Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Announcement Regarding Season Three... Coming Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SierraGulf1 View Post
    Hmmm, I have a feeling that with all this speculation of major stuff you might be let down by the actual announcement.
    Yep, I'm getting that feeling too. Alex made it sound too grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wineblood View Post
      Yep, I'm getting that feeling too. Alex made it sound too grand.
      There is no problem in over selling a product. Especially when you are the exec to the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
        No mid-season break?
        Pretty much actually, at least compared to last season. There'll only be a five week break between the end of January and March.
        Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess View Post
          What about a comic book/artwork addition, although that would slow dow production a lot...unless you have a whole room of very intelligent monkeys scribbling away as the episode is typed. So, Alex, is it a room full of monkeys?
          Even though that's not what I was referring to here, something along those lines may very well be coming to life before the season ends. So technically, pretty soon there'll be even more monkeys than there already are now. And there's lots of monkeys around here. One of them is just climbing up my shoulder, in fact.

Comment

I guess perhaps we should toss out a new clue, and see if anyone will start figuring it out.

It has something to do with the number two. And the reason we're doing it is mainly because that way we can better service this large cast of ours. You'll be seeing that this season there'll be a lot of character development for all of the characters, in my oppinion more than in the previous two seasons; and that was quite a lot already. That wasn't necessarily intended, but that's just my honest impression. I think we're starting to find that the show works best when we have episodes focusing on one or two particular characters; i.e. a Grant episode, Callen episode, Sivea episode, etc. That's something we'll be starting to see a lot, especially in the second half of the season. And the trick is to juggle that with what you could consider a team episode. But I think the nature of this show is a little different, in that we may see less episodes focusing on the entire team, but on one particular character, or a group of particular characters.

I've found the longer a show runs, the better you'll start to get to know it (that goes for myself as well). And my current feeling is that the show will start to really take off with the latter half of this season, which is what happens a lot. By the time a show hits Season Four, it's usually smooth sailing. The reason for that being that the people making the show know it a lot better than they did during say Season One.

But we'll be starting to see it moving in that direction before the second half of the season, of course; especially with episodes like "My Enemy's Enemy" or "Resurfacing." They're more character oriented episodes (character oriented, not quiet character oriented), while "Trepidation" is much more of an old fashioned Stargate episode - the team going off through the gate to a new planet.

Now, what I'm leading up to is that to juggle such a huge cast (especially if it's a character driven show), it's beneficial to XXXX XX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX!

So I'm afraid it has nothing to do with voice recordings of episodes; it would be fun, but in my mind the voice actors would have to sound a lot like the voices of the virtual cast, as those are the voices in my head.

However, like I said, we will most definitely be seeing progress in the visuals department later this season as well. In fact, we already have a great concept for those infamous aliens who make their first appearance in "Resurfacing."

Anyway. Number two? More ways to develop the various characters? What do you think it could be? Something tells me we can't wait too much longer until we finally unveil this secret.

Comment

Let me a number two, may be second horizon station, be tricky to pull off through.

A wedding.,

killing of some of the characters.

Splitting the main team into two seperate teams, horizon one and two.

those are my ideas. Any where close

Comment

Two more episodes this season. That's my guess for now.

Comment

I wouldn't consider two more episodes a major announcement, in fact I'd consider the lack of ability to tell a story in the time given a little bit of an underwhelming admission.

But I agree... two more episodes is the direction I'm swinging in as well.

Comment

A spin-off.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Regarding Season Three.

Comment

A spin-off of Season 3...lol
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
                          in fact I'd consider the lack of ability to tell a story in the time given a little bit of an underwhelming admission.
                          Now, I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                            A spin-off.
                            There is an idea for a spin-off mini series that I'd love to see come to life one day. I haven't even had a chance to talk to the staff about it. It would be completely seperate from the actual series, even take place in a different time, but it would connect to something in the series in an interesting way.

But it's unlikely we'll be seeing that come to life in the near future, unfortunatly. But maybe some day.

Comment

I'd be underwhelmed because I wouldn't consider two more episodes a good thing.

Mainly because I don't want to wait an extra two weeks for my tea and biscuits, but also because I think Horizon has the ability to tell an amazing story in the time given. I think your all talented enough to do that.

Of course that's assuming it's a correct guess... and, not knowing much I don't really know if every episode is an arc one, or if there are still some stand alone episodes that are not important to the immediate major plot.

If it's the former, then I'm fully in favor of more episodes, if its the later, then I don't see much point. Also... two more episodes doesn't really sound like it would be a ambitious proposal...

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Let me a number two, may be second horizon station, be tricky to pull off through.
                                We all would like to see a second station identical to Horizon. Still searching for the right story to do that in, though.

A wedding.,
                                We will be starting to see some interesting developments, which could be described as ship. So who knows? Sometimes things move quickly, and we might get to see that big wedding this season; we all knew would be coming up sooner or later; we just never knew when it would happen. That being the wedding of Callen and... President Adari!!!

killing of some of the characters.
                                Now there's an idea.

Splitting the main team into two seperate teams, horizon one and two.
                                If we did that, we'd be making the interactions between those characters a little harder to achieve. Because if they were on a seperate team, they wouldn't get to see each other too often.

those are my ideas. Any where close
                                With regards to what this announcement is? Nope.

Intriguing ideas in general? Maybe one or two.
                                Last edited by Alex Rubit; 05 December 2006, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X