Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

random stargate compatibility question??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

random stargate compatibility question??

Hey guys,

Just a random thought I had today, but do you think if they yanked a Pegasus Galaxy Stargate and planted it on a Milky Way Galaxy world and dialed the coordinates, do you think the wormhole would lock?

Further on this, do you think if they used a MW DHD with said PG Stargate to dial out, do you think it would work. Would they even recignise each other.. or would it metaphorically be like using an infared device with a bluetooth device??

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

They would have to reprogram the gate from the Pegasus. They did it in "Pegasus Project" the gate they used was from the MW, and they said they reprogrammed it so that it could establish wormhole with the supergate. When it comes to the DHD, I am sure that they know enough about the DHDs and the gate now, they prolly could interface them together, IMO.

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

The MW gates have more glyphs than pegasus gates so the dhd isn't compatable.
      Atlantis S3 E10 spoiler below
      Spoiler:
      When the jumper leaves earth mckay dials in from a workstation in the jumperbay, so you'd say that jumpers couldn't dial MW gates, yet when at Midway Sheppard is able to dial from the jumper. So.....??

Second, where is the dhd in the pegasus project? Because carter activates the gate from the bridge by a 'remote dialing procedure'

Comment

Originally posted by Varrok View Post
        The MW gates have more glyphs than pegasus gates so the dhd isn't compatable.
        Atlantis S3 E10 spoiler below
        Spoiler:
        When the jumper leaves earth mckay dials in from a workstation in the jumperbay, so you'd say that jumpers couldn't dial MW gates, yet when at Midway Sheppard is able to dial from the jumper. So.....??

Second, where is the dhd in the pegasus project? Because carter activates the gate from the bridge by a 'remote dialing procedure'
        The Puddlejumper used in the gatebridge episodes appear to have an extra panel with more glyphs, I am not 100% sure about this but it looked like that too me.

The Deadalus propably contains the dialing program from earth, makes sense to have it with them in case they need it and using that and a transmitter transmitting on whatever frequency or in what ever way the normal DHDs transmit data to the gate, they can remotely dial a gate.

Comment

Working...
        X