Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#spoilers# How did Rodney do it? Ancients smarter than we thought?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#spoilers# How did Rodney do it? Ancients smarter than we thought?

Just clearifying. Ancients are what they're called once they ascend and Lanteans are their names when they're well mortals. At least from my perspective. So did the DNA machine turn Rodney into an Ancient or a Lantean? Yes it helped Rodney ascend by giving him powers he would unlock once his brain develops but his brain activity was still in the normal range of any one else and he still possessed mental abilities among others. Which is safe to say almost all Lanteans had the same abilities Rodney was able to unlock.

Never the less. Rodney seemed to possess the knowledge of the ancients. All the DNA thing does is make you smarter and use more of your brain. It doesnt download any knowledge into your brain. Yet Rodney was able to instantaniously know how to control the chair and at the same time figure out how to conserve energy. He doesnt know enough about atlantis technology to figure that out himself so i assumed he possessed knowledge of the ancients as his DNA changed.

This is what's confusing me.
    He's on his way to becoming an ancient, yet he isnt one until he actually dies and ascends but at the same time gains knowledge he couldnt have other wise known. Being able to create a new math is logical but out of nowhere gaining the ability to rummage through ancient tech.

This would assume every Lantean were as smart as Rodney and if that were true it would almost be impossible for them to have lost the battle with the Wraith.

It would also mean regular Lanteans possess the same powers the Ori did.

No, Rodney wasn't turning into an Ancient/Lantian, he just got much much smarter, which means it'll be easier for him to understand the workings of Ancient tech in Atlantis.

Comment

Yes understand. Doesn't mean being able to decipher an alien language in an instant. He worked the Atlantis tech like he knows everything about it configuring all the energy flows and such.

The DNA machine speeds up the ascension process.

As we seen Rodney had powers while maintain the normal brain waves as a normal human.

So if thats true then that means at some point or another all the ancients had telekinesis and psychic powers because its on the path to ascension.

Comment

Of course he can learn another language in an instant! Normal people can learn languages based on patterns and stuff like that, so no doubt, with a faster comprehension speed, McKay and learn in "an instant".

And we've known that Ancients had these powers for quite a while, ie. Prototype and Frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
          Just clearifying. Ancients are what they're called once they ascend and Lanteans are their names when they're well mortals. At least from my perspective. So did the DNA machine turn Rodney into an Ancient or a Lantean? Yes it helped Rodney ascend by giving him powers he would unlock once his brain develops but his brain activity was still in the normal range of any one else and he still possessed mental abilities among others. Which is safe to say almost all Lanteans had the same abilities Rodney was able to unlock.

Never the less. Rodney seemed to possess the knowledge of the ancients. All the DNA thing does is make you smarter and use more of your brain. It doesnt download any knowledge into your brain. Yet Rodney was able to instantaniously know how to control the chair and at the same time figure out how to conserve energy. He doesnt know enough about atlantis technology to figure that out himself so i assumed he possessed knowledge of the ancients as his DNA changed.

This is what's confusing me.
          He's on his way to becoming an ancient, yet he isnt one until he actually dies and ascends but at the same time gains knowledge he couldnt have other wise known. Being able to create a new math is logical but out of nowhere gaining the ability to rummage through ancient tech.

This would assume every Lantean were as smart as Rodney and if that were true it would almost be impossible for them to have lost the battle with the Wraith.

It would also mean regular Lanteans possess the same powers the Ori did.

Ancients are from the Milky Way, the Asgard and other races called them tht, Atlantean or Lantean is just there latest name, they named they selves after Atlantis and also the Wraith call them by tht name, Atlantean or Lantean is just wht the Anicents are called in the Peagues Galaxy. We also now know tht their orignal races name is Alterans.
          And tht machine just evloved Rodney but it did not give him all the knowledge of the Ancients so he was much smater so he can work out things faster.

Comment

Me calling them Lanteans and Ancients is just a way for me to seperate the two. I did not say the device gave Rodney knowledge of the ancients i was simplya asking how he was able to understand ancient tech so quickly.

If like you said and i assumed then all ancients had the same abilities Rodney has. Then how is it they are all dead? For crying out loud... they can heal each other. Telekinesis powers.... read minds. Losing the war against the wraith simply because they had more people/ships makes no sense. Why were they out casted from their original galaxy from the Ori? Does that mean the Ori are more powerful then the Ancients?

