The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

The purpose of this thread is to post rumors that have to do with the "proposed" 11th Star Trek Feature film. And a note for the Mods: don't merge this thread with the other speculation threads I've (or others have) created. The reasoning for this comment: none, it's just a request.

Now here's my first:

From SciFi Wire:
    The Scifiheaven.net fan Web site reported a wild rumor that Tom Hanks is under consideration to appear in a proposed 11th Star Trek movie written by Hanks' Band of Brothers writer Erik Jendresen, though Paramount hasn't made any announcement about the status of Jendresen's script or the future of the Trek franchise.
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 28 November 2006, 05:58 PM.
    sigpic

I just did a thread like this a few months ago.....

again......

I want to see the next Star Trek movie set 200-400 years in the future, where Starfleet is in shambles and is just starting to turn the tide back towards good, crazy tech, very cool Starships, new aliens races and species, to put a new fresh face on Trek........this is a recording.

Don't take offense Abydos, I can and will talk about Star trek day in and day out

Hanks in a Trek movie?, I have to see it to believe it, unless of course he is a die in the wool Trekkie and wants to do it?....that would be very sweet.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

^Yeah, wasn't that thread pretty hefty in new ideas as well? Ah well... *shrugs*

Tom Hanks?! Hmm..... Good actor. For Trek? I dunno, that's touch and go..... IMHO it should probably be some relative unknowns so there's not the same expectation around it. Could you imagine the press build up to Tom Hanks in a Trek film?

Wonder if Spielberg'll be interested in directing....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

He didn't say Tom Hanks was going to be in Star Trek. the dude that co-wrote Band Of Brothers with Hanks, might be writing the script.

Comment

Whew! Thang goodness. Well, I seriously don't think T.H. in a Trek movie would have gone too well with Trekkies....somehow I can't imagine him fitting in. Apollo13 type of a movie yes, but for ST....?

Originally posted by Morbo
          He didn't say Tom Hanks was going to be in Star Trek. the dude that co-wrote Band Of Brothers with Hanks, might be writing the script.
          Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Who thinks that this thread should be stickied?
            sigpic

Comment

Puts up hand....

I have voted.

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
              Who thinks that this thread should be stickied?
              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

What I'd like to see in a Trek movie:
                (of course not all these things would work together in the same film.....)

Romulan Wars
                Q
                A core crew of a particular series with a few crossovers (I like the idea of Q pulling someone out of the past/future and taking them to a diifferent time and Enterprise Q)
                Beyond the 24th century
                Tholians- and a Tholian web
                The Gaurdian of Forever

Here's one, in TATV Trip was shut in the imaging chamber in sickbay, Q could somehow pull him out, whisk him forward in time, say you next gen era because they need him for some reason or other (that would take some creative thinking). then they would bring O'Brian in (assuming he survives DS9, I haven't seen much of it) and Barclay could come back to the Enterprise as well as The Doctor (I'd love to see more scenes between him and Crusher), and perhaps Bashir, maybe they need to set up some sort of hospital or something.
                And maybe they could all be taken by Q to the Enterprise J to fight the transdimentional beings (In 2500-something- and that might help explain why they need Trip and/or other Ent crew- perhaps the spheres are being re-built) alongside the Xindi and other new species so that we could see beyond the 24th century. And Trip could die again, getting a "better" death this time, end up in the imaging chamber again and it wouldn't interfere with canon- and it could provide a cameo for Phlox.
                And they would pull all these people form the past becasue they might be losing the fight badly in the future and need re-inforcements. Still needs something from TOS.

And that was all thought out very rushed, but it would tie all the series together and be fun and hopefully include many of the fan-favourite cahracters.

Exciting battles, humerous and insightful character interaction, a solid story, the captain (or other character) facing his demons ( especially in XI, and XIII), and high stakes are all that's needed to make a good Trek film and that along with a little added "something" makes a great Trek film.

Comment

Details are sketchy, but I heard today that Tom Hanks is interested in the franchise. I imagine more as a producer as he did on From Earth To The Moon & Band Of Brothers than as actually being it.
                  Someone should be able to elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708
                    Details are sketchy, but I heard today that Tom Hanks is interested in the franchise. I imagine more as a producer as he did on From Earth To The Moon & Band Of Brothers than as actually being it.
                    Someone should be able to elaborate.
                    Where did you hear this from, out of curiosity?

Comment

Some TV columnist said it on TV. i imagine the full story will pan out over the next week or two.

Comment

While I find it kind of doubtful, if it were true, then that would be a HUGE development to get Trek back on track. A big name such as Tom Hanks, interested in Trek would definatly make the people at Paramount?/Viacom? look twice (unless they're 100% idiots), not to mention that more people might be drawn by curisoity if big names were involved.

Here's to hoping that there's substance to the rumour (but I'm not holding my breath).

Comment

This makes me think WTF?
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Yeah, I've heard about this Tom Hanks thing too. Seem it's plausible b/c the current writer they have working on next Star Trek movie has worked with Hanks on Band of Brothers(which Hanks produced).

Comment

there was another thread about this.

it was nothing about hanks. it was a guy who co-wrote and produced other things WITH hanks that is trying to get something to do with Star Trek. not tom.

Comment

Working...
                              X