ll have to tune in to find out. Or ask a friend to tune in and, if you like what you hear, tune in yourself.

    Sprinkles writes: “Is there anything more you can tell fans about the 6 episode Daniel prior arc that was cut to one?”

    Answer: Since The Shroud has yet to air, I can’t shed too much light on this arc. However, I can say that there was some early discussion of making it a fairly lengthy arc - having things kick off with the end of Quest II, a two episode disappearance, and then three subsequent episodes that would build to a climax and hopefully satisfying conclusion. In the end, it was decided to roll the three-episode story into one: The Shroud.

    Anonymous #3 writes: “Since you had dinner with Carl, I was hoping you could tell us which writers will be writing for season 4 of Atlantis.”

    Answer: Sure. Rob Cooper, Martin Gero, Carl Binder, Alan McCullough, Paul Mullie, and yours truly.

    Whew. I think I’ll let my Magic 8 Ball answer the next few questions…

    Stillhere also writes: “Any possiblility that Daniel Jackson will make a guest appearance in Atlantis season 4.”

    The Magic 8 Ball says: “Cannot predict now.”

    Schweinsty writes: “…just popped in to ask if we'll be seeing more of Lorne next season?”

    The Magic 8 Ball says: “Outlook good.”

    Anonymous #4 writes: “So when you say "the last time I checked McKay was already in a happy relationship" does that mean that we'll be seeing Katie Brown again in the future?”

    The Magic 8 Ball says: “Signs points to yes.”.

    Anonymous #5 writes: “Should Sheppard be with Teyla or with Weir?”

    The Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again.”

  9. #29
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-28-2007.html

    Anonymous writes: “Yeah, but we're not going to see Lorne or Zelenka in a massive 14 episodes next season, nor are either one of them the huge, franchise behemoth that is Sam Carter. (…) It's her show now, and everyone knows it.”

    Answer: Everyone knows it? And you base this on what exactly? The time machine you used to pop into the future to actually watch season four so that you could base your bold statement on actual fact? Massive 14 episodes? Really? Zelenka was in a massive 10 episodes last year. Sick of him yet?
    PWNED!!


  10. #30
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    PWNED!!

    What does that mean?

    Meanwhile, I wonder if JM is going for a food critic job once the gates are done.....

  11. #31
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,098

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    It means "Anonymous" got OWNED!

    Ok, not much better I know; just google it (it's hard to explain).

  12. #32
    First Lieutenant sgeureka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    January 29, 2007

    Alex and Martin asked me how the rewrite was going. "Somewhere between it's not and very slowly,"I truthfully replied.

    January 30, 2007

    [includes a funny non-Stargate anecdote about injuries]

    Anonymous writes: “Joe, what does your magic 8-ball say about Chris Judge's chances of guest starring on Atlantis in season four?”

    Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook good.

    Suz writes: “So if no-one ever dies in Sci Fi, what are the chances of us seeing Carson Beckett in s4, cos I'm really gonna miss him and it's been said that there may be a way to bring him back!”

    Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply hazy, try again. With a yes/no question”.

    Marla writes: “Speaking of things that get cut out of episodes, imagine my disappointment upon finding out that the scene in Line In The Sand that I saw being filmed was not aired in the episode…”

    Answer: Funny you should mention this as we were just discussing the deleted scenes today. I’m not sure which scene you’re referring to, but one of the scenes lost was right off the top, a walk and talk in which a worried Vala discusses Daniel’s absence and the effort to find him. Yep, sorry to say it was cut for time. Grouse away.

    Anonymous #2 writes: “Oh wise and magic eight ball, oracle of things to come, will the Asgaard be seen in Atlantis' season four?”

    Answer: They will be making an appearance in the SG-1 season 10 finale, Unending.

    Marla also writes: “Will our SG:A heroes still get to utilize the sets of SG-1 thanks to the Midway Station? Will we still get to see old friends like Dr. Lee, Siler, and Walter from time to time?”

    Answer: The SG-1 sets will be available to us for a while. Whether we’ll be using them or not remains to be seen. As for the trio you mentioned, at least one of them will be putting in an appearance.

