No announcement yet.

Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's funny how advanced they thought that we would be by 1999. In the episode 'Killin' Time' we see Al drive into a city and they have parking signs that read "Electro-Magnetic Vehicles Only" along with video displays that come up on car windshields, and a prostitute with an apartment where everything works by voice command.
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
      It's funny how advanced they thought that we would be by 1999. In the episode 'Killin' Time' we see Al drive into a city and they have parking signs that read "Electro-Magnetic Vehicles Only" along with video displays that come up on car windshields, and a prostitute with an apartment where everything works by voice command.
      So we have a little catching up to do. What a great show this was.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I recently watched the whole show, too. I have never seen the whole thing in English (I used to watch it on German TV when I was a kid). So I remember, and I even know that he first killed in first episode of Season 2.
        But everytime, he had to, because it was either a self defense or he was in a body of a cop or a detective.

As for their idea of 1999 - it all exists but I guess people just didn´t warm up to the idea of a voice control and electrical cars are slower and still more expensive. We´ll get there, they predicted it just too soon Look at Back to the Future...I seriously doubt there will be cars flying around in 4 years

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I hope cars can never fly. People can barely drive on the road.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

My father always says "If they ever invent flying cars you'll see them stuck up in trees all over the place".
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4thDoctor View Post
              My father always says "If they ever invent flying cars you'll see them stuck up in trees all over the place".
              Yeah, and flying into houses, crashing into buildings, and crashing into cars and people on the ground.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And imagine what would happen, if we knew how to travel in time

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

History would change around us, some of us would cease to exist, others spring into being and no one would be aware of any change. 4thDoctorthumb.gif
                  sigpic

Comment

Electric cars can be quite fast. The Tesla Roadster goes from 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds. It's top speed is around 135 miles per hour, so it's not going to enter NASCAR, but few people will drive that fast on the street anyway. Neighborhood electric vehicles don't go fast enough for highway speeds, but that doesn't mean an electric car can't be fast.

I think that capacitors will be the future of electic cars rather than batteries. Capacitors charge much faster than batteries, and last a great many times longer than rechargable batteries. The disadvantage is that the best capacitors only have about 1/10 the energy capacity of batteries. But the energy storage of capacitors has increased by 10,000 times, so it shouldn't be possible to improve them enough to meet or exceed the capacity of batteries.

When that happens, it means that electric cars become a lot more practical. Minutes instead of hours to charge, and the capacitors won't wear out.

Comment

So if you could travel through time but remain in the same space would you run the risk of appearing in outer space if you went back to a time when the Earth was in a different point of it's orbit?
                      sigpic

Comment

I've loved Quantum Leap since I was quite young. I used to watch re-runs with my family, and have watched all the series' over and over again. I love how relevant most of the stuff still is, and how it brought up issues like racism, sexism, homophobia, teenage pregnancy, everything! I'll probably show it to my kids, if I can. It will forever be my favourite sci-fi show.

Comment

It is on Netflix, and a wonderful way to refresh yourself on episodes you loved way back when.

Comment

I did find that the show is re-running on the channel G4. I noticed it on Zap2it's tv listings one day recently but then went darn because I don't get that channel anymore. I may have the series on DVD but sometimes there's nothing like watching an episode when it's on TV and there's nothing else on.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

It looks like Quantum Leap has been rereleased on Blu-ray by Mill Creek Entertainment for those who have been wanting it on that format and yes most to all of the original music from the episodes are included. They, Mill Creek Entertainment, also rereleased Season 1 and 2 on DVD in a combo pack with most to all of the original music from the episodes. I don't know if they plan to do this for seasons 3, 4 and 5. I don't know if their dvd boxset of the complete series still has the music substitutions or most to all of the original music.

TV Shows on dvd page for the show:
                              http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Quantum-Leap/3450

Quantum Leap - Oh Boy! 'The Complete Series' DVD Re-Release...and New on Blu-ray!
                              Last edited by planet_tv; 31 March 2017, 10:11 PM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

The COZI Channel is airing Quantum Leap at 1 am Tuesday thru Saturday.

Right now they're airing Season 3.

4/29 - Ep. 3: Leap of Faith

5/2 - Ep. 4: One Strobe Over the Line
                                5/3 - Ep. 5: The Boogieman
                                5/4 - Ep. 6: Miss Deep South
                                5/5 - Ep. 7: The Boogieman
                                5/6 - Ep. 8: Black on White on Fire

5/9 - Ep. 9: Rebel Without a Clue
                                5/10 - Ep. 10: A Little Miracle
                                5/11 - Ep. 11: Runaway
                                Total syffy posts: 36,690
                                (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
                                Matthew 5:9

Comment

Working...
                                X