Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast

Chevron Irresponsible (313)

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON THREE
    IRRESPONSIBLE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313

The team discovers Lucius Lavin manipulating the people of another hapless planet, using Ancient technology to pose as an invincible hero.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 27th, 2016 at 11:37 PM.

McKay's backpack, next to the chocolate and power bars

Default Re: Irresponsible (313)

Wow, I've never been the first to post in an episode thread.

I liked it. Not the best, but not the worst. Lucius was much more tolerable here than in Irresistable. David Hewlett must have been relieved in this episode because, for a change, he didn't have to do all that exposition he normally has. Richard Kind had a lot of dialog.

And, the ending! Now, I know people are going to complain that there should have been a darker confrontation between Koyla and Sheppard. But you know what? I've had my fill of darkness with The Storm/The Eye, Brotherhood and especiallly Common Ground. This showed how small Kolya became. And that Sheppard keeps his promises.

More in another post. I just wanted to get that in while it was fresh in my mind.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

I almost fell asleep.

OK other then killing Koyla (didn't see that coming ) this was a blatant filler, we didn't even end up with a working personal shield.

From the lame start, to the cartoon bomb under the table, it was hopeless.

And yes watcher652.... I cringed at the very silly stand off, so this is how it ends, guns at high noon! After all the bad happenings it ends like that! Surely they bring him back... well they better he is the best dam villain they have!

At least we got some shots of John's crotch *hey I am shallow* I won't even start with the talk about the women and the dresses *oh dear*

I don't normally give scores but 2/10... Thank goodness this is over.

Chief Master Sergeant TheReturnOfTheLantian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I almost fell asleep.

OK other then killing Koyla (didn't see that coming ) this was a blatant filler, we didn't even end up with a working personal shield.

From the lame start, to the cartoon bomb under the table, it was hopeless.

And yes watcher652.... I cringed at the very silly stand off, so this is how it ends, guns at high noon! After all the bad happenings it ends like that! Surely they bring him back... well they better he is the best dam villain they have!

At least we got some shots of John's crotch *hey I am shallow* I won't even start with the talk about the women and the dresses *oh dear*

I don't normally give scores but 2/10... Thank goodness this is over.
    so dose Koyla die?? and how dose sheppard find his team?? and why would you give it 2/10 tbh not being horrible. you should be greatfull that stargate atlantis is showing in canada when other places in the world dont get it. and they have to buy the DVD's

Extremely disapointing!

I'll say it again Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie should never write for Atlantis ever
    This one makes their other episodes including "The Tower" look like masterpieces
    http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3609/atlantis2os2.jpg

McKay's backpack, next to the chocolate and power bars

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Frankly, I was kinda hoping that Kolya would be finally killed. He just deserved it. And I didn't want it to be big and grand. I liked the way they handled it. The High Noon western look of it. Kolya deserved the death of a thug. I really liked how Joe Flanigan played that scene.

No, we didn't get another shield, but when do we ever get any tech? They lose whole ships before they can study them. Doomsday weapons blow up in their faces.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

I was expecting the worst, but I gotta admit that this ep was pretty decent. Not the best, not the worst. A little bit hu-hum maybe.

It had some moments where I really had to LOL. (Can't remember where though.)

But there were a couple of plot holes that I noticed:
    1. So Lucius is invincible. He can take a hit of heavy objects from 5 feet above, but he can't resist the push of a man who wants to drown him. What?!
    2. Wasn't it mentioned in Hide and Seek that this Ancient device can only be used by one person after it was initialized? Clearly not the case in this ep. (TPTB will probably just say that this device was just another version.)

Can't say anything definite about Kolya. I think TPTB should be brave and kill off major recurring characters without the possibility of "yeah, he escaped, and then he was nurtured back to health by local villagers." It's IMO getting to the point where no-one ever gets any closure anymore. It started with the Apophis and the Tok'ra, and the Genii characters are no exception.

Edit: And I really liked the showdown situation in the end. I didn't expect to see something like this on a Stargate show.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif "Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...s/AngryPC2.gif (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...es/AngryPC.gif

Captain

Lo, when do they ever give them anything! Everything they get is always gone or destroyed before the end of the ep. They done it all those years with SG-1 & now the exact same thing happens many times per season in SGA as well. Heck, if they found an Ancient potato (even an alien one as well for that matter), I'm sure that'd be deemed too much of an advantage & would have to go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
    Extremely disapointing!

