Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fallout (111)

GateWorld Fallout (111)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    FALLOUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 111

Matt and Audrey investigate a murder at Claire's high school, leading them to Claire and to Peter Petrelli -- who is now a murder suspect. Niki comes face-to-face her with alter ego when Jessica tries to kill D.L., and Hiro and Ando meet up with the painter Isaac, and set out for New York.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; May 1st, 2015 at 10:21 PM.

Default Re: Fallout (111)

That episode was awesome!

Step on a bug, you're gonna die!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

So... WOW. I'm glad I avoided the spoilers for this because it made for a great WOOHOO! moment.

Not sure what to make of Pete's "vision" but it's looking more and more like Nathan is going to be a bad guy, which COMPLETELY SUCKS!!

Sylar looks familiar. I need to look up the actor again.

Felt sorry for Claire. I've been liking her more in recent eps (she didn't impress me at the start) and it's a shame she's lost Zach as a friend... although what will that do to his MySpace page?

Oh, and THE HAITIAN SPEAKS!! He's obviously been keeping silent for a long time if both Daddy and Eden thought he couldn't speak. I wonder why break it now?

January. Damn, that sucks. Although all things considered, it could be a LOT worse...

And Hiro, "I need to find that sword." LOL!

EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone else worrying that Matt has a tumor?

Second Lieutenant

There have been rumors of a "Damage-like character."

I suppose that this means that Peter is that character. As he absorbs more power from more Heroes that power builds up. If he can't use it all then it is released as a huge explosion, powerful enough to destroy a city the size of New York. Peter's best tactic at the moment is to stay away from other individuals who have powers.

Staff Sergeant

A perfect cliffhanger episode. The death of Eden was a shocker but I thought her death was unnecessary because the show could really need a character like her. It appeared that Eden & Haitian got some kind of an agenda. Too bad Eden is gone and only Haitian and now Claire is going to go against her father. I wonder why Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman) is back in a cop's uniform in that sequence when Peter went into the future. Too many questions but thanksfully this isn't Lost so we'll find out early next year.

Staff Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by hyzmarca View Post
    There have been rumors of a "Damage-like character."

I suppose that this means that Peter is that character. As he absorbs more power from more Heroes that power builds up. If he can't use it all then it is released as a huge explosion, powerful enough to destroy a city the size of New York. Peter's best tactic at the moment is to stay away from other individuals who have powers.
    You know I haven't thought of that. I thought the reason Peter went nuclear was because he was around that guy that can burn up people and stuff but he wasn't anywhere in that sequence when Peter went into the future.

I can't wait for when Hiro fights that T-Rex. That better be sometime this season because the picture that Isaac drew was of Hiro without his long hair and black outfit.

So... I forgot the most important question of all: How do I get my name on the list?? I'm thinking it'd probably help if I was a heavy hitter over on the 9th Wonders board, but I hate the management over there with the white hot power of... well, an exploding Peter.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Amazing episode! And a great way to leave us hanging. But until January? That's going to suck. I can't wait to see what goes on with Peter. And I too think that Nathan looked a bit evil in that end sequence. Hopefully that won't be the case.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

The episode was okay. It was a good "normal" episode, but IMO, it in no way lived up to the hype that it was given. It's "Homecoming" all over again.

And what was the big twist ending that they kept talking about? It was down to it being either Sylar, Peter, or Ted, so the ending wasn't very shocking.

Personally I'm not really interested in what was in the painting. It just means that it will be a few episodes that we probably won't be getting answers through Hiro.

Also, the thing with Zack doesn't make much sense. He was her friend in public for two weeks, and everyone in the school knew about it. Won't he and everyone else find it strange that he has no memory of it?

Second Lieutenant Thermonuclearboy's Avatar

Whoa...

So wait...could Sylar have broken that glass wall any time? Was he just messing with Bennett?

And Bennett has finally crossed the line, I fear. He'll do ANYTHING to make sure his daughter lives a normal life. Even erase her...egads.
    Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
    I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
    What have these years left to me?
    Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Quote Originally Posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
    Whoa...

So wait...could Sylar have broken that glass wall any time? Was he just messing with Bennett?

And Bennett has finally crossed the line, I fear. He'll do ANYTHING to make sure his daughter lives a normal life. Even erase her...egads.
    It may be that either:
    A) Something was blocking his powers, but he built up an immunity to it (like he did with Eden's power)
    B) The Haitian was blocking his powers, and Claire's father assumed that Sylar wouldn't figure it out in the times that the Haitian wasn't in the facility.

TV Re: Fallout (111)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Balls View Post
    The death of Eden was a shocker but I thought her death was unnecessary because the show could really need a character like her.
    It's sad she got killed off, she was hot. And besides, if they killed off Grunberg's character, man would I be pissed, Greg Grunberg is the freaking man, he's one of the reasons I watch the show.

