Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG-1 the video game ?? Not the PC MMO game ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 the video game ?? Not the PC MMO game ..

While SG-1 wrapping up with its TV shows here . Do you think its time for MGM to contract someone to devolope the STARGATE SG-1 Video game .

Now i know we are getting a STARGATE WORLD MMO PC based game , and who knows we all could get lucky and see taht game make it to the Consoles . Like XBOX360 or PS3 , but mainly its going to be a PC based game ..

What im talking about is building a game just for the consoles , A game that would take you throw the STARGATE SG-1 series . You would get a chance to SOLVE PROBLEMS , or READ HIEROGLYPHS with Danile , Or FIGURE OUT and BUILD New tech with Sam . DOWNLOAD ANIENT KNOWLEDGE with Jack , or Fight with the Staff weapons with Teal'C .

I would love to see a Cover Base game , with 4 Player CO-OP Option for Online or Offline with the XBOX360 .. If you have a 360 and you have played Gears of War , you kind of know what im talking about ...

I would take you on the main missions of SG-1 , at the same time you would would still see some of the Stand alone Missions , or EPS of SG-1 .. Taking you throw and reliving the Show throw the video game ... To make things more fun they could have a Full Online Battle as well .

They could build the game with a triology theme t it to start off with . Having the 1st game take you thorw the first 5 years of SG-1 . The second game could take yu from Season 6 to 8 , and the 3rd Game could be the Ori storyline ..

As a video game they could add in mroe to the Ori storyline then what was in the show itself ..

Fans keep wanting it, rumors keep flying about it, but nothing ever comes of it. A console game seems like such a good match for SG:1.
    sigpic

Comment

I like your idea Pitbull. It would be great to get a series of SG1 games based on the various season of the show, and then also maybe going into SGA as well? But I would like them to make games for the PC as well, not just consoles. I don't own one, and don't plan to buy one either. Think it would be more profitable for them to make it for PC as well as the major console systems. But SG1 games, I'd get them for sure. To bad Stargate: Alliance never seems to make it out. Is that project for sure dead? Been hearing rumours that they might finish it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
        I like your idea Pitbull. It would be great to get a series of SG1 games based on the various season of the show, and then also maybe going into SGA as well? But I would like them to make games for the PC as well, not just consoles. I don't own one, and don't plan to buy one either. Think it would be more profitable for them to make it for PC as well as the major console systems. But SG1 games, I'd get them for sure. To bad Stargate: Alliance never seems to make it out. Is that project for sure dead? Been hearing rumours that they might finish it one day.
        I fully support the PC gamers out there , and think that any game that is build for the CONSOLES shold also be done on the PCs ... Myself im a console player , but doesnt mean i dont enjoy the PC games as well . I just think the Controller ona console for 3PS and some FPS work better over all ..

As for Stargate: Alliance , that game is DEAD ... It was dead before it could really get off to a good start ... There was a few reasons for that too ..

1. they where building the game with Epics Unreal Engine 2.5 , when at the time Unreal Engine 3.0 was just about to be released ...

At the time Consoles couldnt use the 3.0 Unreal Engine , but now that is the main Engine PS3 and the XBOX 360 use's ... Same Engine they are using one STARGATE WORLDS ...

2. At the time the game was being talked about for the PS2 and XBOX , both companies came out talking about the PS3 and XBOX 360 ..

It kind of put Stargate: Alliance in a bad potion for being a new game coming out . As a Console gamer , I myself say how that the games for the PS2 and XBOX where kind of shinned off to the New Consoles coming out .. Kind of made it hard to get the new games out there if ther are new systems come out with better hardware .

Now is the tiem for them to do something , PS3 is out and the XBOX 360 has been out for a good year now . Both using the Unreal Engine 3.0 witch makes some of the best graphics games i have ever seen for a consoel game .. GEARS of WAR is just sweet , and if you havnt seen the game i suggest you check it out , sence STARGATE WORLDS is using the same engine ..

I also think a game like this could be great for PCs , and hope that MGM and the Writters of STARGATE SG-1 do think of a way to get this type of game built ..

Comment

I think I did read at some point that the production of SG:Alliance restarted, but not, the thnig still wonders in limbo.

That's just plain management. A game that looked so rich, so good, with so much content, professional character voices and near completion, you just can't understand why the licence owners literally broke a synapse and stopped everything.

They just lied in fact, telling that the dev studio didn't respect this and that, and would not deliver a game faithful to the franchise.

