Clear All

My Enemy's Enemy (307)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Three
    "My Enemy's Enemy"

"My Enemy's Enemy"
    Ep: 3.07
    Release Date: December 14th, 2006
    Written by Mike Coakley

Day'ek Sonak contacts Horizon with a startling development in the Kih'Andari ranks. If Sonak is telling the truth, it could bring two opposing forces together, or obliterate them both.
    Outstanding
    29.41%
    Good
    41.18%
    Fair
    17.65%
    Poor
    5.88%
    Terrible
    5.88%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Another Thursday brings another episode. "My Enemy's Enemy" has now been released!

Just click on the following link to download the episode:

http://www.stargatehorizon.com/syn.php?number=307

Also, look out for the podcast, which will be released probably around tomorrow.
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 14 December 2006, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Well, I loved it.

Comment

I knew you would, it's a beast of an episode.

Comment

I got to admit the whole Sivea/Grant scene was pretty cool i mean it kinda felt like Sam and Jack a little. will we see more of this kinda relationship in latter season 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
            I knew you would, it's a beast of an episode.
            One of my favorites of the season actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              I got to admit the whole Sivea/Grant scene was pretty cool i mean it kinda felt like Sam and Jack a little. will we see more of this kinda relationship in latter season 3?
              It's possible.

Comment

I liked it a lot - a good episode with lots of character development. However, I did have a few issues. At the start it seemed like the Kih'andari plotline would be great for creating lots of intrigue, and there was obviously a great deal of espionage etc, but I never really felt like the team was under threat - the whole thing just felt a little flat. They were inside an enemy base, and yet they seemed as comfortable there as they do on Vorian. Maybe it's just me, maybe the script format didn't get the tension across to me as well as usual, but episodes where the team cooperate with the enemy - Allies, Reckoning etc should have this tension.

Actually, I have one other complaint about Horizon - you've got too many "important" bad guys. We've had Sivok, but he went good, the Sentinels, who you've destroyed (mostly), mediator Dureg, Loral, Vah'ret + Der'ash, etc. I just wish you'd give us a Kolya type villain, like Sivok in the first series - a bad guy who we can really hate, rather than lots of interchangable ones. It kinda seems like you want to do a Buufy-type series, where each season has a new big-bad - 1. Draque, 2. Enoly, 3. Kih'andari.
                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael View Post
                  I liked it a lot - a good episode with lots of character development. However, I did have a few issues. At the start it seemed like the Kih'andari plotline would be great for creating lots of intrigue, and there was obviously a great deal of espionage etc, but I never really felt like the team was under threat - the whole thing just felt a little flat. They were inside an enemy base, and yet they seemed as comfortable there as they do on Vorian. Maybe it's just me, maybe the script format didn't get the tension across to me as well as usual, but episodes where the team cooperate with the enemy - Allies, Reckoning etc should have this tension.
                  That's very true. But the difference here is that the Kih'Andari aren't the enemies of the humans/ISGC, which is the only reason this story worked in the first place. The Vorian/Kih'Andari war is an internal Vorian matter, in which ISGC has no interest in getting involved with. Which, obviously, isn't very easy, considering Horizon. An episode in the latter half of this season will deal with that actually.

Actually, I have one other complaint about Horizon - you've got too many "important" bad guys. We've had Sivok, but he went good, the Sentinels, who you've destroyed (mostly), mediator Dureg, Loral, Vah'ret + Der'ash, etc. I just wish you'd give us a Kolya type villain, like Sivok in the first series - a bad guy who we can really hate, rather than lots of interchangable ones. It kinda seems like you want to do a Buufy-type series, where each season has a new big-bad - 1. Draque, 2. Enoly, 3. Kih'andari.
                  I'm not sure if I'd call Sivok a "good guy." It's hard to know wether or not you can always trust him; i.e. what would he have done had he gotten his hands on the biosphere in "Revolution?" I have a feeling it wouldn't have been a good thing for everyone; after all, he does consider the Draque to be superior to humans and other species (see "Absolution" and "Parti Pris"), and he did admit to Lonik that he doesn't know what he'll do in the long run with regards to the humans or Vorians. Right now his focus is to lead his people back to a position of power. Once he does that, who knows?

A little off topic, but I'm just saying... who knows in which direction Sivok will end up going eventually.

But yeah, so far the focus of every season has actually shifted a little, which is a very concious effort. But I wouldn't say the Enoly aren't a significant part of this season; we just haven't gotten there just yet. But you'll see what I mean once we get to the mid-season two parter.

Comment

Since Alex already explained the first point:

As far as bad/good goes, I'm not sure I'd consider two of them: Vahret and Sivok, as either. Like Alex said, Sivok seems to be looking out for his own interests, and it seems that at the moment they happen to coincide with those of Horizon. As for Vahret, he's leading his people and fighting for his beliefs.

