Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    Sam leaps to other time periods, but only time periods within his own lifetime.
    *Plops head on the table in defeat.*

I know this... As stated, I am a fan of th show.

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
    His birth date is the date of the final episode of the series.
    That still doesn't explain what happen in that episode. It was very confusing...

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
      What kind of fan do you take me for? No! I just didn't understand it...

I mean, first he leaps into a bar where one of the characters was named "Ziggy" (named of course for the computer that helped out Al and Sam) and then that character "leaps" out of nowhere. Then, no one remembers "Ziggy". I mean, did he leap to anywhere or time?

Then he leaps to a crying woman (what the hell? past episode? someone fill me in!) and then he leaps into nothingness with a line that he never return home. WTF??
      the crying woman was Al's first wife, the women he has always truely loved. in one episode, when Sam leaped back to her, we were seeing a continuation of a previous episode where Al tried to get Sam to stop her from remarrying because she believed Al had died in Vietnam and was getting ready to move with her life (because it had been a year or 2 since Al was reported dead).

Al thought that is why Sam was originally sent back (or tried to make himself believe that) so when Sam learnt that he was controlling his leaps, he leaped back to tell her to wait for Al. this lead to use learning at the end about them still being married.

As for the bar, that is a weird one. everyone in the bar was someone Sam met during one of his leaps, they just had names of people sam knew (like Ziggy and Al) but there is a believe that the Bartender is perhaps God who was using Sam to help people but since it was Sam who was leaping himself, it is hard to know because it was beleived that a higher power was using Sam (which seemed to be backed up by the evil leapers).

the show was supposed to be contiued from where it left off so we were supposed to be left with a cliffhanger but since the show ended, Sam just kept leaping and leaping helping people. since we don't know the specifics, it is possible that he could have did this for eternity or until his body dies but the part about Sam controlling his leaps suggests he could go home but something is stopping him. it is possible that he had one chance to return home but he sacficed it for Al. we saw that when it comes to Al, Sam would risk being lost in time (which was a great episode)
      Last edited by SaberBlade; 02 December 2005, 03:01 AM.

sigpic

Comment

What do you say? I think it would be awesome, i am a huge fan!

Comment

Fantastic series, great theory on time-travel. Considering buying a box set.

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
          legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Cool show, would like to buy, but a lots on my list
            Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I totally loved watching that show growing up. My Mom and Dad even really liked it. Dean Stockwell and Scott Bakula were just awesome together.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I found Quantum Leap by accident and by the second episode, I was hooked. Al and Sam are a good - and amusing - team. Since then I have bought 3 seasons on DVD. It can be a bit dodgy at times, but overall I like it a lot. I admit I only discovered it last year and the only incentive to watch it was the name "beckett" (i'm hopeless )

and the thing that amused me most...was Sam saying "ya think?"

Comment

An interesting bit of trivia; In the episode "All Americans", which originally aired on 17 January 1990, Al states he was watching Super Bowl XXX, and the Pittsburgh Steelers were playing and were three points behind in the fourth quarter. The actual game wouldn't air for another six years, but the Steelers did play and were, in fact, three points behind in the fourth quarter. The team hadn't been to the Super Bowl in the ten years prior.

Makes you think...
                  Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                  Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                  Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                  - Serenity

Comment

that's cool! as sam would say "sure I know the future"

I can't believe Scott Bakula was in Star Trek

Comment

I love Quantum Leap! I was in love with Beckett way before MacGyver haha. I have both theme songs on my cell phone, but teh Quantum Leap song plays more often!

Comment

just watched M.I.A. for the first time. omg, I bawled my eyes out. I literally sobbed. Poor Al! I really feel sorry for him. at least there's a reason to why he hasn't settled down. poor guy.

Comment

Nope, sorry, I just didn't get this show. Too much fi and not enough sci for me.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I LOVED QL! *wants sam to go be with the ancients*

Comment

I almost didn't recognise Dean Stockwell without bizarre clothing

from SG1 6x07 Shadow Play

Comment

You didn't!!! OMG that's soo bad

Plus he was in Belevery Hills Cops 2 (SP?)

Comment

Working...
                                X