X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much in news but I found a 2008 Heroes Calendar at AllPosters.com

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8...8postervi7.jpg
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

JULY 26th CHICAGO TRIBUNE TCA Report

excerpts:

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....g-with-th.html

Talking with HRG from 'Heroes'

When I spotted Jack Coleman on the “Heroes” set on Tuesday (there's more on the set visit here), I made a beeline for the actor. My favorite thing about Season 1 – aside from Hiro’s exuberance and the delights of the Hiro-and-Ando traveling roadshow – was the enigmatic H.R.G., cheerleader Claire Bennet’s mysterious father and an employee of the not-very-nice and also mysterious Company.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....rom-the-s.html

Live from the 'Heroes' set - with Hiro

On Tuesday, members of the Television Critics Association got to take a field trip to the set of “Heroes.”
      The busload of writers was divided into two smaller groups, and we had as our guide a charming young man who cheerfully ushered us through various sets and kept us moving and laughing with various jokes and friendly directives (“Grab some water and get hydrated before we go the next set”).
      Our guide? Masi Oka, who plays Hiro Nakamura on the NBC show.

FULL ARTICLES AT LINKS ABOVE

Comment

Starburst Magazine #353 - Heroes & More:

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._249.html#a353

Starburst #353, August 2007
        (Reference #353)
        Scheduled publication date August 1 2007

132 pages of Sci-Fi Entertainment!

The Starburst Interviews…

Torchwood executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season featuring Buffy star James Marsters! Plus, news on The Sarah Jane Adventures

Doctor Who (2000s) Actress Freema Agyeman on returning as Martha Jones in Torchwood and then back in Doctor Who

Heroes

• Actor Greg Grunberg on playing the thought-reading cop Matt Parkman
        • Actor Masi Oka on his role as the unlikely teleporting superhero Hiro

Flash Gordon New Series! Star Eric Johnson chats about his new role as the latest incarnation of Flash

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Set Visit! We go behind the scenes for the filming of the fourth and final season!

Journeyman We find out all there is to know from the cast and crew at the launch of this new Time travel show

Bionic Woman Star Michelle Ryan and producer David Eick take us inside this new 21st Century bionic world

The Sci-Fi Lover’s Guide to YouTube We take a personal journey through the Sci-Fi treasures available on the increasingly popular website YouTube

Who Wants to be a Superhero Stan Lee reveals what to expect from the forthcoming second season of the US ‘talent’ show!

Lost Star Terry O’Quinn take time out to talk about his role as the mysterious John Locke

1408 Star Samuel L Jackson and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the new Horror movie

The Starburst Vaults Reappraising genre classics – This issue: Tim Burton’s Batman

Including...

Our regular detailed look at all the new Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, film and TV releases both new and old on DVD, and we check out the best new collectables…

Picture Desk A 'sneak peek' at the hottest publicity stills! – This issue: Doctor Who (2000s) and Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

A look at new cinema releases 1408, Death Proof, Disturbia and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The latest and up-to-date TV Reviews covering The 4400, The Dead Zone, Doctor Who (2000s) & Animated, Jekyll and Painkiller Jane

Book Reviews The Atrocity Archives, The Dreaming Void, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Heart of the Mirage, Hilldiggers, Saturn Returns

Comics Battlestar Galactica #11, ST:TNG – The Space Between #6,

Supernatural: Origins #3

Multimedia, DVDs, Soundtracks & Collectables

Sci-Fi Calendar All the latest release dates covering TV, movies, books and DVDs

Trailer Park We take a sideways look at the trailer for The Water Horse

Opinion Our regular columnist gives his thoughts on the worlds of Sci-Fi

In Numbers Get figure happy with Starburst’s numbers-related column! This issue: Stargate SG-1

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_display.htm

Price: $7.99

<><><><><><>

Feature: Torchwood

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt at Visimag.)

Gardner's World

Starburst recently caught up with executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season

**snippage**
        Starburst Magazine #353 - Torchwood & More:

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._249.html#a353

Starburst #353, August 2007
        (Reference #353)
        Scheduled publication date August 1 2007

132 pages of Sci-Fi Entertainment!

