Best and Worse Stargate Characters etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best and Worse Stargate Characters etc

Best Good Guy for me is Major General Jack O'neill, with Daniel and Sam coming in a close second. I prefer John Sheppard over Cameron Mitchell any day of the week, even though the character has grown on me... well a little bit.

The worse good guy is Ronan Dex, Tyl'c would destroy him!

The best bad guy's have got to be the Ori. Adding Adria to the line up may not have been a good idea because personally i feel that the Ori were better when they were this all powerful mysterious presence.

I have to say the worst bad guy has got to be Ba'al. I like the fact that he show's a more human side but even when he was torturing then Colonel Jack O'neill in s6 'Abyss' he wasn't threatening or even dangerous. The only thing scary about him was his goaty beard hahaha

I would love to here what everyone's opinions are about there favourite and worst characters...

My Favourite 'Good Guy' is Jack, he makes me laugh,
    My worst is John Sheppard, he gets on my
    My favourite 'Bad Guy' is Michael, but is he a bad guy?
    My worst is the Ori, I just don't like them

Comment

BEST GOOD GUY: Jack O'Neill........need I to explain more?

WORST GOOD GUY: Does Kavanugh count? I just want to send him to a deserted planet and leave him there with no food or water.........see how he feels about being left behind....

BEST BAD GUY: Ba'al, hands down. The guy is the most resilient of the Goa'uld and never plays like he's defeated. He may have been shot or surrounded but he'll always have that great big smirk on his face. A bad guy doesn't get any better than that!!!!

WORST BAD GUY: Anubis.......I mean, come on, who really talks like that? He looks like a oil slik......more funny than frightening.....

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Bar none, Jack O'Neill is the best stargate character. He's strong, strategic, smart and most importantly, funny.

As for the worst, the only one that's coming to mind right now is Lt. Ford, but I'm sure there are others I think less of. I never warmed up to Ford in the first season and he got a bit cooler in the second, but I still didn't like him.
        http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
        Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

Best good guy: JOHN SHEPPARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Worst good guyS: mr "perfect" CAMERON MITCHELL or little miss "perfect" SAM CARTER
          Best bad guy: KOLYA!!!!!!!!
          Worst Bad guyS: The ORI

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Best Good Guy: Sam Carter. Hey, the woman blew up a sun!
            Worst Good Guy: Hmmm, I really like them all. If I have to answer I'd say Ambassador Joe (not too mention the whole 2010 thing). He wasn't around long enough to really like or dislike him, but he did sacrifice himself so Sam could warn the SGC about the Aschen.

Best Villian: I really loved the replicators.
            Worst Villian: Sorry, but I'm only luke warm about the Ori. I like Adria, but the priors bore me to tears.
            Last edited by Gate gal; 04 December 2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Just reading a few of the responces to my previous thread, I really like Sheppard, he reminds me of the way Jack used to be at the start of the show. However that also i feel is his downfall, he's to much like him. Does that make sense or am i going crazy?
              I think Ronan adds nothing to Atlantis, not the way Tyl'c balances SG1. I really like Weir, her compassion and her ability to turn on the stern authoritive figure role at the drop of a hat is great. I think Rodney is way better than Carter as a character, i do think she's one of the prettiest actors of any genre tho.

Comment

Best good guy to me, hands down is Sheppard. Actually, I see a lot of traits the same betwen him and Jack (and yes, I do like Jack and SG1!) but I don't see him as being too similar. I think its more that they both fit the "mold" of officers that seem to do well in the Stargate universe They're both unorthodox, don't mind sticking it to the man and have a strong internal (could call it moral) compass that they follow.

But, Sheppard has more "dark" aspects to his persona than Jack does. His "ghosts" are different than Jack's and that makes for a different character.