I'll say it again Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie should never write for Atlantis ever
    This one makes their other episodes including "The Tower" look like masterpieces
    You are aware that Mullie and Mallozzi will be writing full-time for SGA next year? That is no joke. Just think of the endless possibilities!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM View Post
    You are aware that Mullie and Mallozzi will be writing full-time for SGA next year? That is no joke. Just think of the endless possibilities!
    Mmmmm..let's see. What about 'Lou Lavin' his equally loveable rogue of a son in his own adventures around Pegasus.

Oh god I hope not, with SG-1 ending Atlantis can only support a few writers and hopefully Mallozzi&Mullie will be one of the ones to leave

Next year I hope Atlantis ditches M&M and keeps Gero, Binder, Cueperus (who wrote Common Ground), Brad Wright, RCC and maybe a few new one (actual new writers not refugees from SG-1's writing staff)
    http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/3609/atlantis2os2.jpg

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Cooper and Wright are now completely off SGA. Mallozzi and Mullie are the new executive producers. Lucky us.

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=483

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Captain

Who kills Kolya ? Please tell me John does it

Colonel

I really don't understand.They have a galaxy full of Wraiths and come out with this stupid and boring episode.I hate Lucius and hope we won't see him again

Another piece of tech we didnt get. Yet another personal shield down the tube. TPTB are starting to seem like a bunch of arrogant tollans that refuse to let us have tech.

Major General Sheppard's Delight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM View Post
    Very frightening indeed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgeureka View Post
    2. Wasn't it mentioned in Hide and Seek that this Ancient device can only be used by one person after it was initialized? Clearly not the case in this ep. (TPTB will probably just say that this device was just another version.)
    Speaking of, in Hide and Seek, Rodney couldn't eat food or drink coffee...yet Lucius is chowing down in almost every scene! I hate plot holes, and if this episode is any kind of gage for what we can expect next season, then I'm very worried. It makes me want to cry!

This is actually the worst episode this season to me, second to The Tower overall. Sure, both episodes had some funny team lines, but yuck.

Plot holes abound. In Hide and Seek, McKay was unable to eat or drink, yet Lucius was able to here. And if McKay couldn't even get coffee into his mouth, how can Lucius be dunked into water? It was like, "Oh, we still have that personal shield thing, let's use that and forget anything else we've seen about the device."

I found the episode too campy for my tastes. I don't care for Lucius at all, and even Kolya wasn't as menacing as we've seen him in the past. I doubt we'll see him again, as he was supposedly shot dead. If he does somehow resurface, I'll fnd myself wondering how they walked away without Beckett making sure he was dead and it would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, there was some nice team banter, but overall thumbs down.

And if this is the caliber of episodes we can expect from M&M as compared to other writers for the show and other episodes, especially this season, then I feel a great sadness at the thought of them taking over from Cooper and Wright next season.
    Last edited by majortrip; December 5th, 2006 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typo

Second Lieutenant female Wraith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Cooper and Wright are now completely off SGA. Mallozzi and Mullie are the new executive producers. Lucky us.

http://savestargatesg1.com/news/?p=483
    I can't believe it! Every episode written by M&M is a total waiste and crap. I wonder how the comapany that gives the money for SGA is sooooo stupid. May be their managers are fans of stupid characters like the leech Lucius and insipid plots?!
    And this thing about Weir! Total crap!
    I think if M&M are the producers of Season 4 this will be the last season for SGA.
    LONG LIVE THE WRAITH!
    Member of the Wraith' Defenders Club
    http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/
    My fan fiction

Quote Originally Posted by majortrip View Post
    This is actually the worst episode this season to me, second to The Tower overall. Sure, both episodes had some funny team lines, but yuck.

Plot holes abound. In Hide and Seek, McKay was unable to eat or drink, yet Lucius was able to here. And if McKay couldn't even get coffee into his mouth, how can Lucius be dunked into water? It was like, "Oh, we still have that personal shield thing, let's use that and forget anything else we've seen about the device."

I found the episode too campy for my tastes. I don't care for Lucius at all, and even Kolya wasn't as menacing as we've seen him in the past. I doubt we'll see him again, as he was supposedly shot dead. If he does somehow resurface, I'll fnd myself wondering how they walked away without Beckett making sure he was dead and it would be too ridiculous.

Anyway, there was some nice team banter, but overall thumbs down.

And if this is the caliber of episodes we can expect from M&M as compared to other writers for the show and other episodes, especially this season, then I feel a great sadness at the thought of them taking over from Cooper and Wright next season.
    DITTO!

Page 1 of 47 123411 ... LastLast