Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ogmog.com/2007/02/07/hero...ure-lost-more/

The Five Year Plan
    Unlike other heroinarratives, like LOST, which have begun to meander, the Heroes gang has a five year plan. “We’ve thought about seasons 1-5 and how we might arc them,” said series creator Tim Kring. The creators explained that both specific and general story arcs have been considered far in advance. This week’s reveal of Nathan Petrelli being Claire’s father, for example, has been planned since day one.
    best news ever ...

more if you follow that link
    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Wasn't 24 getting like over a 20 last season? And according to Fox, 33 million watched the season premiere...
      Are there different ratings systems or something, or has 24 lost an obscene amount of viewers...?

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post

best news ever ...

That is excellently good to hear!

Comment

Read on into the article and you see that CBS shows actually won the time slot with 2 sitcoms.

I figured 24 and Heroes would be battling it out this season but if you look at last year's ratings for 24, they are very similar so it's not really taking a hit.

I like and watch both shows but 24 wins the time slot for me because I watch it on Monday night instead of Heroes. FOX never repeats 24. Period. (Just remembered that S5 did get repeated last summer but that was a 1st) Heroes gets repeated. (Don't tape it because we have satellite tv and you can't watch something and tape something else....)

I was watching the Monday episode of Heroes on Friday on Skiffy when they repeated it. Key word being "was". It seems some jackass or a collection of them has decided to nix that because it appears that Skiffy will no longer be repeating the episodes. I checked the shedulebot and it's not on in Feb or March. I knew something was screwed up this past Friday when instead of Heroes, Skiffy aired an episode of SG-1. It didn't click until later that this was Friday and Heroes should have been on.

Oh well....
          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 10 February 2007, 10:49 PM.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm really happy that Heroes is doing so well against 24. It is one hell of a great show though. It's nice to know that so many other people seem to think that too.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://www.stubhub.com/paley-tv-fest...liate_id=65975

MTR William S. Paley Television Festival Tickets — TV's Biggest Night, and It's Not on TV

A TV lover's dream come true, this festival is dedicated to the best on the tube, featuring screenings and live cast appearances. This year features hot shows like "Heroes," "American Idol," "The Office" and more!

For even more fun, bid on the MTR Exclusive VIP auctions and sit front row center — for charity! Proceeds will benefit the Museum of Television & Radio (MTR is not affiliated with other individual ticket sales). Show your support: look for MTR in the title below.

Paley Television Festival - Heroes Tickets 3/10 7:00 P.M.
              Directors Guild of America Theatre Complex in Los Angeles, CA $115 - $235

MTR Paley Festival - Heroes Exclusive VIP Tickets 3/10 7:00 P.M.
              Directors Guild of America Theatre Complex in Los Angeles, CA $100 - $100

more at link above

Comment

Hi,

I'd like to share with you a brand new interview with Jack Coleman, aka "Horn Rimmed Glasses", Claire's father.
                This is a full report of a 1 hour press conference with him.
                No real spoilers here but some information about upcoming episodes and a lot of other interesting stuff.

Here is the link:
                http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...coleman_01.htm
                Gilles
                http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                Ben Browder interview
                Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Originally posted by silence View Post

best news ever ...

*nods* definiitely, I was quite afraid of a lost of momentum once they resoluve their plot. Hooray
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

“Q’s House” Internet Radio & PodCast will feature a Non Fan Boy interview with actor James Kyson Lee about his role as Ando on NBC's Heroes, what has him wearing heels, Pamela Anderson Rumors, and a mutual desire to see Ali Larter in a garter. Tuesday 8-10pm Est.
                    www.QsHouse.com
                    Musical Guest is Nashville recording artist Little Texas – new single, 2 new albums, God Bless Texas!

Comment

Nice Find! Green to you!

Thank you for sticking this!!!!
                      Last edited by Doze; 26 February 2007, 11:40 AM.
                      Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Slightly related to Heroes, I've also posted this on the Spiderman thread as well

Fans will be able to legally view seven and a half minutes of this summer's Spider-Man 3 online just by watching Heroes at NBC.com.

The release also reveals that there will be a 60-second Spider-Man 3 clip with a cliffhanger of its own during that night's broadcast.

Click here to read the press release

Comment

Peter Krieg speaks here about season 2 (no spoiler):
                          http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=1&id=40354
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Tim Kring, not Peter Krieg :-p
                            Gilles
                            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                            Ben Browder interview
                            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Sorry.

The Heroes starts here in Hungary at Sunday. I can't wait!
                              Last edited by Platschu; 02 March 2007, 02:35 PM.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Just a smattering from today's (March 5th) news..

