This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1 Cancellation & Atlantis

I was thinking today; SG-1 is being cancelled. But, this doesn't mean the end of the SG-1 character, does it?

I mean, if atleast anyone, Daniel should become a main character in Atlantis. We all know he's been dying to go to Atlantis since the beginning, so why not now? And Sam, I heard is already going to be on Atlantis a little due to her contract.

As for Teal'c and the other's, who knows. But I think Sam and Daniel would make great addition to the Atlantis team.

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post

But I think Sam and Daniel would make great addition to the Atlantis team.
    I agree
    sigpic

Comment

In some aspects I totally agree.

In a perfect world that the best thing for the show and the fans. However, I sense MS is ready to move on. In fact he as mentioned he is planning to check out opportunities during pilot season in LA. I do hope he excercises the option to do a few guest spots.
      A Symbiote

Comment

Yeah, I thought MS was all ready to move on too. I'd like to see them come for visits to Atlantis, but no permanent relocations. Otherwise, it just wouldn't be the same show. The two shows have a very different feel to me and shouldn't be mushed together just because there's some time left on someone's contract. (Contacts can be renegotiated, so that's just an excuse anyway.) But I would really like to see all the SG-1 folk doing something other than StarGate. I think it would be quite interesting after seeing them in the same role for so long.
        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

XD, I've been watching Grey's Anatomy and Anubis (well the guy who played him in the astral diner) has been in the past few episodes. It's kind of...odd.

Comment

That guy, the one who played Anubis in Threads, has been in a fair amount of things. Amanda Tapping is going to be on Atlantis next season some, but I would really enjoy seeing Daniel there, I think he would find a lot of stuff that the others have yet to find.

: Green is Good.
            sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post
              I was thinking today; SG-1 is being cancelled. But, this doesn't mean the end of the SG-1 character, does it?

I mean, if atleast anyone, Daniel should become a main character in Atlantis. We all know he's been dying to go to Atlantis since the beginning, so why not now? And Sam, I heard is already going to be on Atlantis a little due to her contract.

As for Teal'c and the other's, who knows. But I think Sam and Daniel would make great addition to the Atlantis team.
              That's actually a fairly contraversial viewpoint. Wouldn't you say that shoving in two established characters from the other show semi-permanently would actually destroy Atlantis ... you could argue that Sam and Daniel could completely overpower the established characters in the Atlantis expedition - heck, Teyla barely gets anything to do as it is. Shoehorning SG-1 characters into a completely different show just so you can have SG-1 continue in some way is wrong. They've had 10 years to develop their characters - let Atlantis try and establish itself in its own right without relying on big brother.

You've also got to remember that there are several Atlantis fans who have fallen out with/never watched SG-1. How would they feel if Daniel and Sam took over?
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

I, for one, do not want to see any members of SG-1 becoming a main character on Atlantis. I love SG-1 way more then I do Atlantis, but I don't want to see it happening. Now, I would love to see some of them pop up in Atlantis for a time or two.

And just think, if it was in reverse and people wanting to shove, say McKay and Shep, into SG-1, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it one bit. You wouldn't want Shep to start taking over SG-1, kicking out Sam or Daniel. It wouldn't be right. Switching SG-1 characters into the Atlantis team wouldn't be right. It shouldn't be done AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
                  I, for one, do not want to see any members of SG-1 becoming a main character on Atlantis. I love SG-1 way more then I do Atlantis, but I don't want to see it happening. Now, I would love to see some of them pop up in Atlantis for a time or two.

And just think, if it was in reverse and people wanting to shove, say McKay and Shep, into SG-1, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it one bit. You wouldn't want Shep to start taking over SG-1, kicking out Sam or Daniel. It wouldn't be right. Switching SG-1 characters into the Atlantis team wouldn't be right. It shouldn't be done AT ALL.
                  Exactly. Each show has it's own certain dynamic with characters and all. Bringing in folk from SG-1 would cause a shift in that dynamic which could possibly be a detriment for Atlantis. What works for one show might not (or just plain won't) work for another. As it is, there's enough changes (possibly) going on with Atlantis. I think more--especially unnecessary ones--should be avoided.
                  sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post

I agree, I wouldn't want any SG1 characters as regulars on SGA. I was under the impression MS was NOT interested to do SGA, he wants to move on I think. So Daniel going is out of the question, possibly he would show up as a guest star at some point.

But I for one wouldn't really mind McKay on SG1 in S9, had SGA already been cancelled...not that it was very likley after just a season but still...That way Sam could have been in command and McKay had gotten to take care of most of the scientific problems. But with Sheppard, we would have the same thing as today with two on the same team with the same rank (which I hope won't happen in SGA now). But that's just my thoughts on it.

Comment

Teal'c would never leave, he fights a war against the Goa'uld and to free the jaffa, I dont think he would give two ****s about the wraith inmho

Comment

Teal'c doesnt need to be on atlantis they all ready got ronen. daniel and michal would be great of atlantis. they don't need sam on all the time sents they have mackay.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 has changed very much!! Its way too different to what we have seen in previous seasons!

All I care about is Sam, Teal'c and Daniel surviving! Who cares bout the expressionless Mitchell!!

They should get rid of Ronan!!
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                          X