The hell. They even had plenty of demos, and from what we saw, it was THE perfect adventure/FPS game that Stargate needed.

So now, we're kinda waiting for a restart on a next gen console.
          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

i would love a stargate sg-1 video game and a atlantis game that would be great

Comment

Well there are a few thing to keep in mind when creating a stargate game, especially when we are talking about a game created around SG1 and the alantis team.
              A puzzle game (thats what I think of the first post) would for starters not sell and secondly would not capture the thru spirit of the show.
              What you would need is a FPS (first person shooter) that could put you in the role of a character that is new to the franchise.
              Say a member of sg-6 f.e. .
              Secondly you would need a really good story, maybe written by the show's writers .
              f.e.: you start in the sgc and you need to go get your equipment and go to the practise course, when you have complited that you and your team are called to the briefing room where you get your assignment to go to a distant planet and to go and find out what happend to someone.
              So basicly you start of with a team that needs to accompany sg1.
              You go to the gateroom and kawooosh the game starts.
              (this would be like a tutorial )
              From this point on you would be pulled into an exciting story that will take you tons of locations.

But thats not all.
              The game should be episodic.(like hl² is doing)
              So basicly you would have an interactive stargate spinnof that could keep growing and...

Also it should have nice tempels and locations with puzzels( and I'm not talking about those puzzels that have been used over and over again, I'm talking about situations that you would come accross in the series).

Now trow this togheter with a good engine, and experienced team and the help of the show's directors, writers and actors and you have got yourselfs a sweet game.

O and don't forget the kickass Goa'uld/ori/Geni/... vs Tauri/Asgard/Tokra/... multiplayer.
              With normal DM/TDM/CTF/assault (a bit like enemy territory, both teams have different classes and the attackers need to complete a series of objective, its the defenders task to do whatever it takes to stop them).

O and sorry for the lousy english

Comment

Actually my thougt on a SG video game, so it does not contradict cannon of the series is to have a rpg along the lines of KOTOR. Where you get to build your own SG team from scratch, ala, race, gender, occupation, basic skill. This game would possibly set within the SG-1 universe instead of Atlantis.

Saying that I would also love to see a game where you get to play SG-1, especially Carter. Go through the gate, get into trouble, go home, shar a martini. Sweet.

Comment

not a bad idea

Comment

Stargate just asks for action, adventure and RPG games.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Put a StarGate game under the Console as well as PC.

I NEVER buy console games. I only had 1 in my whole life and that is the old PlayStation (1).

Since then it's been PC games all the way.
                      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I'm a console player and I would really like an SG-1 game (was looking forward to the alliance but oh well), I could see something along the lines of gears of war except you can swap team members. I'd play a FPS on my 360 and I'd like RTS game for the pc, I think it would work like magic, building up a tauri/asgard/goa'uld/ancient/ori expire, building ships and sending them off to destroy other empires, I'd love it.

Comment

Actually that brings up a good point. Any one here play the Conflict series of games? That is close to what I would want from an SG game, you can esily switch from chracter to chracter, and you can give some complicated, but easy orders. Especially if this is a game where you get to be SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by visselke View Post
                            Well there are a few thing to keep in mind when creating a stargate game, especially when we are talking about a game created around SG1 and the alantis team.
                            A puzzle game (thats what I think of the first post) would for starters not sell and secondly would not capture the thru spirit of the show.
                            What you would need is a FPS (first person shooter) that could put you in the role of a character that is new to the franchise.
                            Say a member of sg-6 f.e. .
                            Secondly you would need a really good story, maybe written by the show's writers .
                            f.e.: you start in the sgc and you need to go get your equipment and go to the practise course, when you have complited that you and your team are called to the briefing room where you get your assignment to go to a distant planet and to go and find out what happend to someone.
                            So basicly you start of with a team that needs to accompany sg1.
                            You go to the gateroom and kawooosh the game starts.
                            (this would be like a tutorial )
                            From this point on you would be pulled into an exciting story that will take you tons of locations.

But thats not all.
                            The game should be episodic.(like hl² is doing)
                            So basicly you would have an interactive stargate spinnof that could keep growing and...

Also it should have nice tempels and locations with puzzels( and I'm not talking about those puzzels that have been used over and over again, I'm talking about situations that you would come accross in the series).

Now trow this togheter with a good engine, and experienced team and the help of the show's directors, writers and actors and you have got yourselfs a sweet game.

