Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sg1
    best good guyaniel- the guy Ascended twice for goodness sake
    best good girl: toss up between Sam and Vala-both grew and changed from their experiences but were still strong, feminine characters
    best bad guy:fifth-shows a soft side to a character who is betrayed and how that betrayal changed him
    best bad girl: Adria-the look of devestation on her face when Vala said "i am not your mother and we are not family" Morena Baccarin brought sympathy for a ruthless, tyrant who wanted to be loved by her mother.
    worst good guy: General Hammond-for a man who went offworld maybe 10 times in the entire series the choices being made under his command that affected many planets and species he was in no means qualified to handle even as the seasons went on and he should have been more able to. His leading the ship to find Atlantis in Prometheus Unbound is just one example of this.
    worst good girl: Cassandra-sweet in the first few episodes but then they relly stretched it to try and bring back the character is less convincing ways and then she was barely spoken of again if at all.
    worst bad guy: Lucian Alliance-considering the other threats the galaxy had just removed(Replicators, Goa'uld) and were fighting currently (Ori/Ori followers) the LA just seemed like a minor annoyance that should have been easily dealt with.
    worst bad girl: High Chancellor Travell-was a good person who was willing to be a horrible person and kill countless others to save her own neck.
    sga
    best good guy: Carson-all around good guy who cares deeply about his patients and the people in his life.
    best good girl: FRAN-a character who knew their role/purpose was to be destroyed but accepted that and wanted to fufill that purpose as best they could and help its creators.
    best bad guy: VANIR-bad guy Asgard. 1-all the Asgard are not dead so that is good and 2-it shows depth to the Asgard civilization-not all agreed on how best to preserve their race.
    best bad girl:Larrin-not neccessarily a typical "bad girl" but she took no bull from anyone and was unappologetic about it.
    worst good guy: Ford-is a forgettable character/not missed once he was written off and that says a lot.
    worst good girl: Teyla-she moves to Atlantis to try and protect her people but tried to assert authority on the same level of Weir from the begining but soon frops that and falls in line/doesn't stick her ground.
    worst bad guy: Wraith-needed more bad guys in the Pegasus than just one species.
    worst bad girl: Sora-just couldn't picture her as the kick butt/don't mess with me type.
    sgu
    best good guy: Matt-was raw with his emotions about his past and grew from them and his experinces in the present.
    best good girl: Chloe: the turing her into an alien/giving her alien knowledge took the character in an unexpected direction.
    best bad guy: Varro-got a second chance in life onbaord Destiny and tried to become a better person or at least make the best of his new circumstances.
    best bad girl: Ginn-comparable to Varro, whish we could have seen more of her getting a second chance possibly a relationship with Eli.
    worst good guy: Rush-thought too highly of himself and his abilities; was willing to risk everyone else's future and safety for his own gains.
    worst good girl: Amanda Perry-didn't like the whole her and Ginn interface chair storyline.
    worst bad guy: Telford-too desperate to regain leadership of the 9th chevron mission even if he was brainwashed.
    worst bad girl: Camile-at least when she tried to overthrow Young, just didn't seem to fit the character arc they continued with her during the rest of the show.

Comment

since this is the SG-1 section I'll just post the characters from SG-1...

Best good guy - Martouf/Lantash, Jacob/Selmak, Daniel, Jonas Quinn
      Best good girl - Sam & Janet Fraiser
      Best bad guy - Goa'uld
      Best bad girl - Replicarter (she was ruthless)

Worst good guy - Jack O'Neill (sorry I just find him annoying & rude sometimes)
      Worst good girl - Vala, Dr Lam
      Worst bad guy - the Ori, Replicators, Kinsey
      Worst bad girl - Adria, Nirrti

Comment

Atlantis:
        Best Guy: Rodney McKay (All hail the King of the Nerds, who actually gets things done!)
        Best Girl: Sam Carter (All hail the Queen of the Nerds!)

Worst Girl: Jennifer Keller (It felt like she was only around to be the young chick shipped with everyone, and that whole stick was in your face all the time as an annoying main plot point. Unlike the problems with other Atlantis girl's uselessness being more passable and in the background.)
        Worst Guy: Sheppard (I know that probably sounds crazy lol, but some episodes just make me question his behaviour, judgements, and how much of a 'nice guy' John actually is.)

Best Guy Villain: Kolya (Followed closely by Michael)
        Best Girl Villain: Harmony (I guess?.. Does she count?)

Worst Guy Villain: Lucius Lavin (Gross and disturbing concept. Those poor people he drugged and used. ugh! Those poor women he married! So messed up!)
        Worst Girl Villain: Chaya Sar

SG-1:

Best Girl: Vala (She's great herself, but mainly because I already named dropped Carter lol)
        Best Guy: Jonas (Dude didn't deserve the hate.)

Worst Girl: Lies, there is no worst girl.
        Worst Guy: Alternate timeline 'Unending' Daniel (Didn't like how he chewed Vala out and then somehow still got with her.)

Best Girl Villain: RepliCarter

Worst Guy Villain: All the Village guys in Emancipation.

SGU:

Best Guy: Dr. Rush (Most interesting character on the ship, imo)
        Worst Guy: Eli (Way overrated, and I don't understand why he's so 'special'.)

Best Girl: Lisa Park (So underrated)
        Worst Girl: Vanessa James (Forgettable. Only remembered her for her forced unnecessary McKay bashing.)

Best Villain: David Telford
        Worst Villain: Lucian Alliance

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantisrulez View Post
          Atlantis:
          Worst Guy: Alternate timeline 'Unending' Daniel (Didn't like how he chewed Vala out and then somehow still got with her.)
          in my opinion Daniel was right to scold Vala and call her out on her behavior, I'm actually glad that Daniel was the one who confronted her about her behavior, I think Vala really needed to hear it from him, because deep down I think she knew that what Daniel said about her behavior was right, that's why she was so emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaL100 View Post
            in my opinion Daniel was right to scold Vala and call her out on her behavior, I'm actually glad that Daniel was the one who confronted her about her behavior, I think Vala really needed to hear it from him, because deep down I think she knew that what Daniel said about her behavior was right, that's why she was so emotional.
            It's more just Daniel in general that I just don't like, but I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and just mention that version of Daniel.

The thing is I never had much of a problem with him before, but now that I just started re-watching SG-1 again I realized how much I don't like him. At least in season 1. He comes across as very.. disconcerting and hypocritical, at least to me.

I know how much Daniel is loved so I'll try to explain my reasoning.

Firstly, his whole demeanor is thoughtless and obvious to things like, he sees a woman get r*ped right in front of him in Broca Divide and he just shrugs it off as it's perfectly normal and even goes beyond that view point to justify it and says it's survival of the fittest, even though it was obvious from what the woman was wearing she wasn't a part of the 'tribe'. Not to mention the ep before where the tribe hates women and would do stuff to Carter and that theres nothing to be gained from the world, still he wants to stay and says it's fine. No harm to him, even though Carter will be persecuted. Not to mention the whole first few eps he keeps saying they should pretend to be gods because it's what the locals expect of them, then in literally the very next episode a team actually pretends to be gods and he gets self righteous saying What! You were okay with that!? Even before we learn how terribly far it went. Just really hypocritical man. Lol Also, Daniel first comes to find his wife but as soon as he joins the team he becomes OCD about every civilization no matter how insignificant and even wants to revisit after they been done with.. On one hand, I don't blame him, but man! Your wife is literally a host, held against her will in her very own body! Go find her first before you get all anthropological on ever little insignificant rock!

Sorry. I hope no one gets offended, it's just wow.. Season 1 Daniel...

Comment

Working...
            X