Peter Petrelli/Milo Ventimiglia Appreciation & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter Petrelli/Milo Ventimiglia Appreciation & Discussion

I cave in. After waiting a day since our very own Heroes forum, I just have to start this thread for one of my fave heroes - Peter Petrelli. All we know thus far is that he is a caregiver, empathetic and willing to believe that he was "meant for something greater." At the moment, there's still lots of speculation about the extent of his powers: Is he an empath, e.g. the dream-connection he has with Nathan and Simone's dad? Does he just borrow one power or multiple powers at a time? Will it ever be permanent? What'll cause him to get the scar that future!Hiro mentioned (*does* he still get it)? What's his and Hiro's role among the other Heroes, given that Hiro specifically went back to look for him? What'll happen given teasers that
    Spoiler:
    Chris Eccleston will be Peter's mentor; Peter is overwhelmed by others' powers that he goes into a dream-state coma about the Manhattan nuke; and the dynamic between Nathan and Peter gets tighter, more intense, with revealing familial bonds (per Adrian's interview) post-Homecoming?

In the show, Peter's played by Milo Ventimiglia - who I'd never heard of and had only seen before in ads with Apple, Pepsi (Mountain Dew) and Chrsyler. That's changed since then If anyone wants a refresher, I recently posted photos, articles and clips about Milo's journey from the Gilmore Girls to Heroes in my LJ - LINKED HERE.

Squee and speculate away!
    Last edited by lostinspace; 02 December 2006, 09:03 AM. Reason: Spoiler info
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

I have a feeling he's going to be the leader of the group. Considerimg he can borrow power from others cough "Rouge" cough, it be interisting wheather he can actually manifest multiple powers if others were around all at once, which concludes to a very useful and powerful asset. Plus this would make him a little bit more unique to Rouge from the X-men.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
      I have a feeling he's going to be the leader of the group. Considerimg he can borrow power from others cough "Rouge" cough, it be interisting wheather he can actually manifest multiple powers if others were around all at once, which concludes to a very useful and powerful asset. Plus this would make him a little bit more unique to Rouge from the X-men.
      Yes, kinda like Rogue in X-Men. At least he can touch others without absorbing everything when "borrowing." I'd also heard about the Synch (Marvel) likeness too... esp. if Peter gets to permanently retain them. Not sure how this explains the dreams though.

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
        Yes, kinda like Rogue in X-Men. At least he can touch others without absorbing everything when "borrowing." I'd also heard about the Synch (Marvel) likeness too... esp. if Peter gets to permanently retain them. Not sure how this explains the dreams though.
        Oh just read the link you gave me on Synch, and how cool if Pete does down the track lerns how to gain others power permenatly.
        sigpic

Comment

Couple of nice new Access Hollywood interviews - Non-spoilery if you've seen up to Ep 9 (Homecoming):
          1) Interview with Milo about his role, the cast and show
          http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47585
          - There's a funny joke and teeny teaser about his "scar" and hair
          - Also, he says the Heroes cast has one the most talented and egoless pepole. Awww.

2) Peter and Claire behind the scenes for Ep 9 (Homecoming)
          http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47590

Comment

Couple of nice new Access Hollywood interviews - Non-spoilery if you've seen up to Ep 9 (Homecoming):
            1) Interview with Milo about his role, the cast and show
            http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47585
            - There's a funny joke and teeny teaser about his "scar" and hair
            - Also, he says the Heroes cast has one the most talented and egoless pepole. Awww.

2) Peter and Claire behind the scenes for Ep 9 (Homecoming)
            http://video.accesshollywood.com/player/?id=47590
            Thanks for the link
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe the dreams are just dreams... unless dream kid is giving him the dreams so he can acknowledge his power and use it.
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

I'd been digging the whole Petrelli family dynamic - and Ep 10 (6 Months Back) made it even more sweet. Just read a real funny and somewhat spoilery interview between Adrian (Nathan Petrelli) and Kristin from E-Online where he talks about his own (real life) emerging friendship with Milo, how his son, wife and her other Dixie Chicks are all Heroes fans, Nathan's character arc and evolving relationships with Peter and Jessica/Niki. He also teases us about the upcoming "death" in Ep 11 (Fallout) - and I'll say this: It's not going to be him! Interview linked here.