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment...sion-headlines

NEW YORK NEWSDAY
                                "Heroes" and "24" silly off
                                Silly is "Heroes" and "24."

Six weeks ago, we asked in this space one of the most profound questions in pop culture today -- "24" or "Heroes?" -- meaning, which one are you going to watch every Monday night at 9? But as "Heroes" goes to a brief hiatus after tonight (and will return in April), I now know that this was clearly the wrong question.
                                In hindsight, the right one should have been: Which show will be sillier over the ensuing weeks

**************And

CHICAGO TRIBUNE

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ng_back_o.html

Flashing back on the good and the bad in recent episodes of 'Heroes' and 'Lost'

So I've figured out why I liked the Feb. 26 episode of "Heroes."
                                No voiceovers!
                                I repeat, no voiceovers! Oh happy day!
                                Also, no Niki story line. My joy can hardly be contained. Any time I do not have to deal with that hot mess, it's a good day.

**************And

NORTHJERSEY.com
                                http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?...Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3

N.J. native does double-duty on '24', 'Heroes'
                                Monday, March 5, 2007

Imagine being married to two men at the same time -- in the same time slot.
                                Rena Sofer's simultaneous stints as Nathan Petrelli's wife on NBC's "Heroes" and Graem Bauer's spouse on Fox's "24" are perfectly legal forms of television bigamy, with a fortuitous added fluke: The two shows face off at 9 p.m. Monday.

**************And

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03052007...am_buckman.htm

March 5, 2007 -- THE creator of "Heroes" is facing a cliffhanger of his own that will leave him in suspense for six weeks.
                                The question: Will his red-hot NBC series take a hit in the ratings after it disappears for six consecutive Mondays and then returns to face off against one of prime-time's biggest powerhouses, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars"?
                                Tim Kring admits he's concerned.
                                "We're living in a time with a very fickle audience that can get swayed by anything shiny and new," he said on the phone from L.A. on Friday. "While we are off, ABC is going to have 'Dancing with the Stars' on, and I can't imagine that it won't take a bit of a bite out of us."
                                For the second time this season, "Heroes" is taking a six-week rest following tonight's episode (9 p.m. on Ch. 4). It's the usual problem: The network TV season is 37 weeks long and "Heroes" has only 23 episodes. Five episodes will be left when "Heroes" returns April 23.

**************And

http://www.al.com/entertainment/birm...470.xml&coll=2

Local `Heroes'
                                Birmingham's Ashley Crow and her husband wonder, like everyone else, about their character's fates
                                Sunday, March 04, 2007

Don't ask Birmingham's Ashley Crow where her character is headed on "Heroes." She doesn't know much more than we do.
                                "Sometimes we hear little things through the grapevine," says Crow, who plays Sandra Bennet, adoptive mom of Claire, the cheerleader who is one of the main characters in the show about people with super-human powers.
                                "We'll hear something that somebody else heard from someone about plot developments. That sort of thing. And when we see the writers, we always try to pick their brains. `Give us some dirt, dude.' But they never do."
                                In the world of "Heroes," knowing the future is key, both on screen and off. The characters' lives are often in the balance, and actors are not quite sure whether they'll have a job from one week to the next.
                                That's particularly important in Crow's household. Her husband, Matthew John Armstrong, plays hot-under-the-collar radioactive guy Theodore Sprague, another recurring role on the NBC hit.

**************And

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/accent/...sguy_0304.html

Spring TV fling Q&A with Zachary Quinto, alias Sylar
                                Palm Beach Post Television Writer
                                Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sylar is on the phone.
                                Yes, it's the power-hungry, brain-eating serial killer from Heroes. OK, it's really Zachary Quinto, the intense actor who plays the demented wacko on the hit NBC drama.

But it's hard to tell the difference.
                                Quinto's voice, after all, is a low rumble. Perfect for being a late-night DJ or... a charming guy who's fond of cutting open human skulls.
                                We caught up with the 29-year-old actor who chatted about everything from his friendship with Tori Spelling to why a car accident at age 16 changed his life forever.
                                Question: So, what's it like to play a guy who rips skulls open?
                                Answer: It's endless fun, really. I'm having a blast. It's so enjoyable.
                                Q: How do you get into Sylar's mind-set?
                                A: I connect a lot to his past. I connect to his stillness, his solitude and the things that he was as Gabriel (the quiet watchmaker he was before he started killing people for a living as Sylar). He's not really connected to anybody or feeling a sense of purpose. I connect with the quiet, the precision, the detail.

[this one contains audio clip too]

CLICK ON ALL LINKS TO ACCESS FULL STORIES

Comment

Working...
                                X