Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Hiveships/Wraith.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamosis View Post
    Hive ships have minds of their own? I was thinking if there would be some sort of wild Hive Ship, without being manipulated by the Wraiths.
    That sounds like a cool plot idea.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kamosis View Post
      About the lights in the exterior of the Hive ships I always thinked it was some sort of comunication between hive Ships, like the fishs in deep waters.

Hive ships have minds of their own? I was thinking if there would be some sort of wild Hive Ship, without being manipulated by the Wraiths.
      I doubt it, but if they do then it would have had a labotamy and needed imput to do anything.

Comment

Well we already know that the Wraiths use mental control to drive the Hive Ships and even if a humam has a lobotomy he still has the autonomous nervous system

Comment

Has anything been said as to why, when the're telepathic, the controls that do require manual labor make sound sounds?
          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

I have a single question about your' article on hiveships. Have you considered the possibility that the hiveships were originally massive capitals ships designed for beseiging planets, but have been devolved to fit their current needs as "flying colonies," as you put it? Or that maybe the massive shipyards you theorize existed were disassembled for the raw materials needed to replenish or enlarge the wraith fleets in existance at the end of the war? All of these seem in the very least plausible in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by drewmanr View Post
              I have a single question about your' article on hiveships. Have you considered the possibility that the hiveships were originally massive capitals ships designed for beseiging planets, but have been devolved to fit their current needs as "flying colonies," as you put it? Or that maybe the massive shipyards you theorize existed were disassembled for the raw materials needed to replenish or enlarge the wraith fleets in existance at the end of the war? All of these seem in the very least plausible in my opinion.
              There indeed is an idea that the hiveships we saw in the show, besides not being as good as they would have been during the war, were converted for the era of peace and Wraith dominance. In general, a ship doesn't tend to be so massive if there isn't a purpose to that. The Wraith don't appear to fancy exuberant architectures fitting to a megalomaniac. They're much more down to earth than the Goa'uld. If there's a big void inside a ship, there's a purpose to that. That's the idea. So the vast caverns we see inside hive ships, they either had to be filled with legions of darts or used to house other things at some point. Heck, even the whole absurd path the darts have to take to get out of a hiveship, you know, flying up and down giant and tortuous arteries obstructed by plenty of smaller structures stretching from one side to the opposite one, that just doesn't strike me as practical. It's like the idea of carrying darts was an after thought. So much that the whole artery+hatch could have initially been some kind of system used to flush particles or some substances, even probes, mines, organic waste or else.

As for the shipyards, as the show advanced, we saw that in theory, ships could be grown. Whether they needed to be grown from a formerly assembled rigid metal frame/skeleton or not was up to debate, the former clearly limiting the industrial possibilities and requiring the metal frames to be built or grown by specialized organisms.
              We saw that the Wraith had cloning tech, could grow Wraith bone... erm, Wraith hulls I mean out of nothing as long as energy was supplied. Either that meant they could technically convert energy into matter, but according to E=mc², that would require phenomenal amounts of power, or the matter was extracted from somewhere else and perhaps solidified.
              A human mind could be used to serve as the mind that would then be found at the heart of a hive ship.
              It's totally possible that the use of humans or even Lanteans to grow hiveships was of prime importance.
              There's plenty of potential reasons for that, and if Ourobouros wouldn't mind, I may then go look back at some discussions we had and present some ideas here. However, they have a lot to do with extrapolation.
              It's unknown if the seed of a hiveship could be planted inside a Wraith (perhaps this would have terrible consequences, requiring the hiveship itself to feed on sentient life capable of ascension at some unprecedented scale), or if a seed can even grow on its own, bearing the guiding from a central computer core serving as some rudimentary or advanced intelligence.
              It's also particular because we can't be 100% certain that the growing capacity was pure Wraith and not a late invention by Michael, who wanted to grow his own forces. It's possible that his plan was to allow that substance, generally only used by the Wraith and on selected subjects (either Wraith or perhaps humans, who knows?), to be used on his hybrids.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
                Has anything been said as to why, when the're telepathic, the controls that do require manual labor make sound sounds?
                Nothing more than GUI convenience I guess.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                X