This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to repair stardrive

Simple. Go back to planet from "The tower", take apart it's stardrive (after all, most of city is burried under ground, so they have no use for it) and bring the parts back home.

Install.

Fly around.

VISIT AND JOIN

we can't be sure if some parts of it are damaged, if all....
    and it's buried, how can you take out the parts
    http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by stargate maniack View Post
      we can't be sure if some parts of it are damaged, if all....
      and it's buried, how can you take out the parts

Beam them out...
      Rodney goes down, takes a look around, finds what he needs and Deady beams the parts and flies them to Atlantis.

Pretty simple.
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

a) This issue has already been discussed in several threads - why start yet another one?

b) How do you know the stardrive from the city in The Tower isn't damaged itself? How do you know the people there would let you take any parts from it?

c) Why do you assume that, even with replacement parts, the Atlantis team would have any idea of how to fix the stardrive? The Ancient technology is so complex that they struggle to understand much of it and they've yet to find any information in the Ancient database that would allow them to create or recharge ZPMs.. so why would you assume that there is a detailed, easy-to-follow instruction manual to fixing stardrives somehow available to them?
        sigpic

Comment

a) why not? i wanted some lightweight fun on the subject
          b) i don't know, maybe it's ok, maybe it isn't.. it's possible
          c) cause if writers decide to fly the city... they'll find the way
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
            a) why not? i wanted some lightweight fun on the subject
            b) i don't know, maybe it's ok, maybe it isn't.. it's possible
            c) cause if writers decide to fly the city... they'll find the way
            a) cos all it achieves is to clutter up the forums

b) but your original post doesn't say "it's possible" - it says it a simple, obvious solution

c) well, the writers will find a way to do whatever they want to do - that's their job, to create stories. My point is that, within the context of the show and what we know about Ancient technology and the team's knowledge of it, it is more than likely not possible for them to repair the stardrive - and it's certainly not the easy task you suggest it to be
            sigpic

Comment

b) hehehe... remember what Rodney did to drain their ZPM?
              he started star drive
              VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post
                b) hehehe... remember what Rodney did to drain their ZPM?
                he started star drive
                Spoilers for The Tower and Critical Mass:
                Spoiler:
                He started powering up their star drive.... and as mentioned in Critical Mass, the first step to powering up the stardrive is powering up the inertial dampeners.. which requires a great deal of power - enough to overload a ZPM without the proper failsafes in place and... ooh, for example, enough to deplete a nearly empty ZPM.

All he did in The Tower was start to power up the system - this in no way confirms that the stardrive was in any kind of working order or was able to actually fly the city.

And that doesn't answer my point that, even if it did, it's unlikely that the team have the advanced knowledge required to salvage parts from one incredibly complex piece of technology and sue them to repair another.
                sigpic

Comment

well... at least some parts work. we don't know what kind of damage is done to Atlantis one. So combining the two, we might end up with one that works...

/not giving up

VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Thanks for telling me the stardrive NEEDS repairing (just from reading the header on the topic listings).

sigh

Comment

There really needs to be a spoilers & non spoilers board now

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                        There really needs to be a spoilers & non spoilers board now
                        There's never been a need for it before. Spoilerphobics just had to stay clear of the current seasonal boards or just screen the thread topics (read slooooowwly).

Comment

And the winner is *drum roll* Alipeeps!
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            There's never been a need for it before. Spoilerphobics just had to stay clear of the current seasonal boards or just screen the thread topics (read slooooowwly).
                            I'm not a 'spoilerphobic', I just wanted to take a look in the Atlantis season 3 board, why should I feel the need to be scared of reading things that I might not want to? A better title for this topic would help.

In a couple of months time when us in the UK overtake you guys in the US episode wise, how would you like it if I started posting spoilers casually like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpnuts View Post
                              I'm not a 'spoilerphobic', I just wanted to take a look in the Atlantis season 3 board, why should I feel the need to be scared of reading things that I might not want to? A better title for this topic would help.

In a couple of months time when us in the UK overtake you guys in the US episode wise, how would you like it if I started posting spoilers casually like that.
                              The point is that this is how things have been done for years. The Americans have always spoiled everything once an episode's been aired to the chagrain of spoileryphobic Canadians and Europeans and whatnot.

It's only an issue now because the Americans aren't the first to get the second half of Atlantis (like last year).

People who haven't seen the most recent episodes always have to thread lightly when walking into the current seasonal boards.

Besides, how big is the spoiler that our Stardrive is out of commission?

You Brits will air "The Quest (part II)" (first in the world) in about a month and a week or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X