Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Theory Concerning Sylar's Powers (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory Concerning Sylar's Powers (Spoilers)

Afer watch six months ago I got a new theory about Sylars "power" and the murders.

Spoiler:

After watching the his meeting with Chandra in which he instinctively know his watch is broken and how fix I have a theory about how his power, not the powers he steals work.

This is Forge, an recurring character from the X-men family of comics.

http://www.mutanthigh.com/forge.html

Forge's mutant ability allows him to understand any technology he comes in contact with and design nearly anything he can iamgine. Essentially he's super Red Green. Sylar's base power may work this way. the difference is his abilities don't end at the mechanical, it also works with people. when he comes in contact with another Hero, by examining their brain tissue he is able the able to alter his own brain, similar to the way you or I might upgrade our computer. Maybe he can do it intuitively or in our future there is a very gruesome scene in which cut opens his skull and graft part of their brain into his.

just my crazy theory. what do you think?
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

I tend to agree.

At first I also thought he was just a leech but after seeing that he is a tinker and likes to get to the gears, it makes sense that he's opening brains not to steal a power but just see how that person's brain is wired.

Will be interesting to find out his motivation for picking his victims. Is he just going after people that haven't embraced their powers? He did say that the TK was 'broken' for not wanting to use his powers.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I have a thought on that.

Sylar spoke about Evolutionary Imperative. It sounds like he's compelled to do things... well, we know he kills Charlie, yet leaves Hiro alone. He also mentions that Brian Davis is broken... not sure if that's his crazy talk or if he can sense something about Brian.

My hypothesis is that he can sense when evolved humans are on the verge of dying, an he's compelled to kill them and take their powers. Charlie had a brain clot.... possibly Brian has a heart condition sicne he's rather obese... so it could be that he's compelled to preserve the powers of those whom are dying.

In the case of Claire Bennett, we also see that Sylar has a lust for being special. Claire could be a target just because she is special (super-healing is pretty durn special). So Claire could be a target of opportunity rather than necessity.

But yeah, he seems to be able to take other people's powers and enhance them in his own body. Brian was barely able to move the glass... Sylar can fling the glass across the room...

Comment

After 1x09 everyone thought that his main ability was telekinesis, but now we saw how he got it... it will interesting to find out how is he able to keep powers he takes...
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Well, if he's modifying his own brain structure, it would be a permenant change.

until he maxes out his ability to augment.

Comment

Question is: Can he take on more than one power? Maybe there's an "anomaly" in the same spot in everyone's brain which gives them their power. Can he mutate the anomaly to adjust to new powers?
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Good question. I'm guessing that he can, and that it's like a jagsaw puzzle in his head.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                Good question. I'm guessing that he can, and that it's like a jagsaw puzzle in his head.
                But every piece in a puzzle fits together perfectly. No piece is mutated to fit.
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

His brain's like Voltron! Together they form... something.

Comment

His brain's like Voltron! Together they form... something.
                    You could have just said "shape shifting" T_T... i had to look up "Voltron" on google lol..

And I guess that can be one theory but shape-shifting.. the general shape changes... brain shape doesn't really change.. the insides can though.

Comment

Liking the theory- it makes sense! Especially agreed with the watch thing, one has to wonder, that if Syler likes building things, whether he'd go after say....Micah, if he knew his power....sounds like just the kind of thing that would attract Syler.....

"Super Red Green" Lmao.....that alone deserves some green. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        Liking the theory- it makes sense! Especially agreed with the watch thing, one has to wonder, that if Syler likes building things, whether he'd go after say....Micah, if he knew his power....sounds like just the kind of thing that would attract Syler.....

"Super Red Green" Lmao.....that alone deserves some green. haha
                        I like how Micah took apart the laptop when his grandfather said "go break the internet in half" I bet that's how he found out about his power. I'm suprised at how good he's keeping his power to himself.

Comment

Well heck, I tear the internet apart every day. YOU KIDS ARE PROOF OF THIS!

Comment

Well heck, I tear the internet apart every day. YOU KIDS ARE PROOF OF THIS!
                            didn't Sylar kill you yet?

Comment

I sent him running away.

You see, among my other amazing powers, I have the power to thin out eyebrows.

Comment

Working...
                              X