    Melantha writes: “So I was watching that Stargate Saved My Life thing again (paying a bit more attention this time) and laughed when during your bit it displayed your name on screen as Jo Mazzolli. Good to see they did their research thoroughly.”

    Answer: No mistake. That WAS Jo Mazzolli, the same guy who got infuriated all those cranky fans. People get us confused all the time.

    Elodie writes: “Why there is no loveship between sam and rodney in SGA season 4? After all, they are like Daniel and Vala, I mean the "I love you, I love you not" thing. Will we see a more intimate relationship between Cam and Sam (…) for the tv movies or in the future? Will Daniel finally admit that he has feelings for Vala?

    Answer: The “I love you, I love you not” thing you referred to has been decidedly one-sided. Regarding Cam and Sam - you’ll have to ask Rob and Brad who are writing the movies. And as for Daniel and Vala - time WILL tell.

    Anonymous #3 writes: “What do you make of the whole 'shrill and uninformed lemmings' fan group that seems to have developed out of your comment?”

    Answer: It makes me all misty knowing I’ve touched some many people and inspired them to be creative. And don’t forget the script elves.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

  13. #33
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    It means "Anonymous" got OWNED!

    Ok, not much better I know; just google it (it's hard to explain).
    Obviously. Googled it. Still makes no sense. Whatever happened to English?? but anyway, I wouldn't say anonymous got pwned/owned/whatever. Mallozzi avoided the question.

  14. #34
    First Lieutenant sgeureka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    Obviously. Googled it. Still makes no sense. Whatever happened to English?? but anyway, I wouldn't say anonymous got pwned/owned/whatever. Mallozzi avoided the question.
    1. There wasn't even a question, so Mallozzi couldn't avoid anything.

    2. The fan's statement was based on ridiculous assumptions (i.e. appearing in 2/3 of a TV show makes a character/actor the über-human star, and that that was a fact ). Mallozzi merely pointed out that these assumptions were false (especially since he is a producer and makes the show, and the fan... well... not), therefore questioning the conclusion based on that logic. Mallozzi even provided counter-examples. That fan did get "pwned".

    And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

  15. #35
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by sgeureka View Post
    1. There wasn't even a question, so Mallozzi couldn't avoid anything.

    2. The fan's statement was based on ridiculous assumptions (i.e. appearing in 2/3 of a TV show makes a character/actor the über-human star, and that that was a fact ). Mallozzi merely pointed out that these assumptions were false (especially since he is a producer and makes the show, and the fan... well... not), therefore questioning the conclusion based on that logic. Mallozzi even provided counter-examples. That fan did get "pwned".

    And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.
    Oh wait, I think we're not talking about the same question. I'm talking about the question where it was asked what would carter being doing on Atlantis.

    And pwned is yes, a stupid expression. The English language is going downhill fast....

  16. #36
    First Lieutenant sgeureka's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    926

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    First, let me me say one thing: I LOVE YOU, JOE!!!

    (Screamish fangirl moment is over, but read the bold parts below.)

    January 31, 2007

    Blaine Nielsen writes: "Does Martin Gero have a blog? If he doesn't he should because he seems like a really cool guy."

    Answer: Cool guy? Really? Martin Gero the writer, not Martin Wood the director, right? Sometimes even people on the show get them confused. Nope, he doesn't have a blog but he does have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/martingero

    Anonymous writes: "Joe, what is your favorite episode from season 10 that you wrote, what is your favorite episode overall, and which episode do you think is "the best"?"

    Answer: Of the episodes I wrote, my fave is Family Ties. As for my overall favorite and "the best" (which should be the same episode, really) - I'll have to think about it. Magic 8 Ball says "Ask again."

    G writes: "...so do you guys get sick of having yet another pairing crop up in the SG universe that has such a mammoth devoted following in the audience or do you consider it just another element that inevitably emerges as part of storytelling process?"

    Answer: So long as it's a natural progression of a given relationship, I have no objection to ship. In fact, quite the opposite.

