• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats rather confusing. ANy more info?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Absolutely none. Whatsoever. True. It makes about as much sense as most of my arguments about a given subject. One subtle point, though: The leap took place on his birthday. His actual birthday i.e. day he was born.

Good guy, Bad guy.....
      I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
        Thats rather confusing. ANy more info?

yes. interestingly the same actor played another minor character for the series premier. perhaps the barman was watching beckett from the start?

also the actor played 'Jack' macgyver's ne'er do well pilot friend on macgyver

Comment

See I dont have Sky or any special chanells, being in the UK I pretty much have only 5 channells. I remember Quantum Leap from when i was a kid. And I loved it, never ever saw them in order though, so the grand picture of everythign never apeared.

So what happened?

Sam made a leap that was on his birthday and a barman who we know nothing about just offers him a deal? But since when were there mysterious higher powers in QL? It sounds like soemthing from Star Trek Ds9.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I say again: this is exactly what happened. Smells like some suits wanted to turf it and didn't want to deal with fans...

Good guy, Bad guy.....

Comment

Damn, sounds pretty screwed up.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*Me at TV following end credits of said episode*

"What. The HELL?! GRR ARRGH!"

*Destroys TV*

Good guy, Bad guy.....

Comment

I can see how it would cause that response X-Man. So it wasnt even built up either? It just happened? wow...

In that case, I do hope they bring it back and make up for a shocking betrayal. Lets hope SG-1 doesnt end like that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

SG-1 will never end so no worries.

From what I heard is that the network (Was it NBC?) was going to can the show and they needed some closure so they just threw this thing together and went at the end of it, "He never went home".
                    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      See I dont have Sky or any special chanells, being in the UK I pretty much have only 5 channells. I remember Quantum Leap from when i was a kid. And I loved it, never ever saw them in order though, so the grand picture of everythign never apeared.

So what happened?

Sam made a leap that was on his birthday and a barman who we know nothing about just offers him a deal? But since when were there mysterious higher powers in QL? It sounds like soemthing from Star Trek Ds9.

It was always present that there was a higher power guiding Sam in Quantum Leap. Al and Sam talked about it often over the course of the show. Heck in one episode, Sam dealt with the devil, who he thought was Al. Then there is the Evil Leaper saga, which I always believe had something to do with the Devil as her mission was to ruin people's lives, and Allyia was punished horribly when she failed after her first run-in with Sam. I dont think it was a coincidence that the same actor was in the first episode either. I believe the bartender "Al" was indeed God and that he was there from the start.
                      Last edited by Jonas; 25 March 2005, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Wow! Fascinating stuff! A lot more in depth than ipreviously had thought! Aw man, I wish I could watch it again, now that Im older Id prolly appreciate it more.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

wasn't it revealed that it was Sam leaping himself around and not some almighty power?

i am pretty sure it was revealed that Sam could have went home anytime, it was just up to him to go there.

sigpic

Comment

At the risk of being pummelled with fruit, I loved the Quantum Leap finale. It was gut-wrenching, but a very touching and appropriate way to end the series.
                            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                              At the risk of being pummelled with fruit, I loved the Quantum Leap finale. It was gut-wrenching, but a very touching and appropriate way to end the series.
                              *pummels Darren with fruit*
                              really? While I agree reuniting Al and Beth was heart wrenching and highly appropriate, when they put up the bit about Sam never making it home I felt like they'd punched me in the stomach and then given me a good swift kick in the kidney while they were at it The way they ended the series has tainted how I view any series I've become addicted to since. For me, Stargate has only recently surpassed QL as my all time fav show, and a lot of that has to do with how betrayed I felt coming out of the QL finale. I can see how intellectually you could make the argument that Sam leaping off into oblivion was an appropriate choice, but I guess emotionally it trashed me (see, look, 10 years later and I'm still fuming!).

I guess it depends on how TPTB want to use the finale of any series. Do they want to end it appropriately, intellectually or emotionally, are they tying into a planned movie or mini-series, are they rewarding their viewers for loyally following the show for x years, or is the whole thing a giant "screw you" to everyone involved (ie. the network) with the viewers caught in the crossfire?
                              Me? bitter? naaaahhh
                              I can respect your opinion, even if in this case I wildly disagree with it food fight!

Comment

When people say "leaping off into oblivion" what do you mean? As in, doomed to leap forever, or what?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X