My Enemy's Enemy (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SierraGulf1 View Post
    I know nothing about it, but it seems the only show I can think of that fits is Andromeda.
    We have a winner here, ding, ding. Congragulation Sierra Gulf one. You have found the right answer, thanks for playing.

Comment

Through most of the episode i couldn't decide if I was pleased to see Sonak again or not, and I think I concluded I am happy, but hope this is the last we see of him for a while. He and Sivea seem to be getting a little bit repeatative.

For some reason the episode felt very simmillar to Preservation, a couple of simillar plot points, ending act two with a big explosion for instance.

The episode did surprise me. I was suspicious of the suspicions surrounding Der'ash and thought that perhaps Sonak was manipulating things towards his own ends. His mental illness seemed to come from nowhere, but managed to come together okay.

A nice sense of forboding developing regarding the war.

I do agree with some of the earlier comments. The season is starting to feel a little too busy and complex, there are so many factions within species it's hard to keep track of everything. Hoping to see some strands tied up in the near future. That said it's possible I'm not keeping track as well because I've not read Horizon for such a gap.
      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
        Through most of the episode i couldn't decide if I was pleased to see Sonak again or not, and I think I concluded I am happy, but hope this is the last we see of him for a while. He and Sivea seem to be getting a little bit repeatative.
        Indeed, it is the last we see of him for quite a while.

The episode did surprise me. I was suspicious of the suspicions surrounding Der'ash and thought that perhaps Sonak was manipulating things towards his own ends. His mental illness seemed to come from nowhere, but managed to come together okay.
        Well, originally we were going to have a story focused on Sonak and him obtaining this mental illness, but we decided to work it into this one. While it may have seemed out of the blue, it did, as you said, add a little bit of suspicion of him and brought up the question of whether or not Der'ash or Sonak were telling the truth.

A nice sense of forboding developing regarding the war.
        Indeed, the events of this episode play a huge part in what comes later on.

I do agree with some of the earlier comments. The season is starting to feel a little too busy and complex, there are so many factions within species it's hard to keep track of everything. Hoping to see some strands tied up in the near future. That said it's possible I'm not keeping track as well because I've not read Horizon for such a gap.
        I can see what you mean, in that there are a lot of divisions throughout. We've got the Vorians, who split into the Kih'Andari, who have their own little rogue faction within them. With the Draque, some have joined Sivok's crew, some the Enoly, and some are still wandering the galaxy. A lot of these loose ends will be tied up a ways down the road, and in the mean time I think the more you read of them the easier it'll become to understand.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
          This was an interesting episode that clearly advances the Vorian Civil War. It also shows the kind of man that Vahernt is. Even thought, he is on opposite side than the Vorians, he has to dignity to fight with the proper war rules. Don’t get me wrong, he is still the bad guy but shows that despite their beliefs the majority of Kir’Adhari are honorable people. I sure was to see this episode advanced the friendship between Sievea and Sonak. I truly believe Sonak was sincere (time will tell if I’m right) in his beliefs that the acting head council was trying to overthrow Vahernt. This episode produced a lot of unanswered questions. Who alerted the Vorian the to Kir’Adhari presence. Is Sonak right or is the new High Council right. It is hard to trust either group when you weigh in Sonak’s mental state. I am very curious to see these questions answered. I almost forgot to mention the biogentic weapons. I really hope that Sonak was senile, because that spell doom for the Horizon team. This has to be shortest review yet. 4/5

NOTE: I apologize for not writing a review on the past two episodes but my Internet has been acting up. Luckily, it is now fixed
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

The beauty of these re-reads is I can't remember the finer details of the future episodes so it's like it's still new to me. I honestly wasn't sure whether I believed Sonak or not. I've gotta say, Mike has a way with words and I truly enjoyed this episodes. A few points, however:

Spoiler:
            - Why didn't Sonak and Sivea just move the guards into the chamber?
            - Why did they see the inbound Gates address? Doesn't work that way.
            - Why did they just let Sonak through and not meet him on a neutral planet. Seemed dangerous.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Spoiler:
              - Why didn't Sonak and Sivea just move the guards into the chamber?
              - Why did they see the inbound Gates address? Doesn't work that way.
              - Why did they just let Sonak through and not meet him on a neutral planet. Seemed dangerous.
              Hmm. I'm not sure what you mean by moving the guards into the chamber since it's been a while that I've read the episode. And I'm also not sure about the second one, but if you mean why did Horizon see the inbound gate address, they do see what address the gate is being dialed from. But let me know if that's even what you meant.

And I just checked, there's a line in there where Callen tells the Vorian Technician to send a probe through before they let Sonak through the gate, to make sure that he's alone.
              Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

They stun the guards outside the Council Chamber, leave them outside and worry about them being found. Should have just dragged them in.

Is the 2nd thing a Horizon Gate thing then? It's never ever worked that way in the other shows (apart from one comment about blocking all addresses but Earth in SGA).
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  They stun the guards outside the Council Chamber, leave them outside and worry about them being found. Should have just dragged them in.
                  Yeah, I remember that now. I'm not sure what the reasoning was there. I guess they just didn't feel like dragging them in.

Is the 2nd thing a Horizon Gate thing then? It's never ever worked that way in the other shows (apart from one comment about blocking all addresses but Earth in SGA).
                  Yeah, that's the way the gate computer on Horizon works. It's been like that in a lot of the episodes. It's like when someone calls a cell phone and the number of the caller shows up.
                  Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
                  X