The Starburst Interviews…

Torchwood executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season featuring Buffy star James Marsters! Plus, news on The Sarah Jane Adventures

Doctor Who (2000s) Actress Freema Agyeman on returning as Martha Jones in Torchwood and then back in Doctor Who

Heroes

• Actor Greg Grunberg on playing the thought-reading cop Matt Parkman
        • Actor Masi Oka on his role as the unlikely teleporting superhero Hiro

Flash Gordon New Series! Star Eric Johnson chats about his new role as the latest incarnation of Flash

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Set Visit! We go behind the scenes for the filming of the fourth and final season!

Journeyman We find out all there is to know from the cast and crew at the launch of this new Time travel show

Bionic Woman Star Michelle Ryan and producer David Eick take us inside this new 21st Century bionic world

The Sci-Fi Lover’s Guide to YouTube We take a personal journey through the Sci-Fi treasures available on the increasingly popular website YouTube

Who Wants to be a Superhero Stan Lee reveals what to expect from the forthcoming second season of the US ‘talent’ show!

Lost Star Terry O’Quinn take time out to talk about his role as the mysterious John Locke

1408 Star Samuel L Jackson and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the new Horror movie

The Starburst Vaults Reappraising genre classics – This issue: Tim Burton’s Batman

Including...

Our regular detailed look at all the new Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, film and TV releases both new and old on DVD, and we check out the best new collectables…

Picture Desk A 'sneak peek' at the hottest publicity stills! – This issue: Doctor Who (2000s) and Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

A look at new cinema releases 1408, Death Proof, Disturbia and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The latest and up-to-date TV Reviews covering The 4400, The Dead Zone, Doctor Who (2000s) & Animated, Jekyll and Painkiller Jane

Book Reviews The Atrocity Archives, The Dreaming Void, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Heart of the Mirage, Hilldiggers, Saturn Returns

Comics Battlestar Galactica #11, ST:TNG – The Space Between #6,

Supernatural: Origins #3

Multimedia, DVDs, Soundtracks & Collectables

Sci-Fi Calendar All the latest release dates covering TV, movies, books and DVDs

Trailer Park We take a sideways look at the trailer for The Water Horse

Opinion Our regular columnist gives his thoughts on the worlds of Sci-Fi

In Numbers Get figure happy with Starburst’s numbers-related column! This issue: Stargate SG-1

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_display.htm

Price: $7.99

<><><><><><>

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt at Visimag.)

Gardner's World

Starburst recently caught up with executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Found this info at SciFi Chick:

http://scifichick.com/?p=340#more-340

August 14th, 2007

NBC Links

This just in from my source, Shankar, promoting NBC shows -

Two items for you today: First, this is freshly uploaded to the Web, not available in any other NBC or Universal Home Entertainment promos. It’s a clip from the visual effects special features, in which visual effects supervisor Mark Kolpack talks about a common bond he and Heroes star Masa Oki share—Oki also worked in special effects before he began his acting career. Check out this new Heroes clip from the Season 1 DVD boxed set on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwovBUHI6Bw

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

^^ And with that^^

Heroes - DVD Special Feature Promo Clips
            Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7_A...elated&search=
            Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

No One Is Safe In 'Heroes' Season 2
              Link: http://www.syfyportal.com/news424123.html
              Spoiler:
              There are going to be many changes and a higher body count on "Heroes" during the upcoming second season that premieres later this month.

While in New York last week to promote the show and the first season DVD set, actors and writers from the hit NBC show leaked some tidbits about what's in store for Season 2. One thing that is certain is that their characters will find themselves in totally different situations this season.

So what will fans expect for their Heroes (and villains)?

Sylar

"I'm just trying to get some more power," said Zachary Quinto, who plays the brain-stealing Gabriel Sylar. When last seen, Sylar's body disappeared, leaving a trail of blood running into a cockroach-guarded sewer. He is certain to continue slicing the heads off heroes and acquiring more special abilities, but there are also changes ahead.