O and don't forget the kickass Goa'uld/ori/Geni/... vs Tauri/Asgard/Tokra/... multiplayer.
                            With normal DM/TDM/CTF/assault (a bit like enemy territory, both teams have different classes and the attackers need to complete a series of objective, its the defenders task to do whatever it takes to stop them).

O and sorry for the lousy english
                            Sorry but for Console games , Puzzle games with Action in them do work ... Tomb Raider , GOD of WAR and Shadow of the Colossus are jsut a few games that have been some really big hit games ...

As for FPS they do well ,but they dont really get you into the story of the game , they are mroe created for RUN and GUN style games , Witch if you follow STARGATE SG-1 and ATLANTIS its mroe then a Run and Gun style show ... It would be more of a thinking your way out type of show ...

I see STARGATE SG-1 game being mroe of a 2PS or 3PS like GARS of WAR or SOCOM , Max Payne , Star Wars Battlefront , Splinter Cell: Double Agent , Lost Planet: Extreme Condition , Mercenaries , Hitman and other games like these ...

3PS and 2PS games let you controll the player , and still get in to the character , but gives you mroe controll over who to play that player ... Gives more details on how the character looks and feels when your playing them ..
                            Also lets you do mor stuff in a PUZZLE SYTLE GAME .....

I do see what your saying about playing as a Team in the SG-C , in some other team , like SG-6 or so on . But sence this is a game about the STARGATE it would be nice to take on the role of the team you know and love .. SG-1 ....

They could still set it up where you could switch between the CHARACTERS , and already have the perfect STORYLINE to start out the WHOLE game ...

Here is how they could setup the GAME .... Or at lest START OUT THE GAME ...

Have the open sence setup where they find the STARGATE back in the day , it starts show and talking with daniel like they did with the Movie STARGATE , and take you throw the whole setup of who the STARGATE was found and how they found out it worked ..

From there they get the STARGATE Online and you take on your Opening Advanture throw the Stargate to a planet called Abydos , where you have to find out what the Stargate is about and hwo it works ... You end up finding out how the Goa'uld took people from Earth to this new planet , and thats when Ra attacks Abydos ...

You have to battle your way back to the STARGATE , and they could use stuff from the movie , but instead of the actors from the movie the could use the actors from SG-1 ....

From there they could use SG-1 Eps. with the Help of the Writters from SG-1 and Atlantis to write the Game ... Taking the Main Plots from SG-1 and puttin then in as the main Plots of the Game itself ... They could add in Side Missions , or Stand alone Eps. for Smaller stuff or just for fun stuff ..

It would be perfect to set it up as a triology type game ... We all know what happeness in the SHOW , But a game like this would have to be setup as a Triology first , and from there take it futher ...

1st game would be from the STARGATE MOVIE to say Season 5 , where Daniel ASCEND ...

2nd Game could be from season 6 to Season 8 where we go back in time to get a ZPM for Atlantis ...

3rd Game would be the Ori Storyline , and should be created with SG-1 Season 9 , and the movie they are making for Next Year ... Maybe get with the Writters of the Show for something Bigger for this one , sence it would be the End of the Triology game , Have them add in some stuff that they might have wanted to add in to the Show but didnt get a chance too .

As for Atlantis games , well i would say wait for a while for a point in the show where you could make Atlantis itself into some kind of Triology game as well ...

As fr WHO could create a game like this with a Good rep for great games on CONSOLES and PCs , I would say EPIC and there Unreal Engine 3.0 could do a great job at this kind of game ... Have MGM and the Writters of SG-1 get with the Epic devoloping team to create a Great Cover Based game like Gears of War , with some Puzzle features like GOD of WAR or Tomb Raider , with the STARGATE Theme in it , and you would have a great game ...

As for ONLINE GAME PLAY goes , well I like how SOCOM is , and I also like how Gears of War and Halo 2 is as well ...

Would build it where you have two sides of each world , and each world would have there own Characters and own kind of people on the worlds .. Like Abydos would have the people of Abydos and SG unites to pick from , and well as Goa'ulds and the Jaffa's .. Depending on what planet or Map you pick , each one would be diffrent with ...

There could even be some Space Battles , where you could Fly a Jumper or a Death Glider , or even battle inside a big mother ship ...

Comment

give me a deathglider and a good flight model, newtonian flight in space, I'll grin like mad

Comment

Working...
                              X