This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Guide says it's April, not March, for SGs return

According to the latest TV Guide (which some fans have already procured), TV Guide said that SG1 and SGA will not come back in March but in April????

Well, talk about 'that sucks'.....

I can't say I'm surprised. With BSG and Dresden Files starting on the 21st and probably running ten episodes, that takes them up to the end of March (the 25th to be exact)

SciFi's trying to be as "year-round" as possible with their original series. So, that means the 'gates would start up no sooner than March 30th. I guess they might wait until April 6th, if TV Guide is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
      I can't say I'm surprised. With BSG and Dresden Files starting on the 21st and probably running ten episodes, that takes them up to the end of March (the 25th to be exact)

SciFi's trying to be as "year-round" as possible with their original series. So, that means the 'gates would start up no sooner than March 30th. I guess they might wait until April 6th, if TV Guide is correct.
      Personaly I think SciFi's shooting itself in the foot, but it's its foot.

Anyway, TV Guide (with Gary Sinise on the cover) arrived, and yes, April. Blech. They gave away what some might consider spoilers, so won't post 'em here.

Comment

Anybody know the deadline for next years Emmys? I'm just wondering how many episodes from the second half will be considered for Nominations.
        sigpic

Comment

there might as well do a direct to dvd for the rest of season 10/3

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
            there might as well do a direct to dvd for the rest of season 10/3
            Nah, they won't, SciFi already paid for these episodes, they can't lose anything more by actually airing them.
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

well, it seems an awful pattern. ABC is doing it with LOST, CBS is yanking Jericho for a few months (but at least they WILL keep audience interest going with online content). SciFi has just dropped the ball with the 'gates with no new online content for the shows. And this is a program supposedly for the 'geek' audience??

Comment

Hey, there's one advantage in returning in April (or March), at lease we won't be up against Monk or Psych, but that's only if we return on Friday and not Sunday, returning on Sunday night, now that's bad, really bad (Desperate Housewifes and Family Guy, to name a few shows that could be up against Stargate if we return on Sunday night).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                  Hey, there's one advantage in returning in April (or March), at lease we won't be up against Monk or Psych, but that's only if we return on Friday and not Sunday, returning on Sunday night, now that's bad, really bad (Desperate Housewifes and Family Guy, to name a few shows that could be up against Stargate if we return on Sunday night).
                  No, Desperate Housewives are almost halfway through the season, the seaosn should be over by the time SG1 returns.
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Angry, not surprised.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just curious, is any of this being reported on the Scifi channel site? My internet speed is so slow it is hard to surf their site.
                      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                      Individuality is freedom lived.
                      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
                        No, Desperate Housewives are almost halfway through the season, the seaosn should be over by the time SG1 returns.
                        That seems unlikely. May sweeps are a big deal; OTA networks don't end their regular season shows before May.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                          That seems unlikely. May sweeps are a big deal; OTA networks don't end their regular season shows before May.
                          My bad, you're right. They seem to have taken a big break in March in the two previous years - I didn't watch it as it aired so I missed that part, I guess.

...cheats

Well it's a good question what SciFi will do then. SG1's demographic is already closer to Desperate Housewives than BSG, for example, isn't it...?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                            Traditionally, many of them put their shows on reruns or hiatus in April to spread out their new episodes so that they can have May finales. But, this trend is changing. Many arc-driven shows aren't going into reruns at all and get replaced by other new shows. An example is how "Lost" is now on hiatus and replaced by "Daybreak".

Once upon a time, the cable networks could design their schedules to the rerun patterns of the major networks, but the major networks don't really have those patterns anymore. So, cable networks are changing too and becoming more "year-round" rather than have bursts.

As time goes on, the "sweeps" concept is going away, too. It was always designed around when the diaries were distributed to the local markets for local market ratings. But, now the top markets have year-round measurement with peoplemeters and no diaries. It makes all the months equal in importance. We've already started to see sweeps decline in importance this November. There were fewer sweeps stunts than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                              Just curious, is any of this being reported on the Scifi channel site? My internet speed is so slow it is hard to surf their site.
                              Snort, heh, that was a good laugh. In other words, no. Skiffy is notoriously slow on releasing news on its own channel for some reason. Maybe they'll have it up by Christmas

Comment

Working...
                              X