Chief Master Sergeant SGC General Griff's Avatar

Default Another one of my stupid ideas but hey if you think about it, it might just work

I have had an idea that can sort out the problem with SG1 being cancelled leaving the Ori story hanging over our heads.
    Why don't the writers of Atlantis extend the next 2 seasons to 30 episodes each. In these extra episodes some of the characters gateback to Earth where they meet with SG1 and help them with there fight against the Ori because they realise if the fight for the Milky Way is lost to the Ori they will soon turn their attention to the Pegasus Galaxy, which the Atlantis team really do not want as they have enough enemies of their own.

Default Re: Another one of my stupid ideas but hey if you think about it, it might just work

you do realize that there are going to be 2 sg-1 movies after season 9 is over, with the first dealing with the ori and the second dealing with a completely new plotline

so why have an extended atlantis just to wrap up Sg-1, when a movie (with a bigger budget the a tv show most likely) will be doing that

Captain

Default Re: Another one of my stupid ideas but hey if you think about it, it might just work

Quote Originally Posted by SGC General Griff View Post
    I have had an idea that can sort out the problem with SG1 being cancelled leaving the Ori story hanging over our heads
    The Ori story line will be completed in the first SG-1 DVD movie

Of course I know that but wouldn't be cool seeing SG1 appearing in Atlantis. It'll be like watching SG1 but in fact you'll be watching Atlantis

General

I don't like it.

Having occasional crossovers on Atlantis is fine if it serves the story, but extending the season just so we can get more SG1 is just insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by PG15 View Post
    I don't like it.

Having occasional crossovers on Atlantis is fine if it serves the story, but extending the season just so we can get more SG1 is just insulting.
    I agree with this point, crossovers can be fun (and normally are) but it would be too much.

you're just cheating Atlantis for sg-1, not right

I don't think the Atlantis Fans would be very happy about it.....
    Anyway i'm happy with the DVD movies....at least we'll get our ending there

Quote Originally Posted by SGC General Griff View Post
    Of course I know that but wouldn't be cool seeing SG1 appearing in Atlantis. It'll be like watching SG1 but in fact you'll be watching Atlantis
    This is where the Atlaneans(Atlantis Fans) come rushing in to say it is terible so it would be best to leave it at that.
    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
    new enemy of the Ori
    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

First Lieutenant JohnSheppard28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingomon View Post
    This is where the Atlaneans(Atlantis Fans) come rushing in to say it is terible so it would be best to leave it at that.

What he said.

Major General

30 episode seasons of Atlantis would be nice, but I wouldn't want the extra ones dedicated to the SGC, although a crossover here and there wouldn't go amiss...

Well I did say it was a stupid idea