Thread: Genesis (101)

GateWorld Genesis (101)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    GENESIS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101

From America to Japan, ordinary people begin to learn that they have extraordinary abilities. Peter Petrelli hopes to convince his older brother that he can fly; a high school cheerleader is indestructible; and a young Indian scientist goes to America in the hopes of proving his father's radical theory of evolutionary advancement.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; April 30th, 2015 at 12:10 AM.

Default Re: Genesis (101)

Just watched this first episode this afternoon and it will be a series I'll be keeping my eye on and watching when I can.

Shows good promise.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrior View Post
    Just watched this first episode this afternoon and it will be a series I'll be keeping my eye on and watching when I can.

Shows good promise.
    I think you'll really enjoy it- it just keeps getting better.

Genesis was a great opener, simpley because it established all these characters and their stories so well, it got right to the moments that showed who the characters were and where they were headed individualy and as a group; a strong start for the series to build upon.

I thought this was a strong set-up episode. All the characters were introduced with their own conflicts, the impending doom conflict was introduced, and there were several really nice camera shots (the burning train(?) and Hiro exercising with everyone come to mind). I also liked how they overlaid the title and how they placed the subtitles near the characters as opposed to traditionally at the bottom of the screen.

I liked several things about the pilot ep. Good character development, and I like the notion of following different people from different parts of the planet. The voice overs at the beginning and end of each ep are cool too. I also enjoyed th fact that the writers haven't made everyone convienietly (sp) speak english. I enjoy the dialogue between Hiro and Ando.

I also think the show has the right balance between giving these people super powers but not making it too cartoony.

I just saw this episode. I was wondering what it would be like. I actually enjoyed it. I thought the idea, in a way, was similar to The 4400. But at the same time very different. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see more

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Chief Master Sergeant lostinspace's Avatar

Talking Re: Genesis (101)

Quote Originally Posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
    I just saw this episode. I was wondering what it would be like. I actually enjoyed it. I thought the idea, in a way, was similar to The 4400. But at the same time very different. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to see more
    Welcome to the crazy addiction that is Heroes! If you're able to catch up in time, the mid-season finale airs this Monday in the US. Otherwise, enjoy (or avoid) the spoilers! -lis
    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...eJohnTeyla.jpg
    Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Quote Originally Posted by lostinspace View Post
    Welcome to the crazy addiction that is Heroes! If you're able to catch up in time, the mid-season finale airs this Monday in the US. Otherwise, enjoy (or avoid) the spoilers! -lis
    I've managed to catch up

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Well I finally got to see the first ep and I have to say I'm impressed. After one ep I care about the characters (always a plus for me). A well done setup episode, various storylines introduced and I can't wait to see how they weave them together. I'm looking forward to this series.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by RealmOfX View Post
    Well I finally got to see the first ep and I have to say I'm impressed. After one ep I care about the characters (always a plus for me). A well done setup episode, various storylines introduced and I can't wait to see how they weave them together. I'm looking forward to this series.
    Show really does great with characters. Lots of development.
    Some characters that were not so much liked, just grow on you later ...

Don't wanna spoil anything, so wait and see. Great writing, great show.

I only recently got to see the first episode, have to say I was just plain confused, seems like too many characters and story lines.

Does it really get better? It hasn't hooked me yet, I see the potential but some of those characters *even played by actors I know and love* seem one dimensional to me. Are some more important as time goes on then others?

I don't know I may try and watch more but it seems too bland a show for me, where are the edgy unusual characters, the ones with real kinks or quirks? I don't think I saw any here. For this to work for me they have to be there.

I finally took the plunge and watched the opening episode a few nights ago. What an excellent introduction. I liked how they are gradually revealing the heroes powers instead of showing us everything at once.

Still early days to say who my favourite hero is, but Hiro does speak to the Trekkie in me. Oh and Claire the Indestructable Girl has so much comic potential. She reminds me of Wile E Coyote or Beaker, the hapless assistant from the Muppet Show. She's gonny go through a lot of clothes in her lifetime.

There were a few shocks and twists that kept me on my toes and that reveal just as the screen cuts to black with To be continued... Argh! That definitely threw me. Damn, well done the PTB, I need to know what happens next.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Ok so I have heard lots of hype about this show so i finally got round to watching it after my Brother in Law gave me the 1rst 10 episodes. So far I have only watched the 1rst one (which i hope is this one?) and well.....

I was OK!

Not great! But Ok. The main problem is how much it reminds me of X-men. Especailly the Text at the start of the episode. I know its darker and the powers are a bit more darker, complex and smarter than X-men (apart from the superman style flying which is rubbish. It would be 100x better if he grows wings!) However it still is very X-men!

However from what i have seen it has gd potentile for lots of cool action! Maybe theres a bit too much family life and character stories than i would like but from what i hear the Nuke making guy should make up for that.

Finally i have a fear that like most Americain shows that because of its 24 episodes i will Miss ONE and loose the plot and intrest (happens everytime) But i will try stay on tack this time.

Overall a intresting show with some potential! However X-men are much cooler as The Beast kicks butt!
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

^Well if you're looking for a lot of X-Men type action, you're going to be somewhat disappointed. It isn't that kind of show at all. To me the real selling point of the show is the mystery behind the powers and how all these individuals interconnect.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Chief Master Sergeant

I think the character development is better than X-men

Airman

First season of Heroes very nice..All the characters Play good Role in this show..I like to watch this show...

So, I've just started watching Heroes for the first time. Late, I know.
    So, I watched both versions of the pilot. I liked the one that was aired. I liked that they removed those terrorist scenes. I just hope they don't cram them somewhere in the episodes to come.
    Ali Larter is awesome. I love that actress.
    Too many characters. I'll need some time to know more about each one and remember their names.

Major General

Finally got the disks from the library to watch all this old series as, when it was on i watched only a few minutes here and there of some of it.. So am now doing a watch of every episode.

For a pilot it was rather good.. great dialogue, good set up on everyone key, and they didn't ham it out much.

BUT one question i would have loved answered, is WHY was the 'papermill' hiding that agency and why was Claire's dad so interested in supers, before he met the 'now dead' professor??