"The point at which we left the story in Season 1, and the point at which we begin in Season 2 are vastly different for my character, and for all of the characters, really," Quinto said.

Hiro and Ando

Hiro Nakamura's story will continue in 17th-century Japan, where he accidently time-traveled after impaling Sylar with his sword in the first season finale. Ando Masahashi was last seen when best friend Hiro dropped him off at his office in Yamagato Industries. From there, Ando will try to find a new way to communicate with Hiro from Tokyo.

"There's going to be an interesting channel of communication," said Ando's alter ego, James Kyson Lee. "I can't reveal what, but it's going to be such a great way of storytelling. What happens in one timeline may affect the other."

Lee also thinks Ando and Hiro will reunite in Episode 8.

In general

The first episode of the new season will be starting out "Four Months Later," showing where our Heroes are four months after the finale. In Episode 8, fans will also find out what happened "Four Months Ago."

This means new viewers will not feel left out if they missed the first season, said "Heroes" co-executive producer and writer Jeph Loeb.

"For the returning fans, Episode 8 fills in the gaps," Loeb said. "Hopefully, by that time, everyone will be into this mystery. When we get to the middle of November, everyone will be completely filled in and we'll move forward."

New characters

Maya, portrayed by Dania Ramirez (Callisto in "X-Men: The Last Stand") is a super-powered Dominican on the run from the law with her twin brother. Viewers will have to wait until the show's Sept. 24 premiere to learn what her special ability is.
              "She's going north," Ramirez teased. "There's a lot of injustices she encounters in her journey up north. She's trying to get to the U.S. to figure out or find out what's happening to her. I can't tell you what it is, but it's cool. It's really cool."

More deaths

In Season 1, fans saw a number of Heroes bite the big one.

"You really want a doughnut" Eden McCain, nuclear Ted Sprague and precog-painter Isaac Mendez died along with other "special" people as well as a few major baddies. This season, the body count is only going to get higher.

"This is not a show about stars," Loeb explained. "This is a show about the show. Everyone has the same conversation when they come on. Wherever the story takes the writers and takes Tim [Kring] is what serves that task. Keeping it very unexpected is part of what our audience demands of us. If all we're doing is continuing with the same characters, then we're the same as every other show. We have a policy in the writers' room that no one is safe."

"Heroes" returns to NBC on Mondays at 9 p.m. ET starting Sept. 24.
              Doze Out...

Comment

Kristen Bell on her new character who will appear in next week's episode "Fight or Flight":

Heroes' Bell Offers Hints

Kristen Bell, who will join the cast of NBC's Heroes in the Oct. 22 episode, told reporters that her character, Elle, is duplicitous, manipulative and just "a little off."

Speaking in a conference call with reporters, Bell declined to divulge Elle's super power, but hinted that the character arrives with a link to several others, most notably Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia), whom she encounters in Ireland.

"I have been crossing my fingers in hopes that I would get a job soon where I could play someone who was, as [creator] Tim [Kring] likes to call it, 'a little off,' or perhaps didn't have the brightest and shiniest of intentions," Bell said. (She spoke along with Kring, the show's executive producer.) "And I think the depths at which they've written Elle, this character, she's so conflicted and sort of comes across as such a victim. It's so much fun to play with."

Bell, who gained fame in the title role of The CW's Veronica Mars, is one of several new characters introduced in Heroes' second season. As for Elle's interactions with the other characters, Bell said, "I have a lot of information about Peter's past. ... "

Kring added: "We introduce the character, and she is looking for Peter Petrelli. So I think one can assume that she finds him."

Asked if she could reveal anything more about Elle's power or the character's relationships with the show's familiar faces, Bell replied, "I can't reveal her secret power. You'll have to watch next Monday. But it's a very cool power. She has ties to H.R.G. [Jack Coleman] and Claire [Hayden Panettiere], and I think there's going to be a very interesting dynamic, I think, between her and Claire as far as what is and what is not. I think there's going to be a deeper relationship there than people are expecting. Or they're going to see maybe some parallels. She also has ties, a little bit, to Suresh [Sendhil Ramamurthy]."

