This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-using Sound Effects

So I was re-watching 'The Fifth Race' there the other day and it was at the part where Jack made it to the Asgaurd. Then whichever Asgaurd it was raised his hand to cure Jack....when all of a sudden I heard the weapon from the Ori ship firing. It was the exact same sound effect, I thought that was weird...but then it happened again tonight in 'Deadmans Switch.'

Seriously, check it out.
    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
    O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Re-using sounds effects means they have more money to put towards special effects, hiring guest stars, and more comfy chairs for the staff.

Comment

Yeah, I've noticed that on Deadman's switch regarding the Ori beam weapon sound. Also, the sound of the Asuran hand gun firing seen in "Progeny" and "The Return, Pt. 2" is the same sound that O'Neill's replicator disruptor makes!

AGT58

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobing View Post
        Re-using sounds effects means they have more money to put towards special effects, hiring guest stars, and more comfy chairs for the staff.
        Or they could be just lazy !!!

Comment

Just be thankful they still haven't (to my knowledge) ever resorted to using the Willhelm Scream.

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
            Or they could be just lazy !!!
            Remember, when you criticize every little detail of the new seasons and use it to show that the show is jumping the shark, remember that in old episodes the IDC was recieved before the Gate opened.
            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
            -Audioslave

Comment

They have noticibly re-used actors, props, locations and sets. So, its not all THAT surprising that sound effects have also been reused.

But great for noticing!

Comment

Oh I wasn't complaining..I just thought it was funny...condiering what I'm used to seeing every time I hear the Ori ship firing...yet it was directed at Jack's head.

Originally posted by full.infinty
                remember that in old episodes the IDC was recieved before the Gate opened.
                No it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                  Remember, when you criticize every little detail of the new seasons and use it to show that the show is jumping the shark, remember that in old episodes the IDC was recieved before the Gate opened.
                  Oh, I REALLY hated that!! Why did they even do that? I mean, if they did that today, it would be possible with subspace communicators and all but back then, they didn't have alien tech except for Tealc's staff weapon, and of course, the gate itself. It seems they only did that in the first season.

AGT58

Comment

When did they ever do that?
                    What episodes?

Comment

Several eps, but the one I can remember right now is "Singularity" right when they wanted to send Cassie back through the gate.

AGT58

Comment

Working...
                      X