Second Lieutenant

Maybe Mr. bennet was the one that was doing the power blocking, and the Haitian is just the red herring dangled in front of the audience to make us think he blocks powers.

I think all the Haitian does is to wipe people's memories.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by somedude View Post
    Maybe Mr. bennet was the one that was doing the power blocking, and the Haitian is just the red herring dangled in front of the audience to make us think he blocks powers.

I think all the Haitian does is to wipe people's memories.
    What about Matt's experience with him in the bar? Everyone's thoughts were coming at him except for the Haitian's.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by the fifth man View Post
    What about Matt's experience with him in the bar? Everyone's thoughts were coming at him except for the Haitian's.
    He was focused on the Haitian, it doesn't mean Mr. Bennett wasn't there, too. Although I still lean more towards the Haitian being the source of the mental static mostly because Bennett seems to require his presence a lot in situations that wouldn't necessarily require an eraser.

Hmmm. I wonder if Claire's been erased before...

Second Lieutenant theonebluegecko's Avatar
    California, O.C., Land of the spoiled and crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Oh, and THE HAITIAN SPEAKS!! He's obviously been keeping silent for a long time if both Daddy and Eden thought he couldn't speak. I wonder why break it now?

January. Damn, that sucks. Although all things considered, it could be a LOT worse...
    It actually took me until the end of the Haitian's speech before I went "Wait, he is talking." But it was of course nice to see that, although everyone else had their memories erased the Haitian thought that Clair did not need to.

I do want the next episode now, but at least it is only a bit over 1.5 months away, much different than the 7 months for the new SG-1 and Atlantis. (Apparently NBC is not as stupid and mean as the SciFi channel)

All in all it was a great episode and I cannot wait for the continuation of the season.

As for Sylar I think that he was just buying time waiting for the right moment to escape. He was rather injured before, but it seems like he was just waiting. And I have to say that I am glad that Edin shot herself rather then letting him get to her (not that it is necessarily the case, it looked that way but we did not actually see it).
    Weir: He's just a boy!
    Jinto: I am Jinto.
    Sheppard: She's pleased to meet you.

I miss Jinto.

Quote Originally Posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
    It's sad she got killed off, she was hot. And besides, if they killed off Grunberg's character, man would I be pissed, Greg Grunberg is the freaking man, he's one of the reasons I watch the show.
    Yes! I agree, I was so freaked out that he'd die when his nose started bleeding. Actually, I was paranoid for everyone that ep, afraid someone would bite the dust pretty much every second.

I'm really relieved that it was Eden- I don't think I could have took it if it had been anyone else.

And of course, if Sylar has gained her power.....well, things just got a whole lot more interesting.

As for T-Rex.....holy ****! And Peter potentially being the one to blow up New York.....holy **** again! January can't come soon enough.

"How can you stop an exploding man?"

Staff Sergeant

Great episode. I'll just add that it doesn't necessarily have to be the radiation guy who causes Peter to blow up. If Sylar kills that guy and takes his powers, than Peter could get it from Sylar.
    Plus after what the Haitian did it would seem there could already be a group trying to save the world. And whoever gave Peter that vision is probably apart of it.

Major

TV Re: Fallout (111)

Ramble
    • Glad Jimmy Jean Louis' moniker was verbalised onscreen finally, even if it is just 'Haitian'. BTN.

• Mr Bennet has officially over-played his hand. I'd thought he'd done that way back when in the fake-parents ep, but I'm cool that it's happened by the midseason break. Run, Claire, Run!

• Eden. Dang, I was just starting to like her (as of last ep)! If nothing else, this show already has too few women.

• My theory about Peter's NYC vision: He has absorbed Teddy Roentgen's powers, but like TR, he can't control them very well.

• Peter2: I didn't really understand what was going on with him throughout the ep. Was he picking up ALL the heroes in the area and getting whacked out because of that?

• Tired of the Hawkins-née-Sanders family. I suspect this is an instance where I won't benefit from a '2nd tier character becomes bigger/more popular than originally planned' phenom.

Second Lieutenant

well it looks like though sylar wasnt able to escape at least, the last promo looked as if he was still in his cell talking to mr. bennent again, but i did like how she shot herself instead of letting him get her powers, not sure why the bullet wouldnt be able to kill him...also very interesting, why did sylar run from matt but was able to over take eden, you would think eden would be much more powerful than matt, all matt can do now is read thoughts yet sylar booked when he came around....maybe he has the same potential power level as the haitian and sylar can sense that and ran away for that reason

Spoiler:
    from what i read it sounds like peter is going to get a mentor soon, not going say who and ruin the surprise, but it will be good and hes going help him learn to control his power so he doesnt eventually blow up