X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't you fix the stardrive?

It occurs to me that now we retrun part 2 spoilers
    Spoiler:
    (the human race) has three ZPMs at its disposal woudln't the best weapon against the ori be a fully powered atlantis flying around the milky way taking on the ori fleet?
    Last edited by Skydiver; 05 December 2006, 03:35 AM.

Spoiler:
    well they give 2 away, one to the oddessy and one to the outpost

Comment

the stardrive is blown to pieces, even if we did have the knowledge to fix it where are going to get the matierals? (the one in the tower is probably in as bad shape as atlantis and getting the matierals from the stardrive would be pretty impossible...
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The last of the Ancients are dead, the Asurans won't help us, who do you have in mind to teach us how to fix it and to give us technology capable of doing that? It's underwater. SGA has no building equipment.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

We dont have the technology and materials to repair the stardrive! (Atlantis has 1 ZPM)

Comment

Moreover, if the Ori redeployed their forces to rally their fleet on Atlantis and we successful, that's three ZPMs and on of the last bastions of Ancient technology gone in one bang. Not worth the risk.
            Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
            Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
            Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
            - Serenity

Comment

also, Atlantis is a city with defensive capabilities, not a warship. don't you think the ancients would have used it offensively against the wraith if it was very good at that?

Comment

Well, it does appear the purpose of Atlantis is a bit more than how shall we say, just a city with defensive purposes.

In fact, it's been said that it (Atlantis) is more significant than a city with defensive capabilities and the ability to fly. By the great and oh so wonderful TPTB
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

if atlantis was designed to be a warship dont you think it would have been designed with offensive weapons, the drone and shields are purely defensive in nature and always have been. They may be very powerfull but they are, without question defencive weapons.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

The best defense is a good offense

What I want to see is Altantis jumping out of hyperspace and kicking Lucian and Wraith pie

Comment

Keep dreaming. the stardrive is caput and without a replacement atlantis aint goign anywhere. Saying that however, they could ask the asgard to design a hyperdrive that could be used on atlantis, that they could power with ZPM's, we already know the asgard hyperdrives are much faster than the ancients, so they might actually be able to do it, maybe even improve on the one it origionally had.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

I KNOW.... I KNOW.....

they should fix stardrive and ram Atlantis into supergate in MW (while firing drones and destroying couple tolets) and end both series with big bang? a?

VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by Tru Calling View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          well they give 2 away, one to the oddessy and one to the outpost
                          I am aware of the info in your spoiler thats why I said "available to the human race" and not "in Atalntis:. As for how to fix it and where to get the materials from presumably all that info is in the database and mckay has been prtty successful so far in fixing ancient systems. No underwater gear well now they have the gatebridge you could easily get hold of that. The best reply so far is the about you may loose atlantis in a battle with the ori fleet but atlantis should be able to out run th ori ships as it doesn't need a supergate to move between galaxies and you could test test ori shields by attacking them with drones from a jumper first before you commited the city ship.

Comment

Remember when SG1 expanded a hyperdrive field from a cargoship around an entire asteroid? Why cant the same be done with a ZPM and the daedalous? It was possible for a crappy little cargoship for a few minutes, with asgard engines and a zpm (or 3) it should be more than doable.

Of course the question is really: would it be a good story? We can justify anything for the plot. Is there anything TOO outlandish or unreasonable to be done for the sake of a story in science fiction? No....

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy24 View Post
                              It occurs to me that now we (the human race) has three ZPMs at its disposal woudln't the best weapon against the ori be a fully powered atlantis flying around the milky way taking on the ori fleet?
                              I agree. What’s the Odysseus going to do with a ZPM? It can’t put up much of a fight, all it can do is go faster and hold its shield longer.
                              With the Accent Outpost, you have to wait until the enemy comes to you and all it does is fire a few stupid drones. Atlantis can do that anyway, and take the fight to the Ori.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X