This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot list on Galactica

OK, from the most recent episode, "The Passage", the camera pans over a list of the pilot flowchart. I've written down all the pilots I could see visible in the frames.

Totally- 4 squadrons of 10 pilots each, headed by a squadron leader, and those 4 leaders report to the CAG. At the bottom of the chart were some additional names, but the camera was too blurry, couldn't make out what it said.

Only 45 pilots? I thought the Pegasus had a whole bunch of pilots and Mark VIIs!

To save my hands, I'm only listing the pilots by their callsigns.

CAG
    : Kat (posthumously promoted, though Lee will prob. carry on as pseudo-cag.)

4 Squadron Leaders (only 3/4 names visible):

Two Timer
    Starbuck
    Apollo
    Unknown pilot (left hand most side of the chart, could not see who it was, Whiplash maybe?)

Apollo's Squadron (only 5/10 names visible):

Narcho
    Switch
    Chopper
    Hiccup
    Tailgate

Starbuck's Squadron (only 4/10 names visible):

Helo
    Hotdog
    Raygun
    Fuzzy

Two Timer's Squadron (only 6/10 names visible):

Athena
    Racetrack
    Sever
    Showboat
    Spender
    Feline

athena and racetrack pilot raptors. so its safe to say that they dont even put 45 vipers in the air. Two timer is probably a raptor squadron, or, each squadron could include 1-2 raptors.

After all this time running, people getting killed here and there, equipment failure, they are probably fairly low on vipers and pilots.

Comment

Originally posted by thefather View Post
      athena and racetrack pilot raptors. so its safe to say that they dont even put 45 vipers in the air. Two timer is probably a raptor squadron, or, each squadron could include 1-2 raptors.

After all this time running, people getting killed here and there, equipment failure, they are probably fairly low on vipers and pilots.
      But the Pegasus had a full complement of pilots and fighters, and since the Pegasus' demise, the Colonials haven't had very many battles since then.

Comment

the pegasus didnt launch fighters in the airlift off NC. its safe to assume that while the crews may have made it off the battlestar, the fighters did not, barring a few raptors. also remember in 3..... 05? where racetrack said "too many pilots, not enough vipers, anything to keep me flying."

Comment

Originally posted by thefather View Post
          the pegasus didnt launch fighters in the airlift off NC. its safe to assume that while the crews may have made it off the battlestar, the fighters did not, barring a few raptors. also remember in 3..... 05? where racetrack said "too many pilots, not enough vipers, anything to keep me flying."
          Didn't Adama say in Exodus Pt II that Pegasus would have launched all their Vipers and Raptors before joining the fight- and left those Vipers to gaurd the fleet, so safe to say that Lee didn't just let a bunch of perfectly good vipers go down with Peggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
            Didn't Adama say in Exodus Pt II that Pegasus would have launched all their Vipers and Raptors before joining the fight- and left those Vipers to gaurd the fleet, so safe to say that Lee didn't just let a bunch of perfectly good vipers go down with Peggy.
            Exactly. Lee probably would've launched the vipers and raptors to guard the civilian fleet while he jumped to join the galactica.

Comment

BTW, have we ever seen the squadron leader 'Two Timer'?

Comment

Originally posted by somedude View Post
                BTW, have we ever seen the squadron leader 'Two Timer'?
                Not to my knowledge. Hopefully we see him/her in future eps. Maybe He/She was a pilot from the Pegasus...
                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I think they have more than 45 pilots, but they probably don't have more than 45 Raptors.

Comment

Whiplash prolly is the leader of the 1st squadron, i think it would make the most since, he stayed on the fleet the entire time everyone else left. Most likely I imagine he was CAG on the pegasus.

Also Two Times name is Ricky Richardson

Also I just watched it several times, there is a list at the bottom of the board of names as well, all 2 sets of horizontal lines. Whatever the word is, its 10 letters long, cant make anything out of it. I counted at least 6-8 names down there to boot.

Comment

You're making a big assumption: That this chart is a *complete* list of pilots on Galactica. OTOH, it might be simply the "active" roster. Since the Galactica, with one flight pod, can really only handle flight ops for about 40ish fighters, it makes sense that only 40 or so pilots would be active at a time.

One of the issues they ran into was the fact that pilots didn't get a break or down-time before New Caprica. Now that they have many pilots and fighters (or at least many pilots, as it was never established how many vipers were still aboard Pegasus during her final fight), they can definitely rotate pilots on and off duty. Thus, it would make sense to have a chart of only the active pilots. Since the nametags are removable, as pilots rotated on/off duty, you could easily add/remove them from the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by hoof View Post
                        You're making a big assumption: That this chart is a *complete* list of pilots on Galactica. OTOH, it might be simply the "active" roster. Since the Galactica, with one flight pod, can really only handle flight ops for about 40ish fighters, it makes sense that only 40 or so pilots would be active at a time.

One of the issues they ran into was the fact that pilots didn't get a break or down-time before New Caprica. Now that they have many pilots and fighters (or at least many pilots, as it was never established how many vipers were still aboard Pegasus during her final fight), they can definitely rotate pilots on and off duty. Thus, it would make sense to have a chart of only the active pilots. Since the nametags are removable, as pilots rotated on/off duty, you could easily add/remove them from the chart.
                        All very good points. They haven't put the other flight pod into commission yet?

Comment

Originally posted by somedude View Post
                          All very good points. They haven't put the other flight pod into commission yet?
                          Don't think so- the other flight pod was pretty damaged, first it was the museum, then the cylons crashed through it with their breaching pod. While that has probably been patched up, does Galactica really have to crew to run both flight pods? I doubt it, they'd probably be stretching themselves thin, even with all the Pegasus officers.

Comment

what ever happened to Stinger? I would have thought he would have been at the very least a squadren leader.

Comment

Originally posted by burn out View Post
                              what ever happened to Stinger? I would have thought he would have been at the very least a squadren leader.
                              BOOM perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X