Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Major General

Default Re: New Quantum leap series?

Quote Originally Posted by Panixs View Post
    I have just read an interview that basicly conferms that a new Quantum leap series is being made. its at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Oct4.html

and the bit about QL is;
    Harrisburg, Pa.: "Quantum Leap" was one of the greatest shows of all times. I recall when it was cancelled, someone stating that there is always a possibility that the show could return someday. I know it has been several years, but is there still some chance of reviving the show and giving it a second chance?

Donald P. Bellisario: I am working with Universal's scifi channel to create a new Quantum Leap which would have Stockwell as a regular and Scott Bakula appearing at least in the first episode which would introduce a young female leaper.

hopefuly this will explain some stuff in the last QL episode about why Sam never made it home

Well, its been 10+ years since that little titbit came out and many of us are still waiting on the redo!
    GRR!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigater View Post
    happily ever after??
    um, were we watching the same show?? I liked that they got Al back together with his wife, but Sam leaping off into nothingness!!! man, I cried like a little baby!
    You are not the only one!.. QL is the first time (and 2nd, 3rd all the way up to iirc 12 now) tv shows that has brought me to tears with some of its episodes.. Prior to Meridian for Stargate, no other show had be close..

Quote Originally Posted by X-Man View Post
    he was given a choice by a mysterious bartender, who owned a bar which played host to cast from previous episodes.
    I wonder if that bar was where SG got the idea for the Diner scene where Danny got stranded when he was picking a fight with anubis/oma..

Quote Originally Posted by walterIsTheMan View Post
    I loved Quantum Leap. My favorite episode was the one where he does get home and Al takes his place (I forget epi name). Other than that, no he never gets home. Great great show.
    That certainly is in my top 10 ep list for QL..

Quote Originally Posted by jazz! View Post
    It was after the ep where Sam gets electric shock and exhibits the multiple personalites of the past people he leaped into........

he and Al swap places at the end......Shock Theatre->The Leap Back!!!
    a genius pair of stories
    Even just thinking about that shock theater episode brings me close to tears, just having to watch sam get more and more mentally messed up to where Al and co almost lose him for good.. IMO its just as outstanding of an acting job as Michael shanks in the Lifeboat episode..

Quote Originally Posted by SaberBlade View Post
    but the part about Sam controlling his leaps suggests he could go home but something is stopping him. it is possible that he had one chance to return home but he sacficed it for Al. we saw that when it comes to Al, Sam would risk being lost in time (which was a great episode)
    I always hated that line. Especially since there's been plenty of times he WAS trying to stay somewhere to do good, and "Bam" gets leaped out". If he was in anyway control of it, he certainly didn't LOOK LIKE IT..

Quote Originally Posted by HyperCaz View Post
    just watched M.I.A. for the first time. omg, I bawled my eyes out. I literally sobbed. Poor Al! I really feel sorry for him. at least there's a reason to why he hasn't settled down. poor guy.
    Join the crowd. Quantum leep has a # of episodes that make you wanna break out the tissues!

Quote Originally Posted by Descent View Post
    I love Quantum Leap.

My favorite episode was the one where Sam leaped into Lee Harvey Oswald. So dark and so compelling on a lot of levels.
    It was Very Eery how it seemed Lee Harvy had some actual Control over things, unlike every other body sam's been leeped into.. And i agree, it was Dark and compelling..

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Where has this thread been my whole life?
    With as long as i have been on this site, i am surprised to hell i have not seen this thread before now..

Default Re: Quantum Leap Discussion/Appreciation

I just found out that Quantum Leap is now on the El Rey Network., thanks to gnoel809 and this thread and will make it's debut on the channel Monday at 8 pm EST. It's still on Cozi TV too but on at 2 am EST time instead of 1 am EST time starting in the new year.

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |
    My Mini City - Rygel City

Yes...I might have to check this series out on El Rey. I saw bits and pieces of it when I was a kid...but I never really got into it back then.

I enjoy the series and got into it when there were reruns on SYFY when it was Sci-fi. I've even written fan fiction for the show. The nice thing is Mill Creek Entertainment released the series on DVD with most of the original music back and no double sided DVDs unlike the Universal DVDs where most of the music was replaced and the DVDs where double sided except for season 1. It's the only series where I have the entire series on DVD twice, the Mill Creek version and the Universal version. I even have one Quantum Leap novel called Song and Dance which I read, My Maternal Grandmother read, and my Mom read. My Maternal Grandmother watched the show when it first aired as did my Mom so I consider them Leapers.

Signs by Scifan and me. | MY Website - Planet TV | My Sanctuary RPG | My Stargate SG-1 & SGA RPG |

Quantum Leap was quality television. Something sadly lacking in today's programming.
    Total syffy posts: 36,690
    (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    Matthew 5:9

Probie

My mum liked Quantum Leap and I'd watch it with her as a kid.
    Shaped my love of sci-fi. It was ahead of it's time in dealing with social
    and political issues (although I assume that Al wouldn't be appreciated these days).

I just thought I would mention that Quantum Leap is now on IMDB Freedive.

IMDb Freedive: Watch Movies and TV Series for Free