No announcement yet.

Six Months Ago (110)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gravestone means nothing, as far as I'm concerned, but I guess if others are genuinely speaking of Jessi as a real person then she must have existed... but there's still something weird about that whole thing.

Maybe the cancer (or other problems) are a sort of balance to the additional powers.

I'm still not convinced that Sylar is eating brains and I find it less likely now than ever before. I do think he can intuit designs, though, and that with a bit of study he can map out anything... and figure out where it "goes wrong." Hence the books on the brain/neurology and his interest in the brains of Supers. Exactly how he goes from finding the "twist" in a Super to applying it to his own brain is still a bit of a mystery, though. I really can't see him cutting open his own head- especially since he doesn't have the super-heal abilities of Claire... yet. But maybe he's refined the telekinetic's powers to the point where he can manipulate the synapses in his own brain. Or once he can see how a Super's brain is different he can automatically re-wire his own brain. That could be a part of his own power, whateber it is.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
      I loved the initial look of Sylar. Clark Kent gone very wrong.
      Meh, I was disappointed in Sylar. THAT's all he is? I was hoping for something more evil than that.

Not sure if I should do spoiler space or not, but....

- Eden with long hair is just weird. She's much prettier with short hair.

- So Jackie was ALWAYS a *****? Why were she and Claire friends anyway?

- So I think it's pretty much a given that Claire's Dad did NOT kill Chandra Suresh. Killing him would have accomplished nothing, and this guy is nothing if not methodical.

- I wonder if they introduced the Charlie aneurysm story for a reason. Like maybe there will be a later reveal that Hiro DID change things, and Charlie wasn't killed by Sylar but just succumbed to her aneurysm. That would be both cool and poignant.
      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
      What have these years left to me?
      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

sylar claims that he is fixing people but really he is just killing them to absorb their powers

Comment

I was a pretty good episode. I always wondered how Nathan's wife going injured. I always assumed that Niki and her husband weren't that close through out the marriage (mainly because of him being in jail). Too bad we didn't learn how Issac first discovered his powers.
          sigpic

Comment

The importance is to find out WHEN Jessica died. If jessica died a young age then it would be ok. Jessica could easily take over Niki's weak body and protect her from drunk father.

Also, someone mentioned Claire's Father killing Papa Suresh. Mohinder had a dream where someone wearing a Sylar watch killed Papa Suresh. So Sylar could have killed him.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

She died in 1987 or somewhere in there, didn't she? There were dates on the tombstone, I just don't remember them. Or am I way off? Niki's reactions made it seem like a recent death.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                I loved the initial look of Sylar. Clark Kent gone very wrong.
                I LOVED that- it was creepy too.....

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                She died in 1987 or somewhere in there, didn't she? There were dates on the tombstone, I just don't remember them. Or am I way off? Niki's reactions made it seem like a recent death.
                The tombstone said 1976-1987, so Jessica was eleven when she died.

Comment

I'm thinking that Jessica was real and killed by her and Nikki's father. If it was in 1987, part of his being "away" could have been prison for child abuse.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    The tombstone said 1976-1987, so Jessica was eleven when she died.
                    Do we know how old Niki is? Judging from Ali's bio here, the actress was also born in 1976.... so now Jessica was her twin (but not older) sister? Gah. This part confuses me. I hope the promised backstory/resolution for Niki/Jessica next year comes through.
                    Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
                      Do we know how old Niki is? Judging from Ali's bio here, the actress was also born in 1976.... so now Jessica was her twin (but not older) sister? Gah. This part confuses me. I hope the promised backstory/resolution for Niki/Jessica next year comes through.
                      I think she has to be Niki's twin. Else, they would look different and in the mirror, Jessica would look different.

Children learn things easier, so I think the same can be said about souls/spirits going into children easier. Think of The Learning Curve in Stargate(i think that was the ep) where they inject nanothingies into babies' brains.

So anyways... the dad being "away" in Niki's mind is actually when she blacked out and Jessica took over and took the father's beatings
                      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                        So anyways... the dad being "away" in Niki's mind is actually when she blacked out and Jessica took over and took the father's beatings
                        That's similar to what I took from the events, too. Notice that Dad WTflinched both times Niki said that. I'd go a bit further and say that at some point Niki took to dissociating whenever Dad was around -- beating or no.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                          That's similar to what I took from the events, too. Notice that Dad WTflinched both times Niki said that. I'd go a bit further and say that at some point Niki took to dissociating whenever Dad was around -- beating or no.
                          Probably

I guess once Niki went and got married and left the father, Jessica became dormant and more powerful. Then that would explain her agressiveness in the present day.

Comment

Not bad ep. I was hoping more movement towards the teaming of the group but I guess those mini back story of each character was'nt bad.

Oh its so sad that Charlie died I really liked her character. I'm really hoping they some how bring her back.

I'm still a bit confuse about Niki's alter ego power, and how the cheerleaders father can block the girls mind minpulation/suggestive power ( which I think is really cool), is it to do with the other black dude? and whats his power?
                            Seems like he can supress their powers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                              - I wonder if they introduced the Charlie aneurysm story for a reason. Like maybe there will be a later reveal that Hiro DID change things, and Charlie wasn't killed by Sylar but just succumbed to her aneurysm. That would be both cool and poignant.
                              I think it´s going to be a much more funny reason. The theory on Syler is that he maps out peoples brains to find what´s different about them and then copies that into himself somehow. Isn´t it possible that when he scanned her´s he might have copied her aneurysm in the process by mistake?

This would be a very ironic twist of fate.

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
                                and how the cheerleaders father can block the girls mind minpulation/suggestive power ( which I think is really cool), is it to do with the other black dude? and whats his power?
                                Seems like he can supress their powers.

The father wasn't blocking her powers. It is the Haitian as you suggest. He seems to be at the very least, a damper, perhaps with other abilities.
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ
                                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                                X