Worst good guy? Jonas. *ducks* What can I say? He seemed to be a warm body place holder for Daniel (IMHO)

Best bad guy? Can that be a species? The Wraith. Terrifying. Thought the Gould were bad, but the Wraith? They don't take you as a host, they suck the life out of you. Vampires from he**. *G* Specific individuals: Michael and "Bob" (From Seige I) Michael adds a lot of depth to the Wraith species, and Bob was just kick a** bad. LOL Have to throw the unamed Wraith from TDO in there too, if you're talking kick a** bad Wraith and the unnamed Wraith from CG if you're talking exploring the species.

Worst bad guy? hmm.. there have been a couple Have to think on that one...
                Last edited by SGAFan; 05 December 2006, 09:56 AM.
                sigpic
                My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

I'll try to make a top 5 for each category (only SG-1)
                  Best good guy:

1.Jack
                  2.Carter (not Sam I can't stand the woman)
                  3.Sheppard
                  4.Daniel
                  5.Teal'c

Worst good guy:

1.Mitchell
                  2.Landry
                  3.Mckay (only when he's acting up to Carter)
                  4.Narim
                  5.Martouf

Best villain

1.Replicarter (shouldn't have killed her)
                  2.Apophis
                  3.Anubis
                  4.Hathor
                  5.Nirti

Worst villain

1.Ori
                  2.Aschen
                  3.Seth
                  4.Baa'l
                  5.Cronus
                  Last edited by ccdsah; 05 December 2006, 09:54 AM. Reason: Forgot about Mckay

Comment

Best good guy hands down is Jack. Second is Shephard. What can I say? I love a hero. Shep is different from Jack who never really flirted with the girls except under the influence of drugs. Shephard is a naturally charming guy.

Best bad guys were the human replicators. They were really scary including replicator Carter.

Comment

SG-1

Best good guy - Jack O'Neill hands down.
                      Best good girl - Sam
                      Worst good guy - Cameron Mitchell (He bugs me a bit)
                      Worst good girl - Erm...
                      Best bad guy - Ba'al.
                      Best bad girl - Sarah/Osiris.
                      Worst bad guy - Has to be the Ori. They bore the heck out of me.
                      Worst bad girl - Can't think of one.

Atlantis

Best good guy - Not fair there's loads. John, Ronon, Carson, Rodney.
                      Best good girl - Elizabeth.
                      Worst good guy - Ford, although I hate Kavanagh.
                      Worst good girl - Is there one???
                      Best bad guy - Michael + Kolya!!!
                      Best bad girl - Sora.
                      Worst bad guy - Now what are their names??? The Alterans.
                      Worst bad girl - Dunno...is there one???

Comment

I have lots of favourites, but I have to say- and I hope I'm allowed to say this- I cannot stand the character of Dr Carson Beckett. A lot of the time the writers make him look ridiculous... I really like Paul McGillion, but have to say I won't miss him from SGA. The way they sometimes have him bustling about like an old woman reminds me too much of Dustin Hoffmann in Tootsie.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Best good guys: Sheppard, O'Neill, Teal'c, Beckett
                          Best good girls: Weir, Carter
                          Worst good guys: Mitchell
                          Worst good girl: Vala

Best bad guy: Ba'al
                          Best bad girl: Adria
                          Worst bad guy: The Ori
                          Worst bad girl: Osiris
                          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Best good guy? McKay. All those wonderful personality flaws that make him a human character and yet still saves the day regularly.

Worst good guy? Agent Barett. He serves no purpose other than to fill screentime with pitiful attempts to hit on Carter.

Best bad guy? Koyla. Koyla is an evil version of Sheppard, so that makes him a great dramatic foil to have on Atlantis.

Worst bad guy? Anubis. The writers were unable to get themselves out of the rut of relying on him. "We killed him!" "Nope, we have to bring him back somehow." "We killed him again!" "Nope, bring him back." Repeat ad nauseum.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Best good:
                              Guy? Jack (With Daniel in Second)
                              Girl? Sam (with Janet in second)
                              Worst Good
                              Guy? McKay
                              Girl? Vala

Best Bad:
                              Guy? Fifth
                              Girl? Replicarter