This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I just finished covenant....

(SPOILERS for Season Eight's "Affinity" ...)

Hi all..Im new to this board..I just thought I'd share my story as to how I started watching the greatest show ever made:

a little over a month ago, a very good friend of mine (girl) broke up w/her boyfriend, and became really upset....well I had developed feelings for her over the months so I was tehre for her and all during her tough time. About a week later she started going out with some guy that lives like 4 hours away. I told her my feelings for her and since then she has ignored me completely and is still going out with this other guy...we were best of friends and that disappeared overnight. Needless to say I became very depressed...

So..started watching the Season 1 DVDs and got completely HOOKED on Stargate SG-1.....my life became going to class, studying just enough so I could watch at least 4-5 episodes of Stargate that night....I watched every single episode in order from Children of the Gods to Covenant...and I have to say this is by far my favorite show. I've been an X-Files and trekkie fan for years but they don't come close to how good SG-1 is.

One thing I have to say though that I really hated about the show was how easily carter fell for that idiot Pete....why did she have to fall for some crazy stalker guy...I mean develop the tension between her and jack and then have her agree to marry a loser? come on...Im only hoping the writers are doing this so they can eventually get rid of him and have carter and up with jack. I see there are tons of shippers on this board (reminds me of the old x-files board reading days lol) I guess you could say I'm a shipper but I don't really want to see Jack and Sam get together until the very end, but they do need to discuss the pete situation..It makes me mad how it always seems to cut off anytime sam discusses anything serious with jack.

Well anyways, this post is already too long...I just wanted to say I'm happy to be a member of the SG fan community this show rocks...I can't believe I didn't hear how good it is from more places...its just too good.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 31 August 2004, 12:44 PM.

StarGate > Girls

Comment

Welcome to GW. There's a New Members Thread in Off-Topic Chatter.
      Read the forum F.A.Q. Check out all the Spoiler rules.
      If you "Ship" For Sam/Jack then check out the S/J Shipper Thread.
      If you really don't like Pete,then a lot of members around the forum may share your feelings.A lot do not,though,so....!
      Fare ye well.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

What kind of feelings? like lesbian? doesent matter if you are i just want to know if i read it right.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Are you asking me,or the Thread starter ?

My profile answers for me,btw.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
            StarGate > Girls
            I concur...sometimes.

Does anyone else smell Mods?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Quite possibly,but up to them, if the Thread's in the wrong place.

(Oh btw,Replicarter,if you did mean me,I'm "straight" .Forgot that's not in the profile.Not that it's relevant anyway. *Shrug*)

Comment

Welcome to the forum, CaptainCats!

I've moved this thread to the Season Eight folder, and inserted a spoiler warning at the top of your post. Please check out the forum rules about spoiler warnings -- just click on the FAQ link above.

Thanks!
                Darren

Comment

doh sorry about posting in the wrong place and putting spoilers up ...anyways no Im a guy if you were referring to me lol. I've read quite a few posts now and Im surprised by how many girls watch the show...all girls I know hate sci fi lol. This board is great.

I decided to watch the show to get my mind off of the girl, and discovered the greatest show ever made...so I guess good came from the bad.

btw...I agree Stargate > Girls...most of time

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCats
                    all girls I know hate sci fi lol. This board is great.
                    maybe you're just hanging around the wrong girls...just like i hang around the wrong guys who make fun of me for liking SG-1. haha.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Welcome, CaptainCats - hope you have as much fun here as you do watching the show!

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Just to clarify something ,CaptainCats.
                        In that reply to your first post,I just wanted to tactfully point out, in my welcome,that "Pete"'s rather a controversial character around here.
                        I reckon you'll be fine anyway.

Have fun, posting !

Comment

Welcome! There's a ton of threads around here about Sam/Pete and Sam/ Jack if you want to check those out. There's a Ship Discussion thread too (enter at your own risk) where us anti-shippers can "debate" against shippers. I know there's a lot of people here that have the same feelings as you do regarding Pete so I'm sure you'll have many interesting discussions.
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
                          X