    February 1, 2007

    [Funny photo of Carl Binder at the top]

    On the Stargate front, I’m almost finished my rewrite of Reunion and am, admittedly, a little worried. While the script offers plenty of action, it is primarily a character-driven story. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of notes we receive from the network. The other scripts are coming along nicely. Martin kicks off season 4 with Adrift, continuing the events of the visually stunning season-ender First Strike. Carl’s Lifeline, the big op eppy, is next. Reunion will follow third and then - well, we’re still working that out. On the production schedule, Rob is first up with Doppelganger, a.k.a. N.O.A.S., assuming both writing and directing duties on this one. Alan’s The Seer script is being revised as we speak. And sometime soon, Monday I hear, Paul will have Travelers ready, a gift for all those of the Shep-whumping persuasion.

    At lunch today, we did Thai buffet with the rest of the office. Meh. The highlight of the meal was the jar of goose liver pate that Martin brought in for me and that I subsequently shared with the rest of the writing department - or, more specifically, the members of the writing department willing to eat it: Martin, Alex, and myself. A picture-perfect moment presented itself later when Carl tried the 100% cocoa Domori chocolate bar I brought in. Look at him luxuriating in the richness and depth of that pure cocoa flavor.
    [...]
    Anonymous #2 writes: “Have you guys considered producing a 'deleted scenes/bloopers' DVD?”

    Answer: Ivon Bartok, our Special Features producer, and I have put together a deleted footage commentary for the upcoming DVD release. It will include deleted scenes from Morpheus, Memento Mori, and Quest I.

    Suz writes: “Will we see Carson Beckett in Season Four. Yes or No?”

    Magic 8 Ball says: “Reply still hazy, try again.”

    Valerie writes: “Is there any possibility Jonas could come back to the stargate universe?”

    Magic 8 Ball says: “Cannot predict now.”
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

  17. #37
    Colonel Agent_Dark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LOL
    Posts
    6,096

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by sgeureka View Post
    And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.
    It's primarily a gaming term. If you're into the online gaming culture, you'll find out rather quickly what it means. It's not a sign of English going downhill - it's just another slang word used within a certain culture. No different to any other culture. Hip-hop, aviation, motor racing, school kids and the stock market cultures for example all have their own little dictionaries that sound stupid to outsiders. And yes, that includes Fandom too

  18. #38
    Lieutenant General prion's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,367

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgeureka
    And yes, that is a stupid expression, and I still don't really see the connection between own - owned - pwned.

    It's primarily a gaming term. If you're into the online gaming culture, you'll find out rather quickly what it means. It's not a sign of English going downhill - it's just another slang word used within a certain culture. No different to any other culture. Hip-hop, aviation, motor racing, school kids and the stock market cultures for example all have their own little dictionaries that sound stupid to outsiders. And yes, that includes Fandom too

    Heh, actually, English is going downhill. Nobody bothers to spell, punctuate, etc. anymore. You can open up newspapers and find hideous grammatical errors.

    I think pwn came from someone making a typo and that was it...

  19. #39
    Colonel Agent_Dark's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LOL
    Posts
    6,096

    Default Re: Joe Mallozzi Blogs Again!

    Quote Originally Posted by prion View Post
    I think pwn came from someone making a typo and that was it...
    No-one really knows how it came about. It could have been someone using pwn instead of own because P is greater than O, hence 'pwn' is greater than 'own'.

    And what I meant was that pwn itself was not a sign of English going downhill

  20. #40

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Stargate - About.com: Joseph Mallozzi Interview
    By morjana in forum SGA News (Archive)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 6th, 2009, 01:13 AM
  2. Joseph Mallozzi Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)
    By firefly827347 in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 763
    Last Post: May 10th, 2008, 02:19 PM
  3. Pro Joseph Mallozzi blog thread
    By mrtvr4 in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: January 29th, 2007, 06:13 AM
  4. NEW Joseph Mallozzi Interview
    By prion in forum SG-1 News (Archive)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM
  5. What Happened to ASK Joseph Mallozzi
    By glennh73 in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 14th, 2004, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •