This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about end of season 7/Stargate Atlantis - Spoilers

Hi all, not sure if Im in the right place to pose this question but here goes. In Australia we are only coming to the end part of Season 7 although Im ahead in eps due to my dvd collection. What is confusing me is at the end of Season 7 a new "head" of SGC is introduced as "Dr. Elizabeth Weir". When sussing out other Stargate links and also the new Stargate Atlantis there seems to be another Dr. Weir, well its certainly not the same woman playing the part. This is causing me some confusion and Im also wondering why if its the same character did they change actor?!?!?

They recast the role.

Comment

As wyrminarrd said, they recast the role To get more in-depth, they said they wanted someone who showed confidence and power (i think that was the words) probably not, but i'm still unsure if they had any hatred between the original actress and the people who recast her, i don't know
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thanks for the headsup but it would be interesting to know WHY they changed the actors, I didnt exactly give the first "Dr. Weir" much of a chance to "get into" the role so to speak. At this point I cant make comparisons as we dont have Stargate Atlantis showing here and more than likely wont ever get it. Here in Australia we have to battle to get anything Sci-fi as there is only a small audience for this particular genre.

Comment

At least you do get it there in Australi, here in Iceland not a single episode of SG-1 has been showed

If I want sci-fi I have to go out and rent it or dl it.

Comment

could be any reason. Money, sickness, no longer avail... and so on

Comment

I don't think a "definative" answer exists. It might be anything from contract disputes to them realizing that she wasn't exactly what they had in mind for the character.

Comment

Wasn't it due to the fact they'd planned on ending SG1 at S7, and then decided to actually go ahead with the spin-off (Atlantis) and S8? And they ended up recasting because Jessica Steen was no longer available?

Comment

Working...
                X