PS: OK, this is only somewhat related to Peter/Milo but it was his initial conflicted sibling relationship with Nathan/Adrian that made me start liking him in the first place. They're not as interesting without snarkin' and touchin' each other (and I meant that in a nice Italian family way, get your minds out of the gutter y'all)!

Comment

I'd been digging the whole Petrelli family dynamic - and Ep 10 (6 Months Back) made it even more sweet. Just read a real funny and somewhat spoilery interview between Adrian (Nathan Petrelli) and Kristin from E-Online where he talks about his own (real life) emerging friendship with Milo, how his son, wife and her other Dixie Chicks are all Heroes fans, Nathan's character arc and evolving relationships with Peter and Jessica/Niki. He also teases us about the upcoming "death" in Ep 11 (Fallout) - and I'll say this: It's not going to be him! Interview linked here.
                  Heh... didn't know that Adrian Pasdar was married to Natalie of Dixie Chicks. Not that I'm a fan of the band but they were touring Down Under recently.

Whoever thought of putting Adrian and Milo together as siblings is a genius. Their chemistry works. I really liked how the most recent episode brought that to light to a greater degree.

PS: OK, this is only somewhat related to Peter/Milo but it was his initial conflicted sibling relationship with Nathan/Adrian that made me start liking him in the first place. They're not as interesting without snarkin' and touchin' each other (and I meant that in a nice Italian family way, get your minds out of the gutter y'all)!
                  Does anyone know where Milo's antecedents are from? Italy? Eastern Europe?
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                    Does anyone know where Milo's antecedents are from? Italy? Eastern Europe?
                    Sicilian descent on his dad's side and a mix of Irish, English, Scottish, French, Cherokee, and Indian descent on his mom's. Wikipedia is amazing.

Not that I'm a fan of the band but they were touring Down Under recently.
                    I am - and was full of glee to see my interests collide! Evidently, the Dixie Chicks and Heroes love is mutual. Some of the heroes (Greg, Hayden, Masi, Milo and Adrian) went to their LA concert this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post
                      Maybe the dreams are just dreams... unless dream kid is giving him the dreams so he can acknowledge his power and use it.
                      Judging from the latest TV.com behind the set interviews and clips, added to Peter's dreams of himself, Nathan and Simone's dad, Charles in previous eps, I suspect Peter's dreams do foretell the future, but in the same "incomplete" way as Isaac's art. Peter evidently can dream about what he wants or thinks of most.
                      Spoiler:
                      Since his biggest desire now is to save the world and his only clue is Isaac's painting of the nuke, my theory is that's why he "dreams" up that scene in Manhattan while in a power-overload coma. I didn't see the boy Sanjog Iyer around though. I guess India's a little far....

Comment

Sicilian descent on his dad's side and a mix of Irish, English, Scottish, French, Cherokee, and Indian descent on his mom's. Wikipedia is amazing.
                        I noticed that the amazing Wikipedia also mentioned that Milo is slated to play Rocky Jr in yet another Rocky film...
                        I can see it...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          I noticed that the amazing Wikipedia also mentioned that Milo is slated to play Rocky Jr in yet another Rocky film... I can see it...
                          I hope this Rocky is better than the recent painful reincarnations. If you're interested, there's a few interviews with Milo on Rocky Balboa here in my LJ (scroll down to the Coming Soon part). BTW, Milo compares all his main acting roles in this goofy article on the LA Times (spoiler for size - no idea how to reduce pic sizes here)
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I hope this Rocky is better than the recent painful reincarnations. If you're interested, there's a few interviews with Milo on Rocky Balboa here in my LJ (scroll down to the Coming Soon part). BTW, Milo compares all his main acting roles in this goofy article on the LA Times (spoiler for size - no idea how to reduce pic sizes here)
                            Spoiler:
                            so he wants to be Eden, eh? Can't be happy with his own power. I guess he's more like Sylar than he knows lol.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic View Post
                              I guess he's more like Sylar than he knows lol.
                              It's always the seemingly harmless/nerdy/innocent dreamer ones.... Peter and Hiro lovers, beware their dark sides!

Comment

Working...
                              X