No announcement yet.

Preservation (305)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Great episiode Alex. And a great way of making certain things work out in the long run.

First off the Conner situation: A very long comute eh? I loved how that worked out. Now all David has to do is go through the gate, get home, have dinner, then grab the morning gate to Horizon. Explore with Horizon-1, then repeat the process. Then he can get vacations, holidays and all that other nice stuff.

The Tok'ra: I can see Lo'cal's problem, I would be concerned to. Especially considering it will take seven plus years for this to show any net result. And where will they find hosts, will we be keeping up our end of the original deal, especially now that the gate has gone public? Also with Lenori, I'm not one hundred percent sure if I can ,like the direction he and Kayla are going. Basically, right now, it is complicated. Let me put it this way, either have them move on, date, or have them go their own seprate ways for all of eternity. I think the latter will end up happening, but I want this one to get over with and resolved.

Comment

the cute little Grey aliens that everyone loves are back after another year or two of rebuilding their empire. I didn't see that coming. You should of had Thor on the Daniel Jackson. But Hermoid is good.

The moment the Conners got on Horizon I knew that somehow David was going to end up working there again...I just didn't know how you would put it together. Great job on that.

The episode didn't much of a stargateish feeling. It lacked something I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe you should have Apophis come back to destroy earth as a one time B plot.
      Maybe it was the Tok'ra thing. At first that Zatrac thing sounded good enough to have Teal'c pop in just to say
      But it went down hill for me when it turned out to be nothing.

Overall I liked this episode and this would go under your average Episodes, witch are needed to add flavor to the Great ones.
      [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
      HARRIMAN
      I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
      [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
      HARRIMAN
      So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

Well unlike everybody else i didn't find out that it was a queen they were trying to clone until that episode

It was pretty obvious to be that Lo'cal would have been the one to set the bomb i picked that up quickly because of the major simlarity to the Enoly Loral

That was an ok episode didn't really feel it like i did with the other episodes

Comment

Finally have managed to set aside some time to sit and read S3. I like the way I do this anyway, saves waiting for the next ep.

Not a huge fan of Tok'ra eps but I went into this one with an open mind.

The obvious point has been brought up a couple of times, the big mystery project being obvious, but I didn't feel it was supposed to be a big reveal, Chase even told us we're supposed have worked it out by now!

The Asguard apperence was a real surprise

SPOILERS FOR SG1 S10!!
          Spoiler:
          I assume now Horizon is AU following developments in SG1's final episode?

The character development for David was great, I really liked this little arc for him. The one thing I was slightly disappointed with was the "easy" resolution. I was never a fan of Atlantis getting in touch with Earth so easy, I liked the idea of being a bit removed, it kind of added to the danger in some ways. Still, I'm sure you guys have some good ideas for this new link to Earth

Lenori needs a mention I think, not my favorite character but he continues to develop. Grant and Chase are now starting to feel a little underdeveloped in some ways.

The biggest criticism I've got for this one is the leap of logic made by Kayla and Lenori that lead them to the conclusion Lo'Kal was responsible. They learned no new info through the whole Zatarc thing, and yet suddenly realised that she was responsible. Why didn't Kayla just make this conclusion right away?

Overall, not bad though, a nice episode for me to plunge back into the series with.
          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

You know what, I really enjoy how small the episode is. When you consider the huge 4 episode long arc, this nice, small and quiet episode fits in quite well for the fallout. The moments between all the respective relationships were nicely handled.

I do think both A and B plot was somewhat weak but it's very much the character interactions that carried the episode.

Was also somewhat weird to see the Asgard back. Gotta love those gray little guys.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
            X