• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six Months Ago (110)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON ONE
    SIX MONTHS AGO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110

Six months into the past Hiro tries to save Charlie's life, and Niki debates letting her father back into her life. Chandra Suresh seeks those who may be evolutionarily advanced, and meets an ambitious young watchmaker. The Petrelli family is put at risk when Nathan is offered the chance to prosecute Linderman.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:20 PM.

i liked this episode, Sylar was odd in a good way and I loved the Back to the Future reference.

Comment

First of all, a public Thank You to Darren for creating this space!

Copied from the old, general purpose thread:

IMForeman, thanks for those tips. Sometimes I can tell when TPTB are giving a hint, but often I can't figure what they mean.

Wow! Great, great stuff. Much better than last week, IMO.

NikiN: So she seems to have DID and superstrength, and the DID serves as a way to deal with the emergence of the power, or only the alter has access to the power... something along those lines.

Hiro: O Cursed Irony! That really, really sucked.

Say, did anyone else notice the dubbing on some of Hiro's lines with Charlie? I wonder if they decided late to have him speak in English, so had to use new dialogue and over-the-shoulder shots.

Claire: I'm a bit confused as to how Claire & Dad kept up the mutual lie about Claire's powers for 6 months. Well, not confused so much as astounded at the lies people can tell themselves.

Gabriel Gray-Sylar: Is like a cross between Peter & Micah? A sucker & a fixer, only biological?

The Eden-Eraser-HRG vs. Matt-Eraser-HRG events are indeed a puzzle.

Gotta make a sandwich and go rewatch.
      Last edited by DEM; 28 November 2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thank you Darren!

Awsome ep! I loved the insight into the back story, especially the important insight into Syler's story- and finally seeing him properly!

Poor Hiro, I really liked Charlie- they were cute, but she had to go. Maybe she'll show up again at some point? Never know with this show.

Didn't realize the guy playing Niki's father was Fisk- no wonder I didn't like him.
        Creepy guy- good actor.

Comment

I don't get the Jessica/Nicole relationship with the father. So there were 2 twin sisters? Jessica & Nicole? Jessica took the blows from the father and died one day b/c of the father? but then Jessica's spirit merged with Niki's? So when the father came to hit Niki, Jessica came out and took the blows? So that's why Niki doesn't remember why her dad was always away? o.o *is quite confuzzled*
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

That sounds about right to me. Jessica isn't just a split personality (a psychological disorder more than a super power) -- she was Niki's sister. What's not explained yet is just how she ended up sharing a body with Niki after she died.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think Jessica is both the sister and the alter. Niki developed DID when Jessica died, and the created alter is called Jessica.

Comment

GREAT ep.

i liked backstory so much i'll rewatch it again...
                as for Nikki, we finally have answers.. and i can tell you that i like it (cause it makes sense to what was happening to her). dad killed her sister, she blocked it in her mind, but part of her sister (who was protecting her from her father) continued to live in her...

now i am really interested what will happen to Nikki.. i hope Micah can help her and bring her to "good" side.

and Sylar... wow, who would think papa Suresh had his hands in making Sylar...

EDIT :: and Nathan... he flew out of the car, he prolly hates all this power business, cause he prolly blames it for his wife... damn good writing...
                Last edited by silence; 28 November 2006, 12:48 AM.
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Another terrific episode which filled in all the gaps.
                  Poor Hiro "I loved her" *sob*

So this is how Sylar started his killing spree. Looks so much like the boy next door too.

I don't think Jessica was an actual sister either. Just a psychological manifestation that emerged when she was the brunt of her father's alcoholic rage. Like father, like daughter... it would seem.

Poor Nathan. It's now obvious he knew about the flying early on.
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

It'd help to know if the sister really existed... and if she was the one with the power or if it's all Niki.

I will say that I think Daddy wasn't "away." I think the times Niki remembers her father being "gone" is when he was drunk and beating her/Jessi.

If projection is part of the power and Jessi had projected herself into Niki when she was killed... I wonder what that would do. Assuming she was a real sister and not, y'know, an in-utero absorbed twin or something.

As for Hiro and Charlie, it's an interesting twist about the blood clot, but how do you explain her and the rest of the diner not recognizing Hiro when he "returned" with Ando that first time? Will we discover that Ando now remembers an alternate history or will Mr. Deep Clean pay a visit to fix everyone?

Comment

The intriguing thing is the gravestone... She obviously thinks that Jessica is a real person... she could have erected it in her delusionary state as Dad doesn't seem to know about Jessica. This is one dysfunctional family.

Although I'm all for Niki being a chimera... I don't see the story heading in that direction at the moment because of what Dad said.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

interesting backstories but the thing that caught my eye most in particular was referring to these new evoluntionary changes as "cancer". Were Charlie's powers a result of her fatal illness? Does the "cancer" go hand in hand with the powers? That makes sense in the whole "survival of the fittest" idea the show is running with. Some of the mutated people would die out, some would survive, repoduce, etc Darwinism.

I'm getting more and more confused about Peter's powers. He has weird dreams, he can absorb other people's things... *shrug*

I agree about the Nathan thing...extremely well thought out with the car accident by the writers or TPTB or whatever.

Comment

Jessica Sanders lived. There is a grave stone, Dad knows of her, and Dad knows she died in an accident.

Comment

Just watched it. Great backstories and concept. I wasn't sure what to expect esp. after last week's cliffhanger - but I really enjoyed it. Thoughts & responses:
                            - Nice twist with Sylar. Adds human error and a touch of "reality" to Papa Suresh's otherwise exhaustive list. Didn't expect Gabriel/Sylar to be so .... Clark Kent geek-ish though, and while a cool idea, I'm not too sure I buy how a "watchmaker" can suddenly "fix brains" to "steal others' powers." Bit of a stretch, don't you think? I like what DEM said about him - a cross between Peter & Micah? A sucker & a fixer, only biological?

- Hiro's arc was so wonderfully mixed. He falls in and then loses love. The fact that he can't change the past makes me happy b/c the unlimited potential of bending time and space was too convenient a plot device (not to mention confusing). Like ShadowMaat, I don't get why no one in the diner remembers Hiro if Ando remembers everything? Multiple timelines? Eeek.
                            Originally posted by DEM View Post
                            Say, did anyone else notice the dubbing on some of Hiro's lines with Charlie?
                            I did notice that Hiro spoke remarkably better English this time. Evidently time travel is good for your brain. According to Kristin's E-online blog, this is one of the things that'll just happen in the show.

- Mr HRG and the Haitian continue to intrigue me... how far back do they go? Notice how we don't really get much history on them beyond the fact that they were already working together for 6 months. I also really wish the Haitian would speak (unless he's supposed to be mute?), or at least have more acting parts! So he can tap into and erase memories and block powers?

- The ep still raised questions about Jessica/Niki. According to the CBR interview here, we'll find out more in subsequent eps. The fact that her dad and DL also refer to Jessica might suggest that she was a real protective older sister and her death was the catalyst for Niki's alterego to emerge - going by the same name b/c she exists to "protect" Niki (herself) from harm.

- The cancer spin was revealing too (alluded to between Papa Suresh/Sylar and Hiro/Charlie). I'm with HyperCaz - much like those RNA symbols, this was a tribute to mutation, evolution and Darwin's "survival of the fittest."

- Shallow note: Loved the Petrelli scenes. I want more of them please!
                            Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

For the most part I thought it was a pretty bland ep, but I did really enjoy the wrap up of the Hiro Diner of Love story. Very touching.

I loved the initial look of Sylar. Clark Kent gone very wrong.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                              X