Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Announcement Regarding Season Three... Coming Soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Announcement Regarding Season Three... Coming Soon!

A couple of days ago Mike mentioned something about an ambitious proposal on my part regarding Season Three. I'm proud to say that at this point it's very certain that we'll be seeing this little development come to life.

So brace yourselves for a major announcement headed your way before the end of the month. Maybe we'll let it out as a special Christmas surprise; or maybe sooner than that, if we can't wait any longer.

I'm posting it this early mainly to get some discussion going, and perhaps see if you can guess just what in the world this could be about. I'll say that it's not directly story related. Is it indirect related to stories? Maybe.

So let the discussions and/or speculations begin. Feel free to ask questions about it as well. All questions (except for the question of what this announcement will be) will be answered.
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

I can't think of anything more major than pitching the series to MGM or making it a machinima.

Comment

Probably MGM licensed or something.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Would that make it officially canonical?

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          Probably MGM licensed or something.
          I'd be really upset if that happened.

Firstly it would close off the actual series possibilities and it would exclude a large segment of fans who don't want to read scripts from knowing every bit of Stargate fiction.

Secondly it would further damage the community. No offense to the good people at Horizon, but their series already over shadows all others just because it has a place on GateWorld and is endorsed by it - an endorsement by MGM would fully kill Destiny and any other series.

Thirdly I can't imagine any reason why they would endorse it. Horizon is a quality Virtual Series - yes, but it's still only a Virtual Series - I seriously doubt it's reader numbers rank anywhere close to the thousands, and I also doubt it comes to the hundreds. Not because I think the series is bad, I enjoy it greatly, but because it's still only a Virtual Series, a medium that has yet to make it big.

Also, I actually don't believe it's that big at all... it's more likely something along the lines of a prose adaptation of some episodes, or even a name change/full spin-off.

After all the thread title says it regards Season Three, not the Series.

Comment

Interesting. We wanted some speculations, and there they are. Not exactly what I was expecting, but pretty interesting suggestions.

But MGM has nothing to do with this actually. It's really just a little something that I think fans will enjoy just as much as we're enjoying it, or I should say as we will enjoy it.
            Last edited by Alex Rubit; 04 December 2006, 06:04 AM.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

You're going to use voice clips from all the actors/actresses that have been virtually cast for Horizon, and put them together to form audio versions of the episodes?

Comment

Now, I was going to go down the audio route... but finding decent voice actors and sound effects guys so that you can pull off such a thing is a massive undertaking.

For some reason I don't think Horizon would be able to get the talent together. No offense meant, but writing a script and acting it are not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                  Would that make it officially canonical?
                  No... only things shown in the episodes or films are considered 100% canonical... some information can be gleamed from the scripts, such as character and planet names, but thats unusual and doesn't happen too often.

Sorry for the double post by the way...

Comment

Hmmm, I have a feeling that with all this speculation of major stuff you might be let down by the actual announcement.
                    Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                    Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                    Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                    Stargate Destiny, Fan
                    Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGulf1 View Post
                      Hmmm, I have a feeling that with all this speculation of major stuff you might be let down by the actual announcement.
                      Isn't that always the case with life?

Comment

What about a comic book/artwork addition, although that would slow dow production a lot...unless you have a whole room of very intelligent monkeys scribbling away as the episode is typed. So, Alex, is it a room full of monkeys?
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

My guess is Horizon the movie. Do a virtual movie set sometime, maybe even regard a dropped or unexplored aspect of season three. But I thnk a Horizon movie wouldn't be bad.

Comment

No mid-season break?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus117 View Post
                              No mid-season break?
                              That would be truly sweet, just continue the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X