Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vikingjedi
    Sam met God at the end (in the form of a bartender). They were in an old bar and Sam asked God what was going to happen to him. God told Sam that his mission wasn't complete and he still had work to do. Starting with fixing Al's past so he would be with his wife who thought he died in the war. God told him the leaps would get harder but Sam accepted it as his destiny.

One of the best endings ever.
    !!! If you're a sadist! *begrudging* I guess you could make the argument it was unconventional, and immensely dramatic or something. But speaking from my heart, I have never felt so personally betrayed by a show, I followed the series from beginning to end, everywhere it went, invested myself in the premise of "Sam-getting-home" and they end it with him leaping off into God-know's-where (excuse the pun ) and he never gets home!?!?!? Nuh uh! I loved him fixing things for Al and Beth *fuming about replacement of Georgia on my Mind on DVD release * but I needed him to get home too, or at least some indication he would or might. Personal opinion I'm sure, but I hated the ending.

Comment

Any QL fans here?

Great show - loved for many of the same reasons I like SG1/A;
      strong charecter development; sciency; great relationships; amazing stories..........

It was axed way too early..........he never got home right?

Any news on the "Bold Leap Forward"?
      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I loved Quantum Leap. My favorite episode was the one where he does get home and Al takes his place (I forget epi name). Other than that, no he never gets home. Great great show.

Comment

we bought the dvd 1st season but i was kinda disappointed. i mean it was good but it had aged a lot so it wasnt as good as i remembered. still, little piece of history.

Join the Neko Rebellion!!
          http://sgr.hl2files.com

Comment

I've only ever seen it a handful of times, but it was pretty funny

oh, and I've met Dean Stockwell
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
              I loved Quantum Leap. My favorite episode was the one where he does get home and Al takes his place (I forget epi name). Other than that, no he never gets home. Great great show.

It was after the ep where Sam gets electric shock and exhibits the multiple personalites of the past people he leaped into........

he and Al swap places at the end......Shock Theatre->The Leap Back!!!
              a genius pair of stories

Originally posted by sueKay
              I've only ever seen it a handful of times, but it was pretty funny
              oh, and I've met Dean Stockwell
              Try and watch the rest of them - they are pretty cool!
              How was it meeting DS? If you met him quite recently, did he saying anything about a NEW QL?
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Not a peep, but then I didn't ask him about it ...

Met him last month along with two of the cast of Red Dwarf and David Carradine!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I loved that show! It was heartwarming to watch Sam improving the lives of total strangers by "trying to set right what once went wrong". I was very sad that he never got home as he had certainly earned it.
                  I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

i loved quantum leap as a kids and have watched reruns of the show however i have never, ever liked the ending.

i thought the whole part about Sam could go home if he wanted yet still couldn't wasn't want i had hoped. i think the part with him never getting home should have been left out because it would have added this great mystery to the show, does he get home after we see his final leap but they had to kill any chance of us thinking he gets home

sigpic

Comment

That show was definitely one of my favorites as a kid. Very entertaining. To this day, I'm still a little bummed out that Sam never made it back home. Stuck leaping for the rest of his life.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm one. My favorite episode: the final episode of the series.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                          I'm one. My favorite episode: the final episode of the series.
                          I hated that episode because I didn't understand it all too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                            I hated that episode because I didn't understand it all too much.
                            Was that one of the first episodes you watched (I just wondering). if it is then that's the problem, you didn't catch the backstory of the show (except the short one at the beginning of the episode)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              Was that one of the first episodes you watched (I'm just wondering). If it is then that's the problem, you didn't catch the backstory of the show (except the short one at the beginning of the episode).
                              What kind of fan do you take me for? No! I just didn't understand it...

I mean, first he leaps into a bar where one of the characters was named "Ziggy" (named of course for the computer that helped out Al and Sam) and then that character "leaps" out of nowhere. Then, no one remembers "Ziggy". I mean, did he leap to anywhere or time?

Then he leaps to a crying woman (what the hell? past episode? someone fill me in!) and then he leaps into nothingness with a line that he never return home. WTF??

Comment

Sam leaps to other time periods, but only time periods within his own lifetime. His birth date is the date of the final episode of the series.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X