Bell's first episode, "Fight or Flight," airs Oct. 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.) —Ian Spelling
                Source: SciFi Wire
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Excellent! Hopefully her coming will make the crappiness of Claire's, and Peter's stories come to an end.

Maybe she can point out to Claire what an idiot she's being.....

Comment

Tim Krinng talks about the older generation of heroes, and the possible future of a few of the current ones:

Kring: More Heroes Will Appear

Sharp-eyed viewers of NBC's Heroes may have noticed several familiar faces in the group photo glimpsed in last week's episode, "The Kindness of Strangers," and creator Tim Kring promised that they will soon show up.

"We will be seeing the people ... in the photo,"
                    Kring confirmed during an Oct. 16 conference call with reporters. "I think all of them will be [played by the actors in the photo]. I just have to tell you, the photo has got a life of its own, because, logistically, it was so difficult to actually come up with this photograph that's used now and refers to things that are shot well in the future here. It was very difficult to get that all lined up. But, yes, the photo is as accurate as we can make it."

The photo depicted a character who appeared to be played by Joanna Cassidy (Blade Runner, Six Feet Under). Kring wouldn't confirm her casting, but said: "It did look an awful lot like Joanna Cassidy in there."

Another new character in the photo is the father of Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg), and it's the elder Parkman who's the boogeyman in Molly's (Adair Tischler) nightmares.

The photo also featured the by-now familiar faces of Daniel Linderman (Malcolm McDowell), Charles Deveaux (Richard Roundtree), Angela Petrelli (Cristine Rose), Bob (Stephen Tobolowsky) and Kaito Nakamura (George Takei).

With the addition of several new characters so far this season—including Kristen Bell's Elle, who shows up next week—Kring admitted that some characters—even major ones—may not appear in every episode. And some characters will die—perhaps even permanently, Kring acknowledged.

"Yes, on a show like this, you have to be able to fold people in and fold people out," Kring said. "So the audience should fully expect to see characters leaving in the near future." —Ian Spelling

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

"Heroes" fans, plan to spend your Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh if you want to see actor Zachary Quinto (AKA Sylar) in person. WPXI program director Mark Barash confirmed that Quinto, a Pittsburgh native, is scheduled to appear in the annual "Celebrate the Season" parade, which kicks off at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 24, and will be televised on WPXI-TV.

Source: http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/tunedin/

Shot of Hiro from EMMY party

http://www.tvweek.com/talking-tv/pho...-2007/gallery/

Comment

uh, not so good news

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=10&cs=1

NBC holds 'Heroes' spinoff
                        Possible strike might have influenced decision

By JOSEF ADALIANNBC is putting the kibosh on "Heroes: Origins" -- and the possibility of a strike may have contributed to the decision.
                        Net has indefinitely shelved production on the planned six-episode spinoff of its Monday hit. Skein was set to unfurl next year while "Heroes" was on hiatus.

Now NBC has decided to not move forward with the production, at least for now.

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!???????!!!!!!!!?????????

Words. Cannot. Express. What. I. Am. Feeling.

Comment

This is what she's upto right now in Japan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0KxF53JT2K0

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                              Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!???????!!!!!!!!?????????

Words. Cannot. Express. What. I. Am. Feeling.
                              That is indeed some serious bull.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Heroes star Hayden Panettiere violently clashed with Japanese fishermen as she tried to save dolphins from slaughter. The 18-year-old actress disrupted an annual dolphin hunt by intercepting a fishing boat - and was almost struck by its boat hook. She says, "It was really frightening. Some of us were hit by the boat hook. But in the end all we really worried about was the dolphins. It was so incredibly sad. We were so close to them and they were sky hopping, jumping out of the water to see us. One little baby dolphin stuck his head out and kinda looked at me and the thought that it's no longer with us is really hard to take." Panettiere and five other surfers from the U.S. and Australia were almost arrested after paddling out to see to stage a protest, but left the country following the incident.
                                Got this from IMDB and all I have to say is wow. Last thing I would ever expect to read about her. Have to say I am pleasantly surprise she'd risk it trying to save dolphins.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X