Comment

Not all Ancients were like that. Remember, Rodney only gained the abilities because he was evolving really really fast; fact of the matter is, we've seen Advanced Ancients doing the same thing, which means that the Lantians were really THAT far ahead of us in terms of biology.

Basically, they were like humans, but were a tad smarter (but not in the tactical department, apparently), and with much better technology.

Comment

not all the ancients evloved that way some where just normal ancients or lanteans, most of them learned of asension and ascended after the war with the wraith.

in return pt 2 all the ancients were killed and so that begs the question is that if they had mental abilities why didnt use them?

so not all ancients evoleved that qiuclky, some used ascension by use of technology and thats what they probaly done have the war or to escape it
                sigpic

Comment

The Lanteans that were in Atlantis up until they submerged the city were not advanced to the level where they had the powers. If they had been we should`ve seen some example of it in 'Before I Sleep' or the crew of the Tria would`ve had abilities.
                  The only people to use that machine either ascended or died so everyone who left for Earth were 'normal' Ancients. They were probably on the verge of gaining these abilities naturally but had not yet reached that stage of evolution.

I don`t think they truly evolved to the point of having those abilities until they returned to the MW after abandoning Pegasus.

Did the Ancients in that one where Shep was on the planet with them for six months have powers? Its been so long since I`ve seen that ep that I can`t even remember the title. Was it Epiphany?

Comment

Which is why i said.. at some point in time. Normal/Mortal ancients had mental abilities like Rodney.

Something about 33 hertz or w/e means you have normal brain waves or something. Rodney maintained a 33 even after he had all those powers. Therefore developing those powers are on the path towards ascention. So at some point in a Lanteans life who ascends after he dies will develop the same powers Rodney has. So unless each Lantean died 1 year after another at some point in time all the ancients were "normal" human beings with unbeleivable powers. Then in maybe 30 years after the lanteans life they die and ascend.

Therefore ancients were indeed geniouses. Its impossible for them to have all died and with powers like that they should be way more powerful as humans then thought to be.

Comment

I don't get your thinking process. A Lantean doesn't just develop the powers as they grow up, it's their children, and their children's children that will EVENTUALLY grow to have those power through evolution. For all we know none of the Lantians had those powers even in the later years of the first Siege.

Comment

I'll give an example of an ancients lifetime

From birth a lantean is taught what ascention is from school. So its safe to say throughout their life they try to acheive this goal

- People can reach the halfway mark to ascention depending on how much they want to ascend and how hard they reach towards that goal.

- Lets say this one lantean ends up ascending at the age of 100
                        -Half way through his life he's halfway there to ascending
                        - He's still a human being so his brain waves are at a 33 hertz or w/e it was in the episode Tao of Rodney.
                        - He develops mental powers, reading minds, telekenesis etc.. because his brain is more active because he's on his way to ascending

SO yeah what i'm trying to say is that if the Episode Tao of Rodney is correct. Then every lantean that ascended were once as powerful as Rodney was. So like i keep saying. No way could the Lanteans have been defeated the way they did and only inhabited 2 galaxies with a couple city ships.

Comment

I'm not talking about Lanteans. I'm talking about A lantean. The DNA machine simply speeds up the ascention process not speeds up evolution. It sped up his ascention process by making him able to ascend. Part of that path was to gain superpowers. Therefore every ancient that ascended at some point gained those powers..

I might be explaining it pretty bad but someone has to get what i'm trying to say. I'm not sayinmg im right but thats just what i think.

Comment

I think the deal was that when the war with the wraith broke out, most ancients weren't focusing on ascension. For those 100 years of fighting, they were focused on the wraith, so their advancements wore down. I think the Ancients stopped focusing on ascension, dullling their advanced abilities. They were advanced enough to heal people however as shown in Before I sleep.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I agree.

They might be researching Ascension, but it doesn't mean that was their endgame thoughout their reign in Pegasus; it might've only became important after they came back to the MW. Thus, the powers might not have been manifested while they were still in Atlantis.

And yes, every Ancient would've exhibited those powers before they Ascended.

Comment

Working...
                              X