As far as the rest go, I wouldn't say the bad guys are interchangable. In the first series, the Draque were prevalent, but the Enoly took center stage in season two after the Sentinels and many of the Draque fell. The Draque served as an introduction to the Ascendant Empire, and I don't think we're done with them yet.

Now it may seem like the same is happening this season: The Enoly suffered a huge blow at the end of the last season and we haven't heard from them since. However, it may not be evident now, but I would still consider the Enoly the biggest bad guys. The Kih'Andari are simply more prevalent in the first half of the season because the Vorians have just gone to war with them, and I'm sure the Enoly have some recovering to do.

I promise you, we aren't creating bad guys, destroying them, and creating new ones. The Draque, the Kih'Andari, the Enoly, and the Sentinels all have their place in the series, and I think people will better see how this all fits together by the end of this season.

Lastly, I wouldn't say Loral and Dureg are interchangable with any other villains at all.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

This biogenic weapon sound really imposing, but it does seem kinda close to the modified symbiote poison that Saunders had. (On a side note, I'm reading a Clive Cussler book with a similar viral based biological weapon atm, a really nasty one, cyanide gas primary with smallpox secondary)

The off-station activation line cracked me up, not only is it true, but it rhymes as well!

I'm glad you settled the Dissipation weapons issue, as they were starting to get annoying.

Altogether a good episode, but some of Lenori's lines seemed a bit flat.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

This biogenic weapon sound really imposing, but it does seem kinda close to the modified symbiote poison that Saunders had. (On a side note, I'm reading a Clive Cussler book with a similar viral based biological weapon atm, a really nasty one, cyanide gas primary with smallpox secondary)
                        Perhaps it is similar, but I believe this one might have some very different effects and a larger scale, that is, if it actually exists. Perhaps the rogue Kih'Andari plan to use it to rain E. Coli down upon the Vorians.

The off-station activation line cracked me up, not only is it true, but it rhymes as well!
                        I actually never realized they rhymed. Go figure.

I'm glad you settled the Dissipation weapons issue, as they were starting to get annoying.
                        Settled? Yes. Last we've heard from them? Stay tuned for "Adrift."

Altogether a good episode, but some of Lenori's lines seemed a bit flat.
                        Didn't seem that way, but writing an episode destroys ones ability to look at things objectively, so I don't know for sure.

Glad folks liked the episode so far.
                        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                        Stargate Destiny, Fan
                        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Realy liked this episode, very slow beginning but it was intersting how it all worked out. I have a feeling that Callen is in for some deep Kimchie. Loved how Sato put the Valiant in between the enemy ships, even though I did see that a mile away. Another point is, good team episode it more or less focused on ideology then any one character.
                          Now, on point that I did notice, that was a nice thing between Grant and Sivea. It did seem like Jack/Carter, which this is interesting because i sort of point to SG-1 season three as when they started to become interested in one another.
                          Back on topic though. I do not like, and acually am started to get a little aggravated by the web of interest involving Sivea. Also reminiscent of SG-1 in a way, but even more so of Atlantis. I mean, Grant, Bay'lar, and Sonak. This is getting complicated, because all three of them seem to care for her, and she apparently cares for them in a way, and it is unclear how much. Which is my complaint, I think that this is starting to detract from the central plot. Write it so she can make up her mind, or just to drop it.
                          And ion a lighter note. I think its interesting how you are making it so that you cannot hate your bad guys, or hard to. All of them seem to be ethically motivated, motivated for the best of their people. Sonak, and Saunders, both of those two have a lot in common. Then you do have Sivok who has turned into a dubious ally. The only bad guys who you can hate are the Enoly, they are evil, and Der'ash. But we don't know enough about him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Back on topic though. I do not like, and acually am started to get a little aggravated by the web of interest involving Sivea. Also reminiscent of SG-1 in a way, but even more so of Atlantis. I mean, Grant, Bay'lar, and Sonak. This is getting complicated, because all three of them seem to care for her, and she apparently cares for them in a way, and it is unclear how much. Which is my complaint, I think that this is starting to detract from the central plot. Write it so she can make up her mind, or just to drop it.
                            Sonak isn't interested in Sivea in a romantic way, and there never was any romantic history between the two of them; even though I'm sure he's fully aware of how attractive she is, as we all are, of course. But they were just very good and very close friends.

As for how Grant and/or Bay'lar feel about Sivea, and how she feels about them, check out "Resurfacing" for more on that. That's all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
                              Sonak isn't interested in Sivea in a romantic way, and there never was any romantic history between the two of them; even though I'm sure he's fully aware of how attractive she is, as we all are, of course. But they were just very good and very close friends.

As for how Grant and/or Bay'lar feel about Sivea, and how she feels about them, check out "Resurfacing" for more on that. That's all I can say.
                              More subtle very annoying hints of things to come. Well I look forward to reading the episode, and having, hopefully some of these questions answered, just I want to read it wihout the subtle hints that drive one up the wall in speculation.

